Is anyone watching counterpart?

That last episode was fucking [/spoiler]kino[/spoiler]

Worth some time my main lad?

You're shit at making threads, but yes.

It's rather odd that so few are discussing it.

Not OP, but it's easily the best spy drama since The Night Manager.

It's really good. I'm interested in finding out if she actually feels that way or is just acting the part.
The episode did really well in making me want to sympathize with her even though I don't.

Yes, me.

Really good show, the guy was dumb to tell his feeling to his "wife" at the end, he's clearly not trained. I think the "wife" will work with them now, like a double agent.

Not seen The Night Manager either. Just looking for something good to watch with my Dad who isn't too keen on scifi elements.

Her feelings towards her child may well be real, but don't have to change anything about her feelings towards 'our world'.

There's zero sci-fi in the show. A couple sex scenes though if you are uncomfortable watching that with a parent.

The sci-fi elements are pretty minor.

That's what I was leaning towards as well.
But with those feelings come with complications towards her surroundings and mission.

We're both adults (I just moved back in). Watching Spartacus got a bit awkward at times.
Thanks to both, I'll give it a try.

>my Dad who isn't too keen on scifi elements.
Scifi is mostly just the setting though it provides some unique plotpoints/possibilities that the writers seem very keen on exploring. The feel is very much cold war spy thriller, not in any way similar to let's say stargate or fringe, let alone star trek.

>Watching Spartacus got a bit awkward at times.
You seriously watched Spartacus with your dad? More than one episode?

The writers made the same effort to humanize Baldwin.

I'm beginning to think the plague really was a bioweapon

Of course the flu was not natural

>Watching Spartacus got a bit awkward at times.
101 on how to break the awkwardness for good

"damn i wouldn't mind dicking a chick like that"

rip that bandaid off

is clare bullshing peter? i can't really tell.
she seems like she's still helping the other operatives.

fucking show is a legit 9/10

I don't think so, the pill was really outdated and she has a baby. It explained in flashbacks she lost all her family and really wanted to have one.
I think she will die by the hand of the redhead girl, the redhead one seems to worship her. When she will discover the truth, I think it's pretty obious what will happen.

>the pill was really outdated
Was it really though? Or was this just her unconfirmed claim?

Just caught up. This show is fantastic.

So. *Did* we make the flu?

No but the staging implies this at 90% otherwise why to show the scene where Lambert told to her "change the pill every year" etc.

The 10% is just for the smell when Silk recognizes this poison.

if it's expired why would she have it in the first place. it's a con

>otherwise why to show the scene where Lambert told to her "change the pill every year" etc.
To make this story seem plausible obviously.

More interesting: was she to find and acquire cyanide pills on her own in this world or was she provided with them? In the later case, wouldn't not getting a new one raise suspicion?

this guy woulda been kino as walter white

I saw the first episode, liked it. Waiting for the series to end so I can marathon it.

Trips of truth. Frankly, I'm convinced that it's just not possible for this man to turn out a less than stellar performance. You can tell which Howard you're looking at before he even says a word.

i think they're going to start fucking with us soon and we won't know which one is which.

That much is obvious. He wasn't turning into his other until he asked for a gun at the raid.
It's an absolutely spectacular performance by Simmons. Even though it's early in the year as it stands he's probably going to win an emmy.

>tfw your beta-ass twin works in Interface

I want to believe that she's turned over a new leaf or whatever and just wants to live with her child, but it could be a ploy to play on Quayle and keep him from turning her in, as he's a retard that thinks with his dick.

it's definitely a ploy. she's still working with the other side, if she wasn't they would have just killed her.

best show i've seen in years

quickly topping breaking bad in my list

I believe it. I'm sure there were assholes on both sides saying "well, shit there's an entire Earth over there already completely developed, we can just wipe everyone out and move in."

"Howard Silk has been working for a bureaucratic UN agency based in Berlin for thirty years; however, his station is too low for him to be told what his work really involves. In fact, the agency oversees a crossing point to a parallel Earth, a copy of Howard's world which was created by East German scientists in 1987, and which has been diverging ever since. Silk's "other" self, his counterpart from the other side, is, among other things, a field agent who regularly makes crossings to retrieve "others" who have gone rogue. Factional in-fighting in the agency on the other side spills over to this side, putting Silk and his comatose wife in danger."

Sounds kinda cool, I'll give it a try (don't fuck me AGAIN, Sup Forums...)

no ones fucking with you. the show is genuine kino

It's got J.K. Simmons, what the fuck else do you need to know?

Considering how closely-guarded the secret is, just imagine the power and autonomy that wealth of resources would afford the nation with the access.

ehh, they'd have a tough time bringing stuff through that gateway

she better not be forgiven by Quayle. She murdered his real wife and he cannot let that go. He is pretty stupid though for doing the exact opposite of what Howard said to do (acting normal for the night)

Yeah, he is wonderful in this

Some minor thoughts I have:
It is said that the rift opened in the late 80's. I was initially thinking something related to the Berlin wall, but it is then clarified that it was around 1987, so it must've been from Chernobyl I think.

I also was convinced around episode 4 that the mole in the organization was Quayle's twinner. I thought he somehow would fool everyone and grab documents from the office that way. I was close though!

There has only been 2 gay couples (minor roles) I think so far, which is somewhat bearable compared to other shows nowadays. Lesbians don't count since they are pretty hot in this.

That lie detector gave me blade runner vibes.

As the years go by, I think there will be less and less twinners, since more choices will lead to people not being born on one side. So I don't know how long this plan is viable for.

What is their endgame? Simple revenge for the flu pandemic? I would think there would be a cultist group that believes the main side (red light world) is an abomination, and theyt are seeking to destroy it that way. Another thought I have is that one side would want to gain control of both ends of the portal, by eliminating the entire crew of the opposing side in one fell swoop. It is a clandestine operation anyways so not like there would be any retaliation.

Hope no one has burrowed into the portal and using it off the books. This is doubtful though

Yeah, but who's to say they don't know how to expand it, but just aren't?

Also, anyone else think that the Go motif is hinting something beyond just the butterfly effect?

That lie detector scene was interesting.
I wonder what they're going to do with the knowledge of it.
He wasn't lying for the entire besides the very last question when it got interrupted.
They did a lingering shot on the machine so I'm thinking it's going to be brought back.

I play Go and I can't think of any motif besides the basic color scheme.

I think that's the reason for the uneasy detente. Both sides realize the bounty the twin worlds represent. The cabal of conspirators could actually be a catspaw for *either* side - alpha world could be behind them and just maintaining deniability in case their plot fails, or beta could be setting them up expressly *to* fail so they have a justification to expose alpha to the wider world and break detente.

go is a complicated game that requires a lot of skill and thinking ahead, so i imagine it parallels trying to outfox spies in that way

Go has an insane number of win/lose scenarios, doesn't it? I think they're hinting at the existence of even more worlds, each new divergence creating more.

Another thing about Go, unless I'm very much mistaken, it's a zero sum game, where every time, someone is going to win. And someone is going to lose.