Is it actually good or is it highly rated because black people?

is it actually good or is it highly rated because black people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8X2jVd_OY
youtube.com/watch?v=ETv6GWX0acs
youtu.be/UnJyLWtYU8c?t=30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's ok but not great

What do you think? Yes you're right.

It's good, it's just overhyped. And if you see Jordan in interviews talking about it, I don't think he gets his own film.

It’s alright. Not the piece of shit Sup Forums wants you to believe but not the greatest movie ever SJW’s want you to believe. 7/10

It's pretty good. It gets it's point across without being obnoxiously preachy. The ending is pretty neat. It's enjoyable watch.

It's a comedy for whites and horror for blacks. Yeah, It's great.

I don't know why don't you watch it yourself and develop your own opinion you utter melt

The latter, but shills will call you a poltard for saying that.

it's one of those movies where you can tell the ending of the script got changed and no one bothered to go back and change the rest of the script to reflect this twist

both

It's cool. Black guy is crucial to the plot. It's not token black just for diversity. Makes perfect sense.

I feel like neither Sup Forums nor SJWs realize the movie is mocking the antiracist progressive left.

It would be great without the comic relieve dude. It's conventional horror with very few jump-scares and also a dark comey. So if you are into that sort of movie (Horror/dark comedy) it's pretty good.
>mocking the antiracist progressive left.
Well parts of it but yeah.

then why is everyone celebrating it winning an award from the antiracist progressive left

t. poltard

it's between a 5,5 or 6 out of 10 movie

>It's a comedy for whites and horror for blacks.
Regurgitated soundbyte.

It's a well made movie with a multi-faceted message that the critics and even the director don't understand.
>Sup Forums
"Coal burners and race traitors get what they deserve"
>white liberals
"Oh shit, I need to be even MORE tolerant. I'm so sorry for being white"
>blacks
"Stay away from wypipol y'all"

because theyre dumbasses

Call me a brainlet but i don't get the point of this movie. What was thesis here? That white people use blacks as tokens?

It's a solid 7/10

Ironically overhyped by the sort of people the movie was mocking.

You’re not a brainlet, that’s precisely it. A few other themes interspersed but primarily that yes

The tweeeest is apparent roughly 20 seconds into the movie and it plays in exact fashion you'd expect. What remains is a boring le social commentary appendage of a flick

Because they don't think it's them.

I'm not a Sup Forumstard I wrote in Obama in 2016.

This desusenpai.

because they are self agrandizing dumbasses who would have voted for Obama a third term if they could have

I watched it last night. It's good. Decent psych thriller. It's not nearly as "fuck whitey" as it's made out to be, and the white people in it are clearly liberal.

I will say, it's a pretty blatant rip off of Skeleton Key and the Stepford Wives so giving it best original screenplay was pretty stupid to me. But this movie was made on a 4.5 million dollar budget and was really well made. Decent score. Good cinematography. You empathize with the main character because of the weirdness of everything. Rounds up nicely at 105 minute run time. Not too long but not a cash grab either. Unironically think it should have won BP.

7.5/10.

p much this, the crossover between people who are fans of 'Get Out' and 'Black Panther' is 100%. the hysterical rants over the past week about how it deserved best picture were embarrassing

still think it deserved the screenplay Oscar tho

It's a solid psychological horror film and is good as such. But it has absolutely no business being anywhere near best picture, and it being a 'contender' was entirely down to politics.
So I guess you could say a bit of both.

>That white people use blacks as tokens?

almost, a more nuanced moral is:

that on the surface white people may revere and admire blacks but really they want to use them as a vessel to achieve their own ends.

I liked it

I mean, it absolutely is a black critique on white liberals but it handles it well enough that's it a solid 7/10 movie.

What if you're neither?

No bullshit, it's a solid 3/5 flick

>black critique on white liberals
Wait, is that allowed? It's the other kind of white people that hate them.

50/50

Both.
It's one of the better horror movies made in the past couple years. Well shot, tightly written, plot's decently engaging. The social commentary is decent, but I feel that really shouldn't be the selling point of the movie as it didn't really bring to light any interesting ideas/viewpoints about the topic.
It's merely a very good movie, both grossly overrated by the very people it's (apparently) making fun of and grossly underrated by your friendly neighborhood reactionaries who think it's about them.

>still think it deserved the screenplay Oscar tho
None of the movies nominated to it deserved it though.
It's like the orginizers are well aware that people is too retarded to know what a screenplay is.

Imagine being white and unironically watching a movie the director himself branded as anti-white.
This is some next level cuckoldry

They're just confused due to the appalling state of education and basic information services for PoC in Trump's America.

It takes too long.
That`s what recommendations are for. So you can have an idea if you are going to waste your time or not.

If you're black it's horror, if you're white it's a morality play, and if you're Chinese or something I bet it's legitimately funny.

Seriously though

When a black person is in a white neighborhood, nothing is going to happen to them. At worst they feel a little uncomfortable and out of place

If whitey goes to a black neighbourhood it's all but guaranteed they will get jumped and robbed

I seriously don't get where this fucking MUH WHITE PEOPLE shit comes from

the story is dumb as hell but it's well-executed, all-in-all I'd say it's mediocre

I liked it. Some nice symbolize at some points, felt creepy when needed, and the comedic relief character was actually funny and not annoying. Main complaint is the jump scares felt unnecessary, like in It follows. 7/10, 7.5/10 if I'm feeling generous.

It points out how liberals are the real racists.

I thought this too. It's not even the evil policeman trope, it's just a straight kidnapping by an elderly suited-up white man in a nice car.

OBLIGATORY REMINDER;

"Get Out" is undeserving of any Academy Award, ESPECIALLY Best Screenplay. As a matter of fact, this movie is objectively a below average film that is poorly written and poorly executed. The only reason it received any praise (or any recognition at all, for that matter) is the political weight it carries about racism and a virtue signalling Hollywood agenda.
>Inb4 Come on user, that is pretty harsh, do you have any proof to back those claims?
Yes, I do. here is a link of why "Get Out" isn't a good film from an objective perspective that points out its major logical flaws in the plot itself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zu8X2jVd_OY

DUDE WHITE PEOPLE WANT TO KILL NEGROES AND USE THEIR BODIES FOR SEX LMAO

Imagine never wanting to hear different opinions

It's because these movies are made by middle class black people who have only lived around whites.

i thought it was decent-good, definitely worth a pirate

the whole sink shot during the therapy was great

Good movie. Not all WUZ like so many feared or claimed. Pretty cool story for a horror film. 8/10

Masterb8r

I don't get this argument at all. It definitely didn't deserve best original screenplay, it's not original. The plot is a DEFINITIVE rip off of the Skeleton Key, Stepford Wives, and the Immortalizer.

I DO think it should have won best director. 4.5 million dollar budget to make a 7.5/10 horror/thriller that made 200+ million worldwide. That is a defensible best director nod.

Both

I am unironically not baiting. The movie plot of "Get Out" has more holes in it than a sponge and it deserves to be criticized for it.

It’s mocking white liberals. It’s not really an anti conservative movie Sup Forums wants to think.

I liked it and I enjoy seeing horror comedies get Oscars.

Reminded me of The Visit which I love.

But I do think that if this movie got an Oscar and The Visit didnt its just because of the black director and actor.

The way he talked about the film changes drastically over the year

Based because it shows liberals racism, but not oscar worthy.

It's good. Watch it OP and try to ignore Sup Forums's screeching

The irony the public response mirrors the scene where the white people appluad the black guy for being black.

ironically it won an oscar because of the soft bigotry of low expectations which is partly what this movie mocks

it's a movie for ooga boogas

Its good, one of the few movies I've watched more than once

im asian and this shit was hilarious

It was quite good, it was an incredibly original screenplay
inb4 derivative, inb4 stepford wives / guess who's coming to dinner inb4 jordan peele hates wypipo

This
The whole point of the characters in it is that they dont think they are dong anything bad because they are progressive and being black is "cool", the movie mocked racists and people who are white but so obsessed with race at the same time, its a centrist film that the right wing hate because they think its preaching a message or they just hate black people and the left loves it because of black people.

Its honestly just a long twilight zone episode, I liked it 8/10

It was good and all of the 'white people cant understand this movie' stuff in interviews etc. was a bit condescending

It is okay but the big twist is horrendously stupid and blatantly obvious right from the start

Its not a twist if its obvious

Overrated but okay. It's essentially Stepford Black/White Liberals, Invasion of the Black Body Snatchers, whatever.

White liberals are self hating anyway so they get off a film with black director mocking them

Not to people that don't breath manually

It's the first movie ever made by a black person that stars a black person that black people have ever been allowed to see. it is historical.

highly rated for the negroe

Of course they don't. Both groups hate themselves and everyone else.

Pretty good movie desu. It actually has some commentary on the "it's good because black people" meme.

Are they? I tend to reccomend movies for the opposite reasons.

mediocre horror flick being hailed as insightful social commentary by americans, of course

youtube.com/watch?v=ETv6GWX0acs

youtu.be/UnJyLWtYU8c?t=30

black trash

Wrong. What you should take away from this is that if you are a passive weakling you will be mocked and exploited.

White liberals have this idea that if they give up their identity for the benefit of every other group but there own it will make them liked when they are just ridiculed. When a black person is ranting abut whites they don't have a "except them pussy liberals"

Strong Points of Movie:
- The unique premise of being accepting of race can go to far. I don't want to label it on just white liberals - just interesting that a film took a premise that was opposite of racism - instead of a group of people who loved a race a little too much - to the point they wanted to become it at all costs - and how it comes full circle.
- Interesting twist on a horror genre of a movie (though I would put it up there with IT - which was just as good).
- It's amusing to watch. It's funny, scary, thrilling. The movie's quite entertaining keeps you on your feet and has memorable moments. No trailing boring scenes.

Weak Points:
- Good storyline, but it's not a STRONG storyline. There is little depth and construction given to it compared to other thrillers.
- Plotline loop holes, inconsistencies
- Jokes can get a little corny
- I feel the public interpreted this movie far deeper than what it's meant to be. Seriously - Peele doesn't even analyze his own movie as deep as some of the viewers did. He literally just went along with it. It's a political statement but not a strong one like let's say 12 Years a Slave. I feel the controversy around this movie is simply created by Americans fighting over liberalism and conservatism.

Did it deserve to win best screenplay? Sure, why not, quite frankly none of the movies were incredibly outstanding this year. they all had drawbacks.

The use of possitive discrimination was a nice change for one, since everyone talks about the hateful racism to death but nobody talks about how affirmative action can be just as harmful.
Of course the actual message of the film went over SJWs heads and they overhyped the movie just because it had blacks in it. Kinda like what happened to Black Panther desu. Solid movie but everyone thought the message of Killmonger was the intended one instead of the one chosen at the end of the film.

6/10 - Left many times with a shitty suspense followed by a cheap jump scare. If you have nothing to watch, I would recommend, but there isn't anything special at all and shouldn't of got half of the attention it did.

Not bad
Probably around a B-
Fairly standard horror crap. It's not really funny or all that scary (his fat friend was the best part)
I guess it gets some points for the twist ending but body switching isn't exactly original
Hardly even works as a satire on race relations as it takes the entire movie building suspense to get to it.

Also peele chickedned out on the ending. He should have gotten shot by the cops after killing the white family
Annabelle creation was better

I think you're imagining the film is a lot more clever than it actually is

I don't get it, the movie is not good. At all. The cardboard characters, as intentional as it may have been, are simply tedious to watch.
>i-it was on purpose to deliver the message!

I don't give a shit. What message? Rich white people are evil? *Yawn*. Insanely politicized people perceive rich white people as evil? Tell me something I don't know.

The narrative makes little to no sense and so does the ending. The flick has nothing going for it other than the agenda a viewer might perceive within it. It is simply hollow.

>white people want to be black

Black people don't even want to be black.

right. there is this central delusion by black people that white people are just desperate to be a part of black culture.

some are, but its not many. it applies much more the other way around. still doesn't stop them from believing it like its the law of gravity.

Its amazing

then you should kys you beta skinned foreigner

It's pretty good. They did a good job giving Wakanda character unlike with Asgard, the soundtrack was surprisingly great and Warmonger was one of the best villains. I'd rate it Captain America The First Avenger/10

but muh big penis