BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After Grammy, people expect only nigger and women pandering +lot of political bullshit.
In fact they went against expectations and were not as much political.
It's sad coz that was really professional ceremony, without bursts and buzz.

>In fact they went against expectations and were not as much political.
Did you even watch it?

Are you fucking kidding me guy

That Still seems way too high

From now on they will skip the ceremony and just update the respective wikipedia articles

Hope they add more diversity next year

>implying people watch the grammys

it was just a totally shit year for movies. There was not a single inarguably great movie nominated. Just some good, but flawed stuff that overall comes to mediocrity.

Yes I did. They awarded Oldman instead of that nigger. Directing and cinematography also went to proper people despite having women among nominated. Best song went also to Mexicans. Noone made political drama about muh strung womn. They mentioned Weinstein few times but were not going wild about it.

This is true. Even Good Time and BR 2049, which weren’t especially excellent but better than the majority of best pic nominees, were excluded. And they literally have the worst (by far) foreign language film the win bc it has a tranny in it.

Stop liking all these bland late night Jimmies America

>it was ust a totally shit year for movies.
"No!"

Literally a quarter of the US Population. I'd say it did pretty well.

Also no one said "fuck Trump" or something like this. Only thing I didn't like was awful pushing for that shitty Wrinkle in Time with Oprah. Apart that it was ok, focused on movies and only movies, not diversity memes.

26 and a half million pairs of eye balls for one night is still great fucking ratings by the standards of television.

It's like a multi-billion dollar corporation complaining that their profits have dropped while they're still making millions hand-over-fist.

Y'all white niggas need to unfuck yourselves.

brainlet

>Literally a quarter of the US Population

Watch as the Academy hires Jimmy Kimmel AGAIN to host next year since leftists love to double down.

Also no "lets tweet at Donald Trump"

That was pretty cringey last year

Also not a fan of Kimmel using people for props

He's right

The fuck are you talking about?! They literally couldn't stop themselves, even had a musical number about it that wasn't even related to any movie.

How old does one need to be to think 2017 had any legitimate great movies?

26 million out of 1 billion. Easy to do the math in this case.

But it was. No true greatness came to a single cinema in 2017. Even Phantom Thread was merely good.

How dumb*

>It's sad

No it's not. Kill yourself faggot.

1/4 of 320,000,000 is?

Isn't that the number for people who watched it globally? I'm a brainlet when it comes to TV ratings so excuse me if I'm wrong.

>323 / 27 = 4 / 1

300 million

Take 100 million away for over 70
Take 100 million away for under 22

100 million / 26 million = 26%

*white US population

>Literally a quarter of the US Population. I'd say it did pretty well.

There are great movies every year. The only people who complain about "bad years" for movies are the people who only limit themselves to capeshit or oscar movies. You're telling me that no single movie released in the entire year is anything above a 7/10?

>Literally a quarter
>Literally
>Take away 200 million

I think a better question is why did 26 million people feel the need to spend their free time watching rich people suck each other's cocks

Why would you remove people over 70? They're the only folks who still care about the fucking awards.

I literally don't understand the Oscars. I heard of maybe 2 movies all night.

Not him, but everything I've seen is at that score I guess. Not bad movies, but nothing mind blowing, which makes sense because that happens only once in a while not every fucking year

People aren't tunning out because of the political things, it's because people are cutting cable boxes.

The Oscars are especially affected because you can just watch the highlights on YouTube, unlike say the Superbowl where you need to watch the whole game to get the most out of it.

There were some 8/10s, but foreign cinema especially was disappointing this year. Loveless was a poor follow up to Leviathan. Anyone who’s seen a lot of films knows greatness when they see it, and there wasn’t a single masterwork released in 2017.

Black Panther wasn't even nominated for anything. I'm suprised they didn't at least give them a token nod for music.

It was a sunday and there was no football

20% drop.

The people have spoken: fuck your politics.

>mfw

>quarter of the us population

These are the people that I argue with on Sup Forums

Thats part of it but not the whole thing. I used to watch the oscars religiously but I stopped in 2016 when liberals lost their minds.

This just telegraphs that you only bothered with Oscar/Golden Globe noms and big U.S. box office hits.

>323 million * 0.25 = 80 million

me too, but TRUE diversity - asians, mexicans, not nigger "diversity" meme

I think hes getting at households or something

People don't watch Live TV anymore besides sports.

>reduces the population with no explanation why to make his math work

what the fuck are you smoking?

Hahaha I guarantee I saw way more foreign films than you. None were exceptional. Pray tell, what was 2017’s Winter Sleep?

Yeah all those babies tuning in...

>These are the people that I argue with on Sup Forums

I’m not even American, how many euro films did you watch faggot

Even sports ratings are dropping, the leagues need to start catching up.

They were probably shit like they’re always shit, it’s a circlejerk of lameass movies where maybe 1 is good but the rest are just pretentious soap boxes. I mean shit I like del toro a lot (but of course all Sup Forums does) but shape of water had no punch, no drive, nothing. What was the point? Free love is already a thing man.

All the movies are like this, just meaningless pandering and the oscars are meaningless pandering to the meaningless pandering. Gay shit man

>y’all niggas need to unfuck yourselves

Funny, Hollywood accountants are telling production companies the same thing

Hollywood is dying. It's about fucking time.

Why did they let this hack host the oscars again? Nobody wants to watch this whiny crybaby jew. If you want good ratings, pick someone that masses like. Someone like Rock, Tom Cruise, Goose. Also nominate movies that were mainstream and popular with masses, even if you don't plan to let them win. That will generate buzz and interest. Nobody is going to tune in to watch your award ceremony if all the contenders are movies that masses haven't seen or care about.

Jealous of his weight loss?

>LESS PEOPLE ARE WATCHING TELEVISION?!?
>THIS IS A BRAND NEW DEVELOPMENT!!

Some people just need to watch it. Like even if you didn't like either football team you'd still watch the Super Bowl? Some people are just super hardcore movie fans and actually give a crap to see someone win live like say Gary Oldman or they actually love the spectacle or to judge each dress or be better at picking the winners than Julia from Accounting.

what kind of opinions about television does your dog have?

Alt-right faggots don't know that TV viewership has dropped at lot. You have to do a regression and control for that.

Yep this doesn't include online viewership

Maybe people are tired of celebs getting on soapboxes and talking down to people about politics.

>quarter of the US Population

>the movie scene is ruff these days

Well, it's still relatively big, females still like award shows and they are still riding the momentum of their golden days but it definetly is showing a tendency towards decline and they'll probably continue to lose steam over the next years, more so if they keep pounding the political activism shit.
Video on demand will eventually kill these events or render them culturally irrelevant in the near future, so there is that.

the music was all horrible except eddie vedder. like the most awful amateur SJW crap music I have ever heard.

Yeah this, if they had used a female host it would have made people feel good and Kimmel is probably the most hated talk show host at this time so its insane to let him host again.

>quarter of the US Population

Each song sounded like it would be in a promo for This Is Us.

That's a lot of people for this day and age. Why do these still draw in so many viewers, despite everyone moving away from television?

> were not as much political

INCLUSION

RIDER.

WOAAAAAAAH

>being this European

>CHANGES ALWAYS HAPPEN OVERNIGHT AND NEVER OCCUR OVER THE COURSE OF YEARS!
>IT’S IMPOSSIBLE THAT TV IS LOSING PUNCH AND INTRIGUE AND AUDIENCES ARE SLOWLY UNPLUGGING AS GOOD TV SHOWS ARE CANCELLED AND SHIT IS FILTERED IN
Very brainlet opinion, very unintelligent. Sad!

>quarter of the US population

>people are actually falling for the quarter of the US population bait

Out of the running for it this year, expect it next year

You dumbass network tv isn't in cable. Stop making excuses. In fact cable cutters are the reason why antenna use is growing.

That bitch looked really unstable. You just get that over-medicated SJW feel from her. Like they load up on meds before leaving their safe space just to appear functional and resist breaking out into a reeeeeee every few minutes. She got the shakes and twitches real bad.

this

TIL, 26 million out of 330 million is a quarter.

.....why? Why chop off 26 million outright than drop an additional 200 million, one of which makes up most of the TV viewing population and the other makes up millenials+gen z? I’d be ok if you chopped off 75~ for under 18, but this? Mong

25 is a quarter

Not sure how people don't get this

That makes sense, thanks

@95528385
>25 is a quarter
Of what? I’m genuinely interested in how retarded you seem to ne

Kimmel honestly sucked the life out of the Oscars this year. I'd rather have Billy Crystal host it for the 30th fucking time than have this hack back again.

it's pretty entertaining teebeeache

So? This is exactly what the average American hoped would happen. Racist, sexists, and missoginists would tune out and drop out, while people with empathy and feeling actually watched. These are the people that actually matter. Not these people that voted for trump, etc. they’re a dying breed.
We’re there a lot of f*** white people jokes? Yeah, but, that’s the point. F*** white peoples. I hope that in my lifetime (I’m 19 for reference) I’ll be able to see an Oscars where there is NO white people.
Next year i want to see a trans actress on state picking up the reward for best performance, and you know what? We’ll probably lose even MORE viewers. And it’s totally okay. I’m okay with it. White people have had representation for so long. I just want them all gone from my television, my movies. We need more black panthers not supermen. More wonder women not harry potters. and movies with strong female roles and POC in lead roles, not freaking white people.
The Oscars were better for me than they have ever been and they were like that for a lot of the other people that I know too. The people that matter. Real people.

Poor bait, way too obvious

so this is the power of british edu?

>26.5 million morons watched that garbage
Truly sad....

they were busy watching black panther which beat it's estimates again

fucking kek