Altered Carbon

What's Sup Forums's consensus on Altered Carbon TV series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ONviWNYLKME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally 7 B movies combined into a TV show. Acting was alright in the beginning but fell apart half way through. The sister twist was actually retarded and made no fucking sense. They better not make a season 2

We can all agree Rei was the best girl.

I haven't watched it and there's very little chance I will watch it, so I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it's shit.

isn´t she the bukakke/facial abuse girl?

>AYYO LINDEN! I'M WEI SHIN MOTHER FUCKER! THIS IS POE, HE GOT MY BACK

Shit, I thought she looked familiar

I dropped it after the pilot, the protag's actor is garbage

Sup Forums incarnate (even if it is College Humor)

youtube.com/watch?v=ONviWNYLKME

Same as every other Netflix series. First half of the season was good then it went to shit.

Nice visuals. Ortega is a qt, every other female was hell incarnate.

I watched two episodes and was bored out of my skull. Then I watched Mute the day after.

There is no hope for this genre.

big benis :DDD

>Acting was alright in the beginning

you serious nigga?

interesting premise, horrible editing, really bad sound (why am I alone on this? I keep on thinking its my settings) and overuse of shallow depth of field (to the point that the focus puller has a really fucking hard time keeping shit in focus)

I have no idea where all the milions went

I can pinpoint the EXACT moment it went to shit. The whole show up to that point was acceptable. Then
>"I know, let's put the nice pair in the fighting ring, against a whole mob that wants to kill them and with absolutely no chance of escape!"
>"genius! but how will they actually escape?"
>"who the fuck cares? call one of them daredevil producers, he'll know what to do"
>"on it"
>ninja girl with sword steps on stage: "where's my onii-chan?"

It was alright, they decided to do a retarded twist with the sister that doesn’t make a lot of sense even if you think she wants to fuck her brother.

The woman is one of the richest people on the settler worlds and she can’t pay to get her brother resleeved or cloned or whatever she has to mastermind some insane conspiracy?

Wtf why?

kek

You start putting plans under microscopes and nothing is gonna make sense

Talentless morons being given too much money to make what in the end amounts to schlock

At least it looked nice

I love anim--oh wait

The Envoys are badasses highly trained and deadly idea went to shit when zero g fight almost got him killed if it wasn't for Deus ex Mexican, also the pit fight proved he wasn't that good either and got saved by a ninja sword... a fucking ninja wielding a sword...

Also the way all the Envoys were killed was just a let down, typical "we have no idea what to do with these characters, let's get rid of them" fiasco.

They should have shown more dystopian shit, like the little girl getting an old ugly sleeve because that's what insurance covered, more rich guys doing retarded shit because unsurprisingly 200 years of living without fear of death makes them shitty assholes, explain why the AI hotels were abandoned despite not being shitty places after all and why no one thought about demolishing them and building something new.

And why torture was legal. They had a fucking business torturing people like an office job. Those sort of ideas were far more interesting than retarded sister being envious of women taking away his bro.

>she can’t pay to get her brother resleeved or cloned

But she doesn't want his body/sleeve, she wants him.
His stack/soul/whatever you want to call it. And for some reason only Bancroft could convince the President to get him out of prison.

You forgot about:

>We need a song about being human playing in the background while the ninjas grill cuts niggers up.
>Easy. White Zombies More Human Than Human
>Not futuristic enough.
>We could have so gook grill do a cover.
>Perfect.

pretty, but they changed way too much of the plot from the book for it to be good.

They will because it's adapted from a trilogy of books (Altered Carbon was entirely the first book).

>Rei backed up Quell
>didn't back up her onii-chan

Really makes you think.

I have mostly cut out motion picture adaptations of works entirely from my diet.
Those that I do still follow are more thematically inspired than "1":"1" types.

One of the best decisions I've ever made.

Is this true? Is it worth to pick up the book?

I have to admit I was enjoying the shit out of this until the yandere imouto was introduced.

What do you guys think of the female Morpheus grill? She annoyed the fuck out of me...

This sums it up nicely. But I think the visuals may be worth it. Sure, it could be a lot better, but it wasn't baaaad.

>until the yandere imouto was introduced.
She isn't in the book.

You mean the meth-wanna-be nigg?

>
nah, I mean pic related

They're not related at all in the book, Tak just worked for Rei before and hates her because she's psycho.
The books decent cyberpunk, if a bit long winded with the 'red herrings' early on in the mystery.

Yeah, completely retarded.
>I'm a fucking ninja
>I'm also a super-scientist that literally invented the mythical philosopher's stone of eternal life, a general that leads the most bad-ass elite special ops soldiers to have ever existed now and in the future
Makes you think, how could she have lost? She is literally a genius, militarily and academically, and she has lots of fire power, and probably lots of money too since she invented immortality. And she's annoying as fuck.

I haven't read the books, so let me know if I'm off base here, but the idea of making the plot about a crazy sister that isn't in the source material is incredibly strange to me. That just seems like a completely different story. I kind of want to read the books since I've heard they're much better than this bullshit, but I feel like I need to wait until I forgot most of the show first

butchery of the highest order

Her final bed time story / allegory made me cringe so hard I almost threw a show at the tv

great show

It blows cancerous bloody stool crusted ass chunks so hard my fuckin' wig fell off ayy forget about it

based

Start is very strong, and then it leaves you with a series of anti climax and bullshit scenarios. It felt like a movie that decided to be a tv show, because there was only 3 hours of good content, the rest is useless filler.

But Netflix is incapable of a good title since the good place, which was only good in my opinion because it was a nice Saturday lie in show.

Honestly 5/10 - Snore fest past episode 3, but if you have nothing else to watch it isn't really bad, and at least the effects look really cool.

10 episode run that manages at least 2 filler episodes, with a shitty ending, and a bad set up for season 2

I liked parts of it, but it has glaring flaws

Yeah the ending was shit. A total let down. I swear to God if he's gonna go looking for that guerilla bitch of his the whole second season, I'm gonna pop. Also the whole love plot with Mexican grill ended up like shit. They really fucked it up. It started really good but damn it all went to shit after the gravity cage fight.

>he didn't fuck his sister and live happily ever after

Gay. Those last 3 episodes ruined it.

this

>if he's gonna go looking for that guerilla bitch of his the whole second season
I didn't watch past the ninja girl. You mean the nignog actually lived? DROPPED

>You mean the nignog actually lived?
You're gonna love this. The psycho sis said they made a copy of her consciousness and that she hid it someplace only she knew kek. And then she dropped dead, so she took that information to the grave. Enjoy season two.

I have a feeling that's also something that the show writers completely made up, I wouldn't trust them to make a completely original continuation.

It was meh. I hoped it would be better, because I love cyberpunk. But it ended up being just meh. A lot of the acting was awful. Especially from detective spic.

It was fantastic until 7th episode. Then it went downhill. Overall still pretty great.

Always up for more Dichen.

Besides that, it scratched my Noir and Sci-fi itches sufficiently to merit another season.

I don't get why the sister was so dead set on killing Tek's friends. She just had to promise to leave them alone and Tek would be his.

>Envoys are now terrorists

I can't see the point in this change from the book other than to have another boring "rebellion" angle where, shocker, the terrorists are actually the goodies with a bad name. If they are seen as terrorists Kovac would get a ton more shit from people, it would be like hanging out with an ISIS member.

What were they in the books?

Most of the actors appear to be graduates of Emilia Clarke's Academy of Saying Tough Things Without Actually Appearing Threatening. Especially the daughter with the afro, holy shit.

They were an arm of the governemnt, elite special forces that are sent in to put down revolutionaries or rogue states etc.

Makes more sense for them to be called Envoys then.

I liked it for the most part, if theh do a 2nd and followed the books it would be really different, broken angels was a pretty good book

I loved that Bangcroft was Marc Antony.

I was a bit disappointed we only got to see 2 of the Meth children.

But who was best girl?

it had an incredible amount of potential but it never went in depth into any of the interesting things it brought up, instead opting to be a shitty action movie with good aesthetics

probably would've been better if everything was presented in chronological order

every single fucking song in this series was a cover, and every time the original was miles better

>best
The only good girl was Ortega.

mom core kino

It works well as a cyberpunk noir murder mystery.

It goes to shit with anime plot and underwhelming death-cult hippies in the woods, I mean "rebels", starting at the the 7th episode. Negress messiah in particular is awful.

Everything that is terrible is stuff that wasn't in the book but was instead added by the special snowflake showrunner. (Aforementioned negress messiah, envoys being shitty rebels instead of gov't super soldiers, big bad being a retarded yandere sister.)

Overall I liked it, but I hope they STOP CHANGING SHIT FOR DUMB SELF INSERT FANTASIES and stick to noir in any sequels.

I tried to like it, but the philosopher monkey girl is a fucking joke.

The little beaner

If only her face didn't look like it was pumped with too much botox.

I feel like a fan edit of the whole series into a medium-long ish film would actually produce something quite decent

I can see the reasoning as she was powerful, but not "pay to free a terrorist from the most dangerous group in centuries" powerful. or maybe even that she didn't want people questioning why and discovering they were siblings. which could affect her status and credibility.

it's dumb they didn't explain it though. like cleaning that plot whole would have taken two lines of dialogue

I really liked the setting...the whole thing with stacks, sleeves, AI running businesses while also having AI poker games talking about how shitty humans are, etc.

Are the books any good?

It had its moments

Thought there would be more of a subplot with the AI.

my sides to true

Of the shows I've watched on Netflix recently, I enjoyed it. I thought the lead female was an annoying actress but had great tits and ass. Takeshi was pretty good and the story was OK. Solid 6.5/10.

Of the new-ish shows I've seen on Netflix recently I'd go

1. Dark
power gap
2. Mindhunter
3. Altered Carbon
4. Ozark
5. Stranger Things s2

>that's not actually ortega user

Why do asians dye their hair blonde? It's the worst.

She was hot in a weird way but the total lack of tits was disapointing.

Ortega by far but Bancroft's wife is hot as fuck. She had the best sex scene too.

Wasted potential except for the fedora robot scenes and early marc antony scenes

Oh shit, so it WAS Marc Antony! I thought I recognized him.

Last few episodes were bumpy but I liked it.

I hope we get a second season

I was digging it up until the sister turns out to be some crazy psycho that has no motivation for doing what she does, other than to be some evil villain for the show.

1-5 was great, then 6 had the daft sister comeback, 7 was an awful 60 minute long flashback (flashbacks were already the worst part of the movie because of rebel negress, although apparently she's a decent actor and it was likely just awful scriptwriting).

There's also the problem that the two Kovacs actors were never on the same set, they were playing completely different characters.