Why was Key and Peele only liked by white people?

Why was Key and Peele only liked by white people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrqVppNsD5c
youtube.com/watch?v=4k-Dd71CqnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's good

garbage for amerimutt redditors

Now that you mention that, I don't know one non-white that has ever said they liked it...

undeserved kek

I have never liked their race bait. Anyone who does are the same sort of people that still watch capeshit.

It was black comedy catered to whites.

Caricature style portrayals of black people/culture isn't as funny to black people who have seen this many times before.

it wasnt

i know a lot

Nah, it was really was. None of my black mates ever watched it.

It was Rick and Morty tier at its peak.

Mostly but it had its moments
I largely ignored it, it seemed like trash and yet another attempted Chappelle's show.
Key's appearance at the White House Correspondent's Dinner did little to change my perception, the "angry black man" shtick funny though no ingenious.
Thus I was presently surprised to see how well executed Get Out was, it's clear Peele was probably the one that kept the show grounded, he's probably why it was able to run for five seasons.

Peele is way funnier than Key.

My typos are horrible lately.
*not ingenious
*pleasantly surprised

>Why was Key and Peele only liked by white people?
it's purposeful design via the jew agenda

different groups are targeted in different ways

for whites, it's "see, they're just like us!"

for blacks, it's promoting black male/white female couples etc.

Because they prance around doing "omg, look at my middle-aged life" stand-up and are the soyest black dudes getting round.

Because they are made for white people. They are basically white guys who pretend to be black.

Because it was made by two half black guys raised in white culture but considered black by their predominantly white friends. They were also accepted as minorities by other minorities but Key and Peele's upbringing made them mock nonwhites in ways white people would. They just got a pass on pushing boundaries a little bit more because of their own racial backgrounds.

This is really it. It's white humor disguised as black comedy. Makes whites feel hip with black culture without forcing them to actually like black culture. It can be a funny show sometimes, but really it was just popular because white people wanted a new Chappelle's Show.

I don't know I've seen many sketches from the show and its objectively good stuff I think Chappelle was just jealous when he talked shit about them. That he wasn't the only black sketch show on Comedy Central that made it and was good.

Don't get me wrong, I like Key & Peele. But I'm also not gonna pretend that a lot of the show's popularity didn't come from filling the void Dave Chappelle left behind. Doesn't take away from the quality, but it does explain some of the popularity.

My mulatto cousins love it.

Nah, it really wasn't. And black bongs ain't american black. They can emulate the culture with their shit music, but they're not part of the culture, so the comedy doesn't mean shit.

t. has anecdotal evidence contrary to yours

youtube.com/watch?v=JrqVppNsD5c

Does a good job of explaining it. And it's just so fucking true. Note, Simmons was talking about Keanu.

Peele made Get Out because he was desperate as fuck for that Black connection he pretty much has never had his entire life.

They even had a skit where an obnoxious gay guy is forced to realize he's not marginalized he's just an asshole. Pretty amazing cutting edge alt-right comedy from two mulattoes I must say.

because non of us talk to non-whites so we have no idea

Still this is one of the funniest shit I've ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=4k-Dd71CqnM

>we're black!
barely