What happened to film posters?

What happened to film posters?

Idk, they made some that didn't have Godzilla in them?

Why pay for an artist's commission when you can get some guy to Photoshop a bunch of heads onto a blue an orange background?

They got better

Photoshop was invented and studios realized that most people don't care

i wish i could paint so i could make kino posters. would be a comfy as fuck career and a good legacy

what is this meme

It's a stupid poster that thinks it's great.

JUST

The artist who made those died, for one thing.

Pretty much this but every once in a great while you'll still get a pretty cool one (pic related)

that movie is fucking trash though

Is this thread about movies or movie posters?

no need to get upset just because someone doesn't like capeshit

Is this thread about movies or movie posters?

In case you weren’t aware, Noriyoshi Ohrai, creator of all the posters in OP’s pic as well as pic related and much, much more just passed away late last year. His work is some of the most sensational traditional artwork affiliated with some of the greatest generations of film.

RIP

calm down, kiddo

He ayylmao'd Tarkin up there but otherwise that's a sweet poster. RIP

>Names do not appear in same sequence as faces

Fuck THE FUCK OFFF

Goldberg my son I give you two choices whilst making your 30 million dollar movie:
>pay an artist $400 for a nice poster
or
>pocket it and have the inhouse graphic designer die inside as he makes a shitty photoshop poster

those are only from the early 90s

calm down, kiddo

>>
>Anonymous 03/06/18(Tue)10:24:57 No.95530868▶
> (You)
> calm down, kiddo

Posting the last one for completion’s sake

Artistry so good it kills all motivation to become an artist.

never going to make it.
Don't compare yourself to others user, it's a bad habit, unless you have all the time in the world to learn about an individual.

Contractual obligations for the actors face to take up a certain percentage of the poster

if i talk about a film i'm technically a movie poster aren't I

vader/anakin face mashup?

>DUDE JUST SHOVE AN OVERABUNDANCE OF SHIT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POSTER LMAO
Fucking garbage only a cretin from Sup Forums would be easily impressed by that crap.

Now this is more like it.

For me it’s what kept me invested in being an artist my whole life. Although it’s not too late for anyone to start. Your admiration for the craft should be what compels you. The quality of the output is commensorate with the amount of work put in.

If you’re talking about the green hooded guy, that was the Emperor’s original appearance until Ian Mcdirmid portrayed him in ROTJ

Honestly one of the few actually good changes made to the 2004 special edition because that shit's a mess. The audio was good, though.

It's actually good though. There's a difference between OP's pictures and this horseshit.

>Godzilla and ghidorah fighting in th arctic while a sub fires at them
>Godzilla vs 2 mothra larve
>an actual cool looking 90s mechagodzilla

Based Ohari gave no fucks about accuracy

I also couldn't help but notice Mothra is in the space Godzilla poster and I'm pretty sure she wasn't in that movie at all.

how did mccarthy get so justed so fast
also i didn't know niecy nash was an actress. i literally only know her from clean house

That’s actually fairy mothra, Albert much larger than in the movie. Then again, so is SpaceGodzilla in that poster

Maximinism vs Minimalism

I don't recall. I haven't watched that movie in a long time.

I wish Mousehunt had better posters. Marketing for it was BAD

before CG and photoshop, there was talent and imagination

this is why all film, games, anime, music are going downhill along with mediocrity being acceptable

My brother has a full size poster of this on his wall.

I have this one on mine

The red one is litty though, but harder to find

why doesn't someone update OP's picture with this in it, it always bugs me they leave the best heisei poster out

Technically Godzilla 1984 is made in the Showa timeline because of the whole emperor being still alive thing, but they might as well since everyone expects it

Reminds me of those artwork posters for the Metal Gear Solid games

Isn't everyone on Sup Forums a film poster?

Unironically no because there are people here that don't post about films

still my favorite goji design, but they never actually put it in any films, such a shame, it has the best proportions and features

the suitmaker didn't bring the maquette with him and made g2000's suit from memory, thats why the final design looks different from the maquette

Ahahahahahaha no. Just no. You're another one of those morons who think talent=quality art. If looking pretty was all that matter then *shutters* I'd fear what would become of artistic standards.

Photoshop

I will suck off an user who is able to link to a page selling 3D full sized posters of these. Handjobs for holo or sparkling or glow in the dark.

I prefer this Above The Law poster.

What a garbage poster

well then

Some user made this in one of those mirrory threads but it's honestly a thousand times better than the real post

Dude.. whao
He is epic RUNNING on le Blade!

So good.

T-thanks. Now Bradshaw will haunt my waking hours until I die.

Is Ford the secret Bog brother?

This.

The worst offender is the Nu Wars posters that try and emulate the originals but they're obviously movies stills cobbled together and run through some shitty filter.