/who/ - Doctor Who General

Jodilso Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6DdbgaGf_4
bradleybasement.wordpress.com/doctor-who-timelines/the-monsters-timelines-index/the-daleks-timeline/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that Nyssa a cute,

can you do gifs or webms? you could go a regeneration, fading between matt and peter. Or peter and jodie, if you've made a jodie

>create art of tardis and jodie
>use photo for pull to open sign

im triggered, why is the sign white? i know this was made before people saw the new phone box, but that's no excuse!

I personally don't have the skill or talent to do webms, but I hope to release the models at some point when I can work out how the fuck to export them properly.

I'm still hoping someone who's knowledgeable about valve stuff can help me get them into SFM and possibly Garry's Mod.

or why the window panes are blue?

Ood's Food and Mood

Thoughts on this ep?

and why's she wearing that black hoodie? that's not her costume! honestly, do they even watch the show?

Reminder that Nilso a cute,

t. Nyssa

>current year plus 2108
>simpsons is still relevant
Why do shows do this? Name ONE thing from over twothousand years ago that was popular at the time and you care about now.
don't say stupid shit like romans and dinosaurs, those were lifestyles. You don't go around pinning cave drawings on your wall

what time will /who/ next get busy? like 4pm GMT?

Plato

fuck off judy

at fuck off GMT

You had one job, Chibbers

One job

very helpful mate

noice

Lads, what's your most nostalgia-inducing theme? Vid related

youtube.com/watch?v=f6DdbgaGf_4

Boobies XD

I think it will probably be easier for modern things to remain relevant going forward with how much easier it is to instantly access it visually compared to things from the past

#notmydoctor

That's extremely low effort, 451, after we've seen what you're capable of.

Yee Jse Tso got Vortex Billing and
Nick Briggs never did
why live?

Who /machinitransmofology/ here?

fuck off

Do we have the original image?

>doctor is a woman
Dropped

I'm sorry your parent was so careless to drop you.

See you in October.

>doctor is a woman
Drop it like it's hot! Drop it like it's hot!

Best episodes of Radio Free Skaro? Any great episodes of Verity? I'm thinking of listening to some old ones

We need to meme this into reality, come on!! we can do it

Haha funny, have an upvote.

Who is the Doctor Who equivalent of Sam Nunberg?

nth for Verity

Who is the Doctor Who equivalent of Saul Alinsky

I dont know why I feel we'll manage to get 8 or 9 back for a multi story

Chibnall will go a year or two with zero Classic references, then pull a returning Doctor out of the hat and people will actually be surprised by it

I dunno, I think only his first series will be entirely self contained

Eccleston for punk rock vampire when?

I imagine it'll last the entire run of his first Doctor (so Jodie). I predict Jodie will stay for three years as per the curse, he'll run a new Doctor for two years but they'll both leave together at the end of the 'five year plan'. The fact Moffat had to really sell it to him tells me Chibnall is in it as a short term gig, and the BBC is hoping that little spell will breathe new life into the show for it to progress properly.

McGann would always be up for it, but no one knows who he is, so it would be kind of pointless, as far as the general public is concerned. Eccleson would be fuckin great though. He's very enthusiastic about the doctor being played by a working class northern woman, and he's worked with Jodie before, so I can almost see it happening. I would love for him to come back so much. But I can't get my hopes up desu plus, two northern doctors would be a great combination, and having Nine express his "approval" of Thirteen in the same way Eleven did in Capaldi's first episode would be pretty cool, provided it's not done in a heavy handed way

/who/'s meme magic is definitely strong enough for this to work.

was leela even female

she had no tits

Rank your Doctors.

3>4=9>7>10>5>2>1>6>8>12>11

Pertwee is my nigga, fight me.

shit taste trash garbage

She was my favorite of 5's companions. I liked how she was extremely calm in situations compared to the others, and would actively find ways to assist the Doctor and outsmart enemies. I honestly found Tegan annoying and whiny.

Makes sense. The fact that he comes right off the bat to say he has a plan that lasts a specific length of time means that unless he gets into it later he'll leave after that ends.

Though it would be interesting seeing 9 since I assume the writers would wanna capitalize off that and do something related to his run. Maybe a better Slitheen Two parter

>NuWho fags

And fans wonder why God abandoned us.

7/3/8/2/9/12/1/6/4/5/11/10/War
gentle companions are nice

I cant fault any list since they will all be different but 11 in last is just absolute awful taste.

m8 your arrows are pointing the wrong way

>Pertwee last

Fucking disgusting

no that way it's actually worse

The funny thing with ranking Doctor is that no matter how you order it someone will potentially misconstrue your voting intentions - just because ___ is at the bottom of the list it doesn't mean that the individual thinks they're the absolute worst. It's just how ranking works.

9=4>12>2>11=10>8>3>7>5>1>6

When is “The Daleks” set in the Dalek timeline?

god knows

Matt Smith was the worst, though. He never not felt like a toddler trying to be like dad.

>I assume the writers would wanna capitalize off that and do something related to his run.
Using autons would be a symbolic one I think. In a way it's a very iconic new who episode, partially because it's the first. It also means then end of the Jodie crossover can lead into Series 1. Maybe 13 has to leave, but tells 9 she has full confidence in him. and 9 is left with no memory, standing on the roof of a department store, holding a bomb. It all comes full circle

Early on according to this guy
bradleybasement.wordpress.com/doctor-who-timelines/the-monsters-timelines-index/the-daleks-timeline/

Rankings are individual and specified to personal tastes, my dude

I like to think that it's set in the end when they are almost extinct but there's no way to prove it

sort of... sideways. I have a headcanon that the time war retroactively fucked with Dalek history because timelords kept trying to avert their creation, or guide their evolution to be peaceful. When in doubt, Time War headcanon. if you imagine the time war as a convoluted mess of truncated timelines and paradoxes, you can make anything fit into continuity. or just dont bother, its a tv show :P im just autistic like that

great idea

Thanks. I'm a big fan of the autons, beause I think they represent something fundamental about the show. a crossover between normal things, and alien. something as regular as shop window dummies coming to life. Also I love the campiness that comes with them

Plus a lot of the show's more famous modern ideas of innocent things with sinister origins like statues, shadows, etc all sort of come from an idea like the autons.

The are kinda special for me too because I started classic who with their debut

I agree completely. The general direction of 8's pre-NuWho Big Finish stories is phenomenal: Charley is a great character; Eight's paradox arc is wonderful; and then the Divergent Universe was a phenomenal aesthetic pivot in a blindingly exciting direction. But you're dead-on that the execution wasn't all there. "Zagreus" wasn't as good as it could have been, and only two audios in the whole arc really shine. Damned if they don't shine brightly, though.

Jacob Black sent me "Unnatural Selection" for Christmas. It's pretty neat; I'd definitely recommend it for that rare Jimbo lore. I wish shit like that existed for every good Who story.

Now I have to check out that commentary!

>no TARDIS Cam No.2: The Submarine Base
>no Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.
>no The Daleks Chase Walter the Worm
fucking dropped

Seriously though, it's nice to see the old Dalek annuals getting some timeline love, even if it just seems like he put them in their own little category instead of bothering to place them in their proper spots. (Eg tons of those stories take place during "Daleks' Master Plan".) They're a great piece of Who history, though. Virgin Abslom Daak

Can imagine normies in the 80s saying the show was “so much scarier” when it was in black and white for some reason.

Autons again would be great, just realized it's been 8 years since they were onscreen (and even that's sort of generous, counting Roman Rory + a couple of cameos in Big Bang/Pandorica). Saw somebody mention the possibility of parts of mannequins coming to life instead of whole ones, like a disembodied pair of legs chase/kicking someone, and that sounds spoopy, as well as all the consumer products you could have come to life a la the Death by Chair scene from Terror.

You guys should stop your tripfags by raiding the entire board with sneedposting. Your general is in danger just sayin.

I'd love to see an Auton struggling with its personal identity and becoming a recurring character but i'm not sure how close that might skirt to being a 1:1 of s5 Rory.

Which do you prefer - classic Auton gun or new series laser?
they sneed, we sneed - everyone sneeds

They'd have a point. There are plenty of scenes in the B&W era that are made a lot creepier by the lack of colour. First ep of Mind Robber is a good example.

In fact, I'd love to see smaller recurring villains in similar veins to Lytton. Not necessarily as blood-thirsty or violent though.
Mind Robber ep1 is really creepy. It reminds me of pic-related (I promise I'll stop shilling this picture one day)

The Doctor has been working in this store for so long and yet he completely missed an absolutely massive poster with Amy on it

He wasn't working in that bit of the store.

For some reason this picture made me remember that I will never have cute gf who loves me.

Doctor Who is dead.

>i have a cute gf who wants to watch Doctor Who with me
keep up hope user!
>tfw I'm gonna make her a tennantfag

capaldo?

nope

I wonder if Captain Roberts still lurks

Classic for sure - there's something about the orange powder effect and the "total destruct" where the body just disappears that's creepier than generic zapping. Shouldn't be too difficult to recreate in CGI either, the Ice Warrior balling-up gun from Empress was sort of similar.

LIFE RETURNS - LIFE PREVAILS! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

>Which do you prefer - classic Auton gun or new series laser?
The fact that they're shooting bullets (im guessing plastic bullets) is somehow worse. lasers are very scifi, and bullets are more... real

Do you mean "worse" as in "terrible idea" or "physically painful"

>Do you mean "worse" as in "terrible idea" or "physically painful"
Oh right, that wasn't clear at all, was it? I meant physically painful. lasers seem less real on screen. When they seem to fire bullets, it seems more real. I'd love to see a scene where the characters hear gunshots and glass breaking, but dont realise its aliens or anything. they just think its a shooter, or terrorism. I prefer the guns to the lasers.

i still don't understand

t.MrSinxist

autons shoot bullets equals more real feeling and scary.

he's clearly having you on, chap

why does this look like it was designed about ten years ago?

It doesn't look bad at all user.
Stop overreacting

Because the TARDIS looks like the TV movie one

>Make your own Time Lord collar
Fucking hell, this shit's turning into Doctor Who Adventures.