I can't lie to you about your chances... but you have my sympathies

>I can't lie to you about your chances... but you have my sympathies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYW1fADeDf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How did Weyland Yutani know about the alien?

Reminder that Ash did nothing wrong, we aliens are a peaceful species.

I wonder who could be behind this post

Checked, fellow human.

They did not about the SPECIFIC alien. They were just fishing for something... uhm.. "cool".

I always got the impression that Ash seemed to have plenty of knowledge about the Alien. He seemed to know what will happen to Kane during the dinner scene.

>we aliens
i have several questions

How does it feel to know that you were created by a gay robot?

Goddamn I love the Alien franchise. Recently watched Pandorum and Event Horizon again, got any recommendations that are similar?

What a smug cunt.

Wrong.

They knew nothing other than the fact that something different and new had been discovered.

Life (2017), didn't watch it but I heard it's basically Alien

They knew about aliens, in the new trilogy it expands on this quite a bit.
However the original idea was based off science of the times.
Life is incredibly rare in a huge fucking galaxy, due to the variables needed to sustain life.
This is still true in todays understanding of the galaxy.
Anyways, they knew already. They just didn't know what it actually was.
Which is why the priority sensors kicked in on Ash and his job was to risk everyone to keep the alien alive.
Did they actually know that the alien's were there? Probably not, Ash had probably calculated that it was some sort of ruins or similar of an ancient species long since dead. He probably had not expected actual life.

>in the new trilogy
stopped reading there shill

>yfw the Deacon is retconned

Is Event Horizon good?
It sounds interesting but he's directed by the Paul Anderson (hack one) and I'm a bit sceptical since he's made some terrible movies like AvP and Resident Evil

It just looks like a shitty rip off of xeno with a spiked head instead of the dick shaped one.

Well continue reading the rest of it Newfag.
THE ORIGINAL IDEA.
Ridley Scott has done hundreds of interviews on the movie franchise.
He has stated this himself since the 80s.
The original idea was based off what they knew about the galaxy at the time.
What if an alien species existed?

It has good effects, some creep vibes, it's not a good movie.
It's fun though.

Honestly one of my all time favourite movies. I don't know how he went into such a downward spiral as I hate those movies too.

One of the best quotes ever too. "We don't need eyes where we're going"

Life is pretty good though it got panned - it's violent and worth a watch imo.
Outland w/ Sean Connery isn't a horror, but it has a similar aesthetic.
If you're into bizarre creepy alien stuff, there is a pretty awesome documentary about sleep paralysis called The Nightmare.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYW1fADeDf4

I know this is going off on a tangent, but I'm sure you've heard of The Thing etc. so I thought I'd recommend something a bit different.

Amazing first half, terrible second half

It's worth a watch if you just love sci fi

Even without the Prometheus Ash can learn about the egg without telling others, first by tweaking their body scanners, then by studying the drop dead face hugger

Downloading Life now, thanks guys. Yeah, big fan of The Thing too, so much so that I even liked the 2011 remake.

Oh OK, have more bonus for the programs then

2011 would be a decent slasher flick if the CGI effects weren't so bad and off-putting. It literally pulls you out of the movie because the effects from a movie that came out almost 30 years ago look miles better

Outland (1981)
It's about a police officer (Sean Connery) investigating a deadly accident on a moon mining base.

They borrow heavily from the set design of Alien and could easily been part of the Alien lore as one of Weyland Wutanis off world projects.

A severly overlooked sci fi thriller that's pretty good.

That's all great but we need to talk about the bonus situation

Alright I'm sold. Sounds solid. I hadnt even heard of it before.

You'll get what's coming to you.

Oh I bet

Right

Alright KNOCK IT OFF

Same like everyone else.

Does Ash deliberately protect the lil baby ayy from Parker, or was it just a reaction?