Batman #33 First Look

Art by Joelle Jones and Jordie Bellaire

>Joelle Jones
>not drawing hot girls fighting

>Duke
When are they gonna write him out? Batfamily is so bloated now and Tim is coming back in Dec. Atleast they had the decency to have Harper hang up the cowl.

We don't need tim.

Finally some good stuff.

I never want to see that poser shit ever again

he's probably going to leave the main series when Snyder does his spinoff

>actually drawing Damian visibly Asian
this feels weird

I take it the reason they won't show stuff for #32 is due to whatever Catwoman's answer to Batman's proposal is right?

And Dick looks like italian, somehow, which I guess it's not a bad thing.

I want to look at Jason face not, in an actual close up panel. I dunno, but I think the artist will give him the most western face.

>not
now.

I hate my keyboard, deeply and strongly.

Probably. And i think reason BatFam is all in the same room in this issue for the big announcement.

I'm genuienly curious on what a Bat wedding would look like.
Also correct me if I'm wrong but do people know Selina is Catwoman in Rebirth?

Either that or Bruce discovering that Tim is alive.

I'm expecting it to be totally private, actually. I mean, how do you explain so much dead characters being alive to the public? Especially Jason.

Jason does the classic be off a distance away, probably through some form of scope.

So long as they don't look like a matryoshka doll I'm fine with it.

I hate to be that guy but there is a certain dark element I am not familiar with. Is he Alfred's servant?

Would Dick or Clark be the best man?

Looking at her art, it's highly possible that she can give each of them distinguishable faces and even builds.

Clark. Who makes their son the best man?

Again, how do you explain Clark being in so good terms with a billionaire like Bruce?

This has to be a totally private ceremony, definitively.

I'm currently in a reception where exactly that is happening

I mean, he's marrying an ex-con (was she even officially cleared of all the murders?) who used to be a crime lord and prostitute before that. Clark Kent being there is the last thing that would raise eyebrows.

I can see Gotham actually don't really caring or wondering about Wayne marrying an ex-criminal, with him playing fool and the city being corrupted and all that.

The city maybe, but the press will run that shit into the ground. Bear in mind he's supposed to be one of the richest men on the planet.

Right.
Well, we will see. If they marry, I mean.

>Batfamily is so bloated now

It's no more bloated now that it was twenty years ago.

Nobody ever cared for Bill Gates' marriage.

>but the press will run that shit into the ground

And? It just enforces the foolish playboy billionaire facade.

We didn't have five Robins and three Batgirls twenty years back. Outside of crossovers, Robin and Nightwing stuck to their own books.

He isn't Bruce's son though. It is a mix between father/brother/mentor. And Clark and Jimmy be his best man when he got married I think.

Hey, counting Steph two times isn't fair!

If it was Tim coming back Bruce would do it personally instead of getting Alfred to do it. Its probably the marriage.

Eh, I think they 0re actually waiting for Bruce to come.

He didn't marry a mafioso killer whore.

That's Duke, he was supposed to be future Robin, then he was totally-not-Robin-but-has-a-bird-name Lark, now he's The Signal and still no one cares.

They all look weird except Jason. He actually look good.

Anyone else not feeling Bellaire's coloring? I like her but I really don't like the coloring here. They should've gone with the colorist that worked on American Alien.

Yeah.- I like her, I'm a big fan of her work, but here I would've go for a more flat way of coloring. Not that it looks bad, but it could look better.

Bellaire in general is massively overrated because she's a woman. She's done good stuff, sure but she's done meh or even bad stuff too.

True. Still her best stuff is really appealing and we'll done.

She does a fucking ton of work, of course you will find not so good stuff: no one works is always on point. But she's pretty damn good.

You don't need to be a whiny cunt either but guess what? We're getting both any way.

>TINY ME'S! ASSEMBLE!
>Swear to God, Grayson...

Somehow, now I feel filthy.

>She does a fucking ton of work
She's not obligated to. She just chose to be emphasize quantity over quality.

I am not talking about her being not so good because she chooses quantity over quality. What I was pointing out is that, given how much output she gets, it's just reasonable and natural to find average or bad works. It's a matter of statistics. And besides, even when you put your best in a work, you can still fail.

Thanks god we are done with the previous art.

>all that character fumbling before settling on a lame codename
Way to fuck up your minority character, DC

>Damian visibly Asian
>Father is white
>Mother is ambiguously Middle-Eastern
Why?

Ra's is Chinese. Talia is only half ambiguously middle eastern.

It's not unbelievable. Recessive and dominant genetics, and the ambiguity of each features that can look like different ethnic types when mixed within certain combinations.

I mean: you can find almond shaped eyes between westerners, too, and they don't need to have direct asiatic ascendant.

Ra's is Chinese casual.

>Ra's is Chinese.
The fuck he is, nolanfag.

where is babs

ra's wouldn't let her walk arounbd like this

This.
Racer Cool is Persian.

That does make sense. I have Italian/Irish/English/other-stuff in my lineage and someone once mistook me for being South American. Then you have actors like Ben Kingsley, or Anthony Quinn, whose vague ethnicity allow them to get away with playing practically anything.

Clark is press though. It's not that odd.

>"le lonely detective"

Yeah, sure, he can attend the wedding, but being Bruce's man, that's different and certainly noticeable.

Instead of more Robins we had OCs like Onyx, Orpheus and Lynx. Batman families has been "bloated" for ages and 90% of the time they don't show up in other books unless it's a crossover. Boo-fucking-hoo

Middle-Easterns are Asians...

I have this classmate that looked like a full native american, all the way, and he was as much european as myself, from at least 3 generations.

Why are they all waiting like that? They just learned that Batman raped the joker?

Joker and Riddler

The question is who will they invite to go to the wedding with them

Batman fucks off with a horse in the desert. I really doubt that implies that she will say yes.

God forbid someone actually does enough work to make a living. This is the most asinine complaint I've read all week.

He goes into the desert to see Talia, the mother of his son, and break it to her that he's getting married to another woman. The next couple months' worth of stories are about Batman making wedding preparations, but in a Batman way.

And Nightwing sticks to his own book, and Cass/Steph stick to Detective, and Damian sticks to TT. What's your point? Duke is the only one who's an active supporting character in the main Batman book and he doesn't show up in any other title.

Is this Tim or Damian?

They look like distinct people instead of clones

Damian. Tim is still "dead".

Well looks too tall and not bratty enough to be Damian

They all look weird, but that doesn't change the fact that he is Damian for sure.

Dick doesn't look well.

We also don't need Jason, didn't stop DC from bringing him back to life now did it?

>We also don't need Jason
>we
Speak for yourself because Jason was the reason that got me interested in DC.

>we

literally just you and your repeat phone calls.

Can i have a rundown why Tim is "dead"?

Because you touch yourself, faggot.

I bet you are one of those oldfags who called at the die number at the time.

Stay mad, your pain and rage is my amusement.

It was in Tec, like a year ago or so. He died there after I think some kind of explosion, or fire, or something. But actually didn't, and was just kidnaped and imprisoned by Mr. Oz, who apparently is Jor-El from another universe, or something. But no one knows Tim's alive, except maybe Bruce, who I think may have some hints by now.

It's a bit complicated.