The cow jumped over the moon

The cow jumped over the moon

more like twin queefs lmao

the frothing-at-the-mouth retard lynch fans will claim to have enjoyed all the insufferable dougie shit, them saying "sonny jim" over and over again, but everyone knows that shit was the weakest bit of the return and lynch put it in there solely to see just how fucking irritating he could be and get away with it

Why did he hate Twin Peaks so much?

Damn...

No

He loves Twin Peaks. If that wasnt the case then he would make nostalgia-fest show. Also u can see his passion in BTS videos. Dougie was fantastic. Dougie parts are better comedy than any comedy movie in this decade.

I personally didn't dislike the Dougie stuff all that much. I was more bothered by needless cameos (no better than nuWars tier callbacks), meandering middle episodes (aside from episode 8 which I loved) which Dougie was a part of but not the worst part of, and the complete technical incompetence displayed in so many situations. Badly matching lighting between the actors and the CGI elements (bad green screening), that car explosion, everything about the direction of that scene with the kid getting hit by the car which all looked like it came out of a Neil Breen movie, and the general sloppiness. It's funny to me how most of Sup Forums obsesses over slowing down trailer footage and pointing out every single flaw and rushed element, and then completely ignores The Return, which might be the technically worst thing to ever air on television. Different audiences, I guess.
(Keep in mind, I don't hate The Return, there's much more to it than the bits that I dislike)

Rekt

Fuck off, I really like Kyle as Coop, but this shit Lynch put on him was a crime.

I suppose you laughed your ass off at Drive and Bladerunner 2049 because that was literally all Kyle did as Dougie, his Ryan Gosling impression coupled with repeating people's lines back to them

Kyle would be the PERFECT Flagg if they ever remade The Stand and he just stayed in his Dopplecoop persona.

Checked and Rekt

based af

Is this what he told you or is this how you heard it?

u are retarded? The difference is that Las Vegas subplot was very funny and heartwarming. Comparing it to Drive or Blade Runner is very retarded, u probably didnt even watch new Twin Peaks.

HELLOOOOOOOOO

Cooper is overrated character. He is loser, and he can go fuck himself. Laura, Leland Palmer, Sarah are so much better character.

>insufferable dougie shit
Take that back, Dougie Jones is the best work of Lynch's career

THISSSSSS

>funny and heartwarming
>lol he's holding himself because he forgot how to piss
>lol he's repeating everything everyone says
>lol he foiled a fraud plot without doing anything
>lol their son is an annoying fuck
>lol naomi watts is complete shit and hit the wall ten years ago so wtf is she doing in this besides calling in a personal favor

Dougie Jones is the biggest pleb filter of the century so far.

Sonny jin is a revelation

MUCH CGI... Who cares? Surreal = weird, different, strange, unsetting... The Return did fantastic job not only in narrative department when all expecations were subverted,but also in technical departments when everything was really dreamy and unrealistic and unsetting and weird. Literally loved every part of The Return... I loved every minute, every second im missing it so fucking much :-(

pleb detected.

>might be the technically worst thing to ever air on television
I kind of assumed that was a product of budget / the amount of time it took to film / the fact that Lynch did most of it himself
It's almost comical half the time (the floating Garland Briggs head lmao) but I can look past it

i take no issue with the production or technical aspects. Lynch has always had dubious production values, acting, and practical, as well as cgi, effects. it's part of the charm of his movies.

i read an opinion piece arguing that The Return should be considered alongside films for things like the academy awards and stuff like that, i think it was an article on reverse shot. i remember the person writing actually compliments the cgi, acting like it is intentionally bad and off-putting to match the aesthetics of the show.

if anything, the worst part of the show is its insane netflix "rerun" fanbase and the kinds of ridiculous hoops these people will jump through in order to come up with ideas like this. watching inland empire, you really get a sense of uh-oh, maybe lynch is actually full of shit and his other films were great because he had people who knew what they were doing working with him.

the return is a nice middle ground, looks like a trashy showtime show but not as bad as some home movie, so you've got a director who's work is perfectly proportional to his budget. really makes you think what a fucking idiot he's got to be.

low production values =/= technical incompetence
Eraserhead is cheap but technically perfect.

what sequences would you cite as technically incompetent? while certain moments seemed to me less than stellar, i wouldn't go far as to call any sequence as incompetent. aesthetically displeasing, sure, but technically incompetent? are you sure you're not confusing sequences you disliked and calling them out as technically incompetent?

>maybe lynch is actually full of shit and his other films were great because he had people who knew what they were doing working with him.

Wut? Every of his movie is LYNCH as LYNCH can get. His vision in every project is as strong as strong can get. Every success and failure is 100 % on Lynch in every project he ever made. In The Return not only he is directing, but acting, editing, sound design, and who know what else.

Also Lynch should get Emmy for Sound Design, he is deserving it as much as Kyle for his performance.

minus Dune, he didnt have complete freedom on it.

I was totally fucking on board with all this insane shit until the final episode which confirmed it all meant fucking nothing and was just pure self-indulgent lynch """Dream logic""""

>people are shitting on the best kino of the decade

That scene where the car explodes when some guys are trying to break into it (IIRC), everything with the kid getting hit by the van, and the use of green screen near the beginning (episode 3 I think) where you can see non-matching studio light on the actors in a really unfortunate way. The first two are mainly based around awkward direction and editing.

I loved almost every single minute of it.
Its not at all what I wanted.
But its exactly what I wanted.

I really need to see the series again because I cannot recall the car explosion scene. I do remember thinking the kid getting run over wasn't Lynch & co. at their best, though. I also can't recall the green screen scene you're talking about. I don't think a couple of scenes in over 17 or so hours of footage means the production was technically incompetent, but I'm a forgiving lad. I can gloss over shit I don't like or lapse in technical proficiency if I think the narrative ride is worth it.

If that's what you got out of it, then maybe you should reconsider the last couple of episodes?Sure, everything Lynch does is self-indulgent. That's Lynch being Lynch. And since when do you need a narrative to "mean something?" It's all entertainment and as much what you put into it as it puts into you.

The car scene didn't seem incompetent in itself, for a tv show at least.
The facepalming truck driver and crowd was some pretty fucking hilariously incompetent extra acting though.
The car bomb was probably the weakest thing in the entire show, for sure.

99% of people are normies, and from that 99% maybe like 25% have the potential to think outside of the box