Am I a brainlet or is this shit confusing for everyone?

Am I a brainlet or is this shit confusing for everyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

fmovies.yt/search-movies/enemy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's confusing? Spider-like aliens invaded and everyone was sort of just dealing with it.

shit flick

read the book

it only gets more confusing

BIPOLAR LMAO

I didn't get shit until I googled it. Still unsure of what it's about

You straight up dumb brother. Sorry.

From what I remember, he killed his mistress in a car crash and that incident left him in a psychotic state in which he confuses his past life as a womanizer with his current life as a shy, beta teacher.

DID YOU FUCK MY WIFE?!

Read some Umberto Eco.

He was instantly lured back into the same womanizing lifestyle when he got the key and that's his wife was a spider after he said he had to leave real quick

Prisoners was better

Delicious, delicious confusion.

Why was his wife a spider

What did they mean by this movie

what did the spiders and the sex orgy voyeur have to do with the things

i think spiders represented the control the women in his life had over him.. his wife was backing away from him scared(?) when he fell back to the old pattern and his mom was represented by the huge spider over the city.
I haven't seen the movie in a long time and mostly talking out of my ass btw

The sex club was flashbacks. It was in there to show his guilt and past sin for his past sexual exploits.

One of Villenueve's finer kinos

Smushing is a patrician fetish. Graduate from feet, Sup Forums.

him watching spiders getting stepped on and killed = him gaining freedom from his mother/wife

so if spiders are women, it was just a whorehouse? or did they kill an actual woman, or torture her?

Villies best film by a mile. They describe the movie as a spiral, try watching it twice in a row in relatively quick succession to see if it all clicks better for you. Basically,

It's one man with a split personality. The enemy is himself, or women, or both, depending on how you look at it. Commitment and a boring normal life feel like an eternal hell for him, so he breaks away, gets another place to live, tries to become an actor, is more of a womanizer and gets a girlfriend besides his wife. Women are spiders and he is caught in their web as they slowly kill him, basically. He can't handle it to the point where it's a full on split personality- the wife realizes this when she visits him and he doesn't recognize her, etc. It's implied that this kind of thing has happened before and will continue to happen again. It's a never ending cycle or spiral that's only getting worse.

imo, the spider being squashed in the brothel was representative of him feeling as though he was freeing himself from the women in his life by engaging in sexual promiscuity.

The spiders are just a metaphor for commitment and women in his life, so the woman crushing the spider is imagery for him crushing his commitment with his wife and presumably fucking a whore.

The spider at the end is the one massive commitment with his wife, she backs up into the corner because she's not an idiot, she recognises that he has fallen into the same pattern as before even though they both thought he had killed the other side of him that's unfaithful in the car crash.

A lot of the film takes part in Jake's mind, him coming to terms with his split personality and dealing with the 2 sides of himself.

Bladerunner is better

>The enemy is himself, or women, or both, depending on how you look at it.
wat

It's a deep version of invasion of the body snatchers.

Spiders are the ultimate feminine symbol because they are matriarchal. Female spiders are larger than male spiders and certain kinds eat the male after mating with them.

>Spider-like aliens invaded and everyone was sort of just dealing with it.

This user gets it, OP.

DUDE WOMEN ARE SPIDERS THAT WANT TO TRAP YOU IN THEIR RESTRICTIVE WEB OF COMMITMENT THEN DEVOUR YOU SLOWLY SUCKING AWAY AT YOUR LIFE FORCE TILL YOURE A MERE HUSK OF A MAN LMAO

t. DENNY 'DIEU DE MERDE' VILLENEUVE

fmovies.yt/search-movies/enemy.html

alot movies in here

female spiders fall back when afraid

Sigmund Freud believed that in dreams spiders represent the devouring mother who consumes her children through possessiveness or her power to arouse guilt. She is symbolised by the spider that traps and lives off her innocent victims.

So what you're saying is that the Spiders are not aliens

there is thought to be a link between the placental shape and the shape of a spider, which is why we tend to be irrationally afraid of them

This is literally only something a jew like Freud would dream about

A placenta is like a big circle, not sure what you mean by this

Dunno. Seems legit to me.

Ehh i can kind of see it

I don't think it's a split personality. It's just two sides of the same person and having to leave behind your past life to settle down. He's tempted again right at the end and that's why his wife appears as a spider. The car crash is the death of his old life as it coincides with him reconciling with his wife.