JUSTICE LEAGUE Test-Screenings

There's been a few test-screenings of JUSTICE LEAGUE for WB employees and affiliates with an overall mixed to positive reaction. General consensus seems to be that it's a good movie, on par with "Man of Steel", not as good as "Wonder Woman" but vastly superior to "Batman VS. Superman" and "Suicide Squad".

Rumored spoilers.

After Superman's death, Batman attempts to assemble a team to defend Earth from a looming threat, but is rejected by Wonder Woman and Aquaman. He later recruits the Flash.

Steppenwolf attacks Themiscyra and steals their Mother Box. Wonder Woman then joins the team and reveals that millennia before, Steppenwolf attempted to use three Mother Boxes to reshape Earth to Darkseid's image, but was repelled by an alliance between humans, amazons and atlanteans and the Mother Boxes were left behind and split among the three realms. Steppenwolf was exiled by Darkseid for his failure. Upon learning of Superman's death, he has returned to reclaim the Mother Boxes and complete his mission. Aquaman fails to prevent Steppenwolf from stealing Atlantis' Mother Box.

Wonder Woman approaches Cyborg, who is connected to the Mother Boxes, but he refuses. His father Silas Stone is later kidnapped by Steppenwolf's Parademons and he joins the team on a raid on the Parademons' nest in an abandoned tunnel connecting Gotham and Metropolis. Steppenwolf intervenes and nearly kills the heroes before Aquaman rescues them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The team finds out that Steppenwolf stole Superman's body to extract the Kryptonian Codex and create Super-Parademons and intercepts him at the Kryptonian scout ship in Metropolis. During the battle, the heroes find out Superman is alive in a death-like coma, and Batman manages to revive him, while the others fight Steppenwolf, who retreats with the final Mother Box. Superman is dishoriented and leaves as well to meet Lois Lane and Martha Kent.

In Russia, Steppenwolf begins reshaping the Earth. The heroes decide to stop him even thought they'll probably die. They're nearly destroyed when Superman joins the battle and helps defeat Steppenwolf, while Cyborg manages to interface with the Mother Boxes and undo their damage. Humilliated, Steppenwolf is once again exiled and executed by his own Parademons.

The world celebrates Superman's return, Cyborg embraces his new life and returns the Mother Boxes to their rightful places alongside Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Batman decides to keep the heroes on Earth to come together once again should Earth need them to. Superman then proposes to Lois and they move to Kent Farm.

Its every day with you, tweaking fanfic

Random stuff.

There are no real standout action scenes.

Editing is choppy in the first two acts, but improves during the third act.

Tone is consistently serious despite the increase of comedi scenes.

Whedon added a lot of dialogue. His material is obvious, but not jarring.

Lex Luthor, Deathstroke and Iris West have been cut, but Henry Allen appears.

Several scenes from the trailers have been cut, including Alfred talking to Superman, Cyborg having flashbacks of life before his transformation, Batman studying Kryptonian holograms, etc.

Two Green Lanterns appear during the ancient battle against Steppenwolf, one alien and one human-looking.

Darkseid is referenced throughout as Steppenwolf's master, but doesn't appear. Steppenwolf references Darkseid's cause as being "Unity" and claims that the Old Gods are dead and it's their time to be worshipped as New Gods.

Superman has no real character arc. He returns more hopeful and eager to help people, but the movie tries to retcon him into having always been like that.

Batman and Flash have an endearing mentor-student relationship, while Wonder Woman and Cyborg have an "older sister & younger brother". She's the one nurturing, protecting, and encouraging him to embrace his fate. Batman and Aquaman have a friendly rivalry, always making fun or each others powers and weapons, and they all admire Superman.

Batman and Wonder Woman flirt, but nothing beyond that. He wants her to lead the Justice League in Superman's absence, but she's reluctant because every death under her command would hurt as bad as Steve Trevor's. She's the one leading the battle against Steppenwolf in Russia.

Oh boy, fan fiction time already.

In all fairness to OP, these have been all reddit.

They hilariously butthurt over there.

>on par with "Man of Steel"
youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Movie begins with a cellphone recording of two kids asking Superman what's his favorite thing about Earth, to which he just smiles. After the title card, a news montage reveals about how the world is in turmoil over Superman's death and how Batman has disappeared (because he's in iceland searching for Aquaman).

Barry Allen and Victor Stone are former college classmates.

Flash is the main comic relief, notably through pop culture references. He whistles the 1960's "Batman" theme when he gets into the Batmobile, he repetedly points out that reviving Superman could lead to a "Pet Sematery" situation, etc.

There's a scene where Barry scribbles a silly mustache on an asshole guard at his Henry's prison check-in too fast for the guard to notice. He keeps the mustache on his face, none the wiser.

There's a scene where Superman and Flash have a playful little race to see who gets to a person in need first.

Flash doesn't get a second costume.

Mera has a minor role. She conjures water weapons to defend the Mother Box from Steppenwolf, but gets swatted aside. Aquaman appears and dodges Steppenwolf's war axe, but Steppenwolf escapes with the Mother Box while Aquaman tends to her.

There's a scene where Aquaman accidentally touches Wonder Woman's lasso of truth while suggesting battle tactics for the final battle and begins listing the ways the other heroes and himself will probably die during the fight.

Superman returns believing he's still fighting Doomsday and slams Batman against a car before calming down. When Flash later brings up their fight, Superman says Batman doesn't like him much, and Batman awkwardly states "I don't... Not like you."

Parademons are mindless monsters that prey on fearful creatures. At one point, Batman lures one in by dangling a crook on the side of a building. When Steppenwolf gets defeated by the heroes, loses his war axe and the Mother Boxes, he feels fear, and so loses control of the Parademons and they kill him.

>Batman decides to keep the heroes on earth in case they're needed again.

So like...he was kinda boot them to space after dealing with Darkseid's forces originally? What a dick.

>Steppenwolf is killed by his own Parademons because he feels fear
Well shit, they might as well have called the Sinestro Corp for this. Also why are Mother Boxes such a big goddamn deal now?

*going to

Flash sounds pretty useless.

McGuffins Gotta McGuffin

>Also why are Mother Boxes such a big goddamn deal now?
someone high up has a MILF fetish

>Superman says Batman doesn't like him much, and Batman awkwardly states "I don't... Not like you."
This needs to be real

>Superman enjoying helping people
>Genuine relationship starting to develop with Batman

It's....something. And I can live with Supes not having a character arc as long as someone does.

I haven't followed Justice League since Nu52, what are the chances of Cyborg being a compelling character in this movie?

Lol

They're, uh . . . they're not good.

>no lanterns

what did he mean by this?

Isn't it already confirmed WW kills him?

Deathstroke was never in you fag so good job already outing obvious fan fic as an even more obvious fan fic

The first piece of Deathstroke footage was revealed at the height of JL production. And Joe Manganiello was in the area.

>a good movie, on par with "Man of Steel"

does not compute

>Implying Man of Steel is vastly superior to BvS

You need to improve your verisimilitude skills.

microcosm of BvS fag autism

I really wish live action threads would just go away. At this point it feels like the live action threads are being posted from another universe.

>implying
He was gonna be in it probably to set up the Batman movie before it tanked

>but the movie tries to retcon him into having always been like that.
He was always like that. Zack was just bad at expressing it.

He wasn't even that bad at expressing it, Superman reacts like a normal human being throughout both movies.

>why are Mother Boxes such a big goddamn deal now?
>I never read New Gods

>Flash doesn't get a second costume.
So is this just something that was changed from before or have you exposed this as full of shit? Because set visits by journalists like last year confirmed he gets a second suit.

Superman isn't even a compelling character so forget about Cyborg.

>Superman reacts like a normal human being throughout both movies.

Mother Boxes are basically alien smartphones in the comics.

They do a shit load of things in the comics that just get glossed over. Honestly they should be crazy important.

I don't believe rumors

How is supposed to act when people question his intentions no matter what he does.

Green Lantern shouldn't be on justice league after all, he deal with galatic/universal threats all the time.

>as good as man of steal

so crap then.

The point is that Mother Boxes are treated as very rare and ancient, non-understandable artifacts, where as before it seemed as everyone had a Mother box or could get a new one.

>Superman has no real character arc. He returns more hopeful and eager to help people
God I hope this is true. I fucking hated Snyder's doom and gloom Supes.

>Superman then proposes to Lois and they move to Kent Farm
what ever happened to rickrolling

Joss Weadon does it again!

This is why this whole dark/jesus superman thing is stupid. They prop him up as this savior that is better than everyone else but he makes decisions like an absolute retard.

>None of the characters act like their comic book counter parts
>Doesn't feel like a comic book at all
Why does Sup Forums have so many threads about DC shit movies?

>MoS isn't as good as WW

>on par with Man of Steel
>not as good as WW

what? is that god awful, uninspired, visually inferior garbage that is WW the gold standard now? man, fuck capeshit. snyder tried to take the medium to new levels and now it's just a rehash of the same boring forms of storytelling.

No one even cares about WW. It's just that boring and thoroughly lacking in any directorial experimentation of any kind.

It isn't but WW isn't that good either.

>snyder tried to take the medium to new levels
please explain

If German high command didn't speak exclusively in English they would have been screwed.

Basically, what Snyder's trying to achieve to me is best symbolized in the difference between anime and your average American cartoon. Most cartoons, even movies have this very linear form of storytelling, boring angles, straightforward and rather simplistic dialogue, but most importantly and characteristically, they're just visually basic and non-experimental. The ways in which some anime direct fight scenes are awe inspiring for example. There's no equivalent to such a thing in American media. There's an organic feel to the flow of the action; that each movement and piece means to tell something about the characters in opposition. It's not just throwing punches as it is in your average movie. Snyder tried to give us that sense in Man of Steel and BvS; along with the scenes that didn't feature any conflict- even in those intending to build up to conflict. It's the difference between Civil War's airport scene and BvS's fight night scene. Anyone without a mere cursory glance of the either of these environments could tell there was more to the surroundings than what's immediately noticeable. The airport in Civil War was just a fucking airport, but that wasn't the case in BvS though the site seemed typical.
You can tell that Snyder is working off of a larger palette from which to conduct his directorial style just like the Watchowski siblings. They're all visionaries. Whedon? The slut that directed WW? Nah. I like Whedon, but he's no Snyder and WW should be listed at the bottom of the capeshit shit heap.

It's just ... depressing. Enjoy your shit taste I guess.

>It's not just throwing punches as it is in your average movie
Thats literally what MoS and BvS were. Mindless stupid movies with mindless, stupid action.
>There's an organic feel to the flow of the action; that each movement and piece means to tell something about the characters in opposition.
No it didn't. CW was organic because you knew where the characters were coming from. BvS was jut two hypocritical murderer vigilantes fighting

To be honest I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Everybody let the thread die the Snyder fags have invaded.

>When Steppenwolf gets defeated by the heroes, loses his war axe and the Mother Boxes, he feels fear, and so loses control of the Parademons and they kill him.

You mean that THE Justice League just sat there and let Steppenwolf get murdered by Parademons? The Murder League!

>Hero refuses to help out until they're personally affected by the baddie
I don't like this at all

I don't know why people keep saying that WW was good.

There were enjoyable parts of it, but those parts were like bacon bits sparsely sprinkled over a moldy week-old gold leafed baked potato.

>To be honest I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>mindless, stupid action

As I said before, that's the opinion of a cursory glance. It's the same kind of bullshit that leads to the visually boring shitfests that we see in WW and Civil War. To think people would defend WW's fight at the end of the movie with Ares tells me you guys don't see it. You can't. You have literally no basis from which to judge Snyder because your opinions are filtered through the same casual, myopic ideas about narration.

>CW was organic because you knew where the characters were coming from. BvS was jut two hypocritical murderer vigilantes fighting

Again, your palette is weak and simplistic. You can't teach people to see what they can't see. That's Snyder's issue; you can only create something in hopes that it will eventually be seen. It's how you separate talented artists from the lesser talented. Sight is so important and many of Snyder's criticisms flow from people that literally can't see worth a shit.

>they should literally learn to get along in the first 5 minutes of meeting with each other.
I'm fine with Aquaman being a isolationist dick.

The point is they don't even attempt it.

t. pretentious snyderfag

>>None of the characters act like their comic book counter parts

Apart from Captain America neither does anyone in the MCU

Iron man doesnt? Keep on mind ultimage counts too because of SLJ

Oh fuck off. All Mother Boxes ever do is Boom Tube people anyway. They're not goddamn Infinity Gems, and the fact that they're another scavenger hunt mcguffin is fucking stupid

>Keep on mind ultimage counts

Then all alternate universe count and these heroes can act however they want. Literally a none issue

>All Mother Boxes ever do is Boom Tube people anyway

Cyborg only exists thanks to a Mother Box

You say that like his New 52 origin was a good thing. It was a power boost to justify his inclusion, and regulates him to a plot device

>Steppenwolf was exiled by Darkseid for his failure.
>Upon learning of Superman's death, he has returned to reclaim the Mother Boxes and complete his mission
At least if this is true it'd be an excuse as to why Steppenwolf needs the specific Mother Boxes that were left behind instead of just making new ones. Since even though he as a New God can easily make normal Mother Boxes only Darkseid for reasons can make these special Mother Boxes and Steppenwolf wants to get back in his good books by finishing what he was meant to do years ago.

>Humilliated, Steppenwolf is once again exiled and executed by his own Parademons.
This on the other hand is stupid as fuck.
>the movie tries to retcon him into having always been like that
>they all admire Superman
Well at least Whedon and Johns are trying.
>to which he just smiles
I mean.....sure it's an improvement but why the fuck couldn't he have talked to them as well?
>There's a scene where Superman and Flash have a playful little race to see who gets to a person in need first.
This I like.
>Flash doesn't get a second costume.
b-but the Snyderfags said he was. Wonder how they'll justify/backpeddle on this one.
>Mera gets swatted aside.
Fuck you Snyder
>he feels fear, and so loses control of the Parademons and they kill him.
fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Sounds like Whedon and Johns tried their best but Snyder had already fucked up too much to fully salvage it.

>When Steppenwolf gets defeated by the heroes, loses his war axe and the Mother Boxes, he feels fear, and so loses control of the Parademons and they kill him.

This is going to be so disappointing if it's true.

Steppenwolf getting Omega Beamed to death in the middle of groveling for his life in front of a throne cast in shadow would be way better.

They heal Batman when he fought against Darkseid.

>visually inferior
lol

Stay mad Snyderfag. Nobody's impressed by Zack's fresh outta filmschool "visuals".

>It's not just throwing punches as it is in your average movie.
You must've fallen asleep for the last 30 mins of Man of Steel.

I think BvS is total garbage though.

>General consensus seems to be that it's a good movie, on par with "Man of Steel"

This is a contradictory statement.

I've seen Man of Steel Numerous times but could only get past Batman Vs. Superman once. I've even bought the directors edition and can't make it through the whole film.

Man of Steel isn't a great movie but it does it's job. B vs S is just a mess.

>Batman and Wonder Woman flirt,

BMWWfags rejoice!

Man of Steel was poorly received from the getgo. Terrible larp

>snyder tried to take the medium to new levels
I mean......I suppose down is technically a level.

>The slut that directed WW?
Don't hate her just becasue she's a thicc qt that managed to do what Snyder couldn't with 4 chances.

>not as good as "Wonder Woman"
But Wonder Woman had shitty rushed pacing to try and compress all of WWI into 2 days of plot.

>Don't hate her just becasue she's a thicc qt that managed to do what Snyder couldn't with 4 chances.
Make another generic Capeshit flick?

>test screening

Kek

Did they really try to alter a photo to look like an Alex Ross painting instead of just hiring fucking ALEX FUCKING ROSS!
The fuck are these niggas on right now?

Still more than Snyder could manage with 4 chances.

It's called a homage?

I'm mildly curious if WB would risk trying to fight bad reviews again or just accept their fate if it's not quite what they want.
I suppose if it's really bad they'll try to move up to Flashpoint as soon as possible.

With less conviction, I agree with you.

I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, it'd be a huge copout and shitty writing to just have Superman magically actually act like Superman. On the other, fuck Snyder's Superman. I'm ready for Superman to actually be Superman already.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks she's a fucking milf. God, I'd fuck her so hard.

>mixed

RUH ROH

The classic monkey's paw. We get the real superman. But the road to that is filled with shitty writing.

I wonder if we're actually going to get that Flashpoint movie, and if it does, they actually use it to soft reboot Superman and Batman.

I honestly find her way more attractive than Gal Gadot. God I'd love to see HER in the Wonder Woman costume.

By this point I think they have to do a Flashpoint movie. The DCEU is fucked beyond repair. It needs a reboot.

>everything about this post
Pic related. I wonder if she dresses up as Wonder Woman in the bedroom with her husband.

In my mind, she has a secret life of kinkdom and bondage. She seems like the type who knows how to appear vanilla and professional in real life, but is actually very open-minding and has probably tried doing a bunch of shit.

Wonder Woman gave me hope, at least. They do sorely need to do something about Superman and Batman though. Those are the properties fucked beyond repair, especially Superman.

Just keep Snyder and Goyer away. Why people on this board praise Snyder is beyond me. He has had one decent movie.

>Just keep Snyder and Goyer away.
Abso-fucking-lutely. They are the poisons ruining DC movies right now.

>Why people on this board praise Snyder is beyond me.
Most of them are Sup Forums crossposters. Sup Forums itself has never liked Zack Snyder.