Guillermo del Toro

So will he FINALLY get to turn H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness into a feature film? Will his two academy awards give him clout in Hollywood?

Hollywood doesn't give a fuck if you have oscars when your movies make fuck all for profit

I hope not. I don't want that fat hack Disney-fying a classic Lovecraft story.

>Disney-fying
You know Del Toro used to make dark horror films, right? Hellboy wasn't his debut film.

Every one of his films has a hokey soft feel to it. None of his movies do I consider dark. He will ruin Lovecraft just like James the faggot Franco ruined McCarthy.

>He will ruin Lovecraft just like James the faggot Franco ruined McCarthy.
Del Toro would have to consciously sabotage At the Mountains of Madness to make something as terrible as James Franco's adaptation of Child of God. Say what you will about Del Toro, he isn't anywhere near as bad as Franco.

Is calling every director a 'hack' going to be the idiotic new meme for the next year or so?

>being this new
user, "hack" has been one of Sup Forums's favorite insults for several years.

>tfw when we were the hacks all along

>del Toro's AtMoM
>Elder Things are whitey
>Shoggoths are oppressed PoC's
>PoC female along on the expedition, guess what happens

So glad Sir Ridders beat him to the punch and made Prometheus and Covenant, even if plebs cannot into either...

The fat Mexican lacks the subtlety to do lovecraft
He couldn't even do hellboy right . I like the films well enough but he missed the point of the comics

Shape of Water cost like 20 Million and made close to like three times that.

Nope. Keep this hack far, far, far away from Lovecraft.

HP Lovecraft is a horrible racist so his movies will never be made into kino again

I wish he could take Dark Universe over and get it back on rails.

Just like the Hobbit....

This is the reason I'm pretty happy Del Toro won director. He always has ambitious projects and seems to have trouble getting money together, hopefully the award will help.

The only better scenario would be PTA winning so that people might go see his shit. Then maybe they wouldn't flop all the time.

Villeneuve keeps making movies without either

more like Crimson Peak or Blade 2

>leaves the project after a year

Marketing is like 60M at least.

Too bad it needed to make 830 million in the first week to break even

>the fuckers want to destroy us because we killed Jesus

Jesus was blue skinned, one mystery solved at least.

He has someone in Hollywood by the balls

Wrong.

They wanted to destroy us because we switched to worshiping Jesus instead of them.

yeah, and now he makes lighthearted kike propaganda about fish fucking and bestiality enabling and blaming everything bad in the world on whitey

Apparently he wants to make an animated movie of the boom Wrinkles - a Spanish novel about dementia and a retirement home

holy fuck the soy mouth syndrome has spread amongst the kikewoods

Based Villy. Can't spell Villeneuve without "villain"

>Its Always Sunny Presents Oscar winning director Pappy McPoyle

Just look at that joy.
He knew he got no chance. He knew they gonna push for niggers and women, coz thats whats current political trend, and then they read his name as director. then some time later his movie title too.
BASED, really glad he won. Expected that nigger from Get Out. VIVA LA MEXICO!

Crimson Peak sucked shit

he also wants to make Pinocchio and Frankenstein

No, but he's right that Del Toro's "scary" movies aren't actually that scary by their end. It's always very campy and kid-friendly. I've waited and waited for Del Toro to deliver on the horror and he's only ever delivered mildly dark Fantasy and drama films.

The Silent Hill fiasco is a pretty good microcosm of the man's career. Nothing but blue balls.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Maybe Pinocchio. I doubt he'll get to do Madness unless he lowers his budget demands or stops insisting on an R-rating.