It (2017)

Thoughts?

shIT

Creative. Pennywise was decent. Liked the gore it made it different. 6/10

Kid kino. Kids loved it. After watching it, im on board for number 2

Reddit Horror

I liked it

Horrorkino

Kids were the best part. Clown was creepy but there was too much of him. Flute Lady haunts my sleep. CG was bit dodgy. Good music.

Way better than it had any right to be.

Way too much CGI, ruined the movie for me

LITty

Loved the chemistry between the kids.
It was trash. Costume design, makeup. Hated the use of CGI. Cheap shitty scares throughout.
Fukunaga should've made this

Finnkino

Cute girl

IT was good.
solid 7.5/10

>Fukunaga should've made this
You wouldn't have got the kids then since a lot of their parents objected to his script.

Wasn't scary in the slightest, found myself laughing at the Clown cause of how ridiculous he was. I liked the kids, or at least most of them. I enjoyed how they teased a lot of Pennywise's origins and Spider form. I'm definitely looking forward to Part 2, I hope it'll be scarier.

Trash. The movie barely has a story. Most of the movie is composed of random "scary" vignettes that would serve a better purpose if they were just randomly uploaded on Youtube rather than being pieced together in a movie with the paper thin illusion that there's some sense of coherence between the scenes. The movie is basically: 30 minutes of random "scary" scenes with no connection or purpose other than to establish the kids have had scary things happen to them, the kids bonding, more 30 minutes of random "scary" scenes with no connection or purpose other than to stop the teenagers this film is marketed towards from falling asleep. The kids then realize the house is connected to the sewers and go to fight Pennywise.

Here was the first part of the movie where I actually gave a fuck about what was happening. Because it's the first time (aside from Georgie's death) where Pennywise was actually in a scene for anything other than a fucking jump scare. He actually started to speak, I actually leaned forward in my seat, holy fuck, this "scary" scene actually has a purpose? No way. I was engaged when Pennywise spoke.

The scares in the movie are trash. All of them are the most predictable shit you can imagine and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Literally every single "scary" scene is just a jump scare except for the final showdown, when Henry kills his dad and the fight at the house. The CGI used in some of the scares was Doctor Who-tier. Fucking laughable. I didn't buy the bond between the kids either, no chemistry. I actually believed these kids were friends in the TV series. Too much time wasted on pointless, ridiculous scares, not enough time on the characters.

Loved the kids chemistry. Loved that it wasn't actually scary - i got more of an adventurey vibe - which is good and fun. Liked the clown - favourite movie of the year.

Pretty good.

one of the best movies of the year

9/10

its all about the kids. the movie was fucking hilarious, intense, scary(..ish), adventurous and fun

all i could want in a movie

Cringe. Go back to where the it is red.

reddit

no fun allowed

can you explain to me what you mean when you call the comment 'reddit'?

a real explanation.

Samefag.

was good and felt like a more classic horror movie where its more of an adventure with scary elements rather than just pure horror

needed less cgi and more of just letting skarsgard play pennywise, his best scenes were the ones they just let him be the clown.

People say we are a bunch of perverts for liking her but the reason is she reminds us of our childhood crushes and when women weren't a bunch of roasties or feminist bitches.

We want to go back to simpler times.

Honestly my favorite movie of last year.

Really. I had my expectations so low. Horror movies in general plus clowns. I was ready for a snoozer. But boy was I wrong

well said user

remember how in the original mini series Pennywise just says "you'll float too" that one time to Georgie in the very first scene? well, apparently that's the only scene people ever watched on YouTube, because in the movie he says it probably 20+ times. When they're in his den he's literally shouting YOU'LL FLOAT TOO YOU'LL FLOAT TOO but that doesn't have any significance to the characters, only to the audience who go "oooh dat's what da spooky clown said at da start!"
great visually, excellent acting for the most part, but held back by a terrible script and reddit-tier scares

When she signed Bens yearbook i choked up a bit. Brought back so many memories.

Same here. Idk why it appealed to me so much. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Also Finn.

They say it in the book quite a bit

It had everything i wanted in a movie

One day some director will be brave enough to do another remake with that one scene from the book.

It's based on a book. Not a shit tv drama. You'll float too! Is ominous. And then you see what he's receding to. The floating lost souls he's collected.

q
T

The truth has been spoken. I feel that this is the reason behind the popularity of a huge amount of tv waifus.

It's pretty faithful to the spirit of the book. It keeps the kid-end of the story more like a fantasy/adventure with some horror and more mature themes sprinkled in. I hope they reserve the adult-end of the tale for its more pants-shitting terror side.

I was looking forward to it when i was reading the book, but it made no fuckin sense and came outta nowhere

Fucking based.

FPBP