What are some movies where the directors pussied out and stuck with a detrimental feel-good ending?

What are some movies where the directors pussied out and stuck with a detrimental feel-good ending?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXtwtK5cElg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

most of them.

Yeah dude, it should have been like the book where stays stuck in the loop... Would have been so dark and badass... Fucking pussies...

>dude this is totally what you think lmao
fuck off faggot. it should have ended with cruise, blunt and the aliens all dead. at least if blunt stayed dead it would be more consistent.

Cruise pushed for that ending. Not Doug

But the movie gave a better ending you fucking weeb

>be an awful human
>die
>get "reborn" as a MAGGOT
>keep on dying and being reborn
>eventually become a good person
>kill the ascended master
>escape the endless loop of reincarnation
yeah Based Doug Liman knew what he was doing. Edge of Tomorrow was eastern philosophy wrapped up in a great action comedy.
probably the most spiritual film ive watched in years

IIIII NEED TO KNOW NOW

oblivion/reacher/edge of tomorrow
3 great cruise films that if released 20 years ago all of them would have been massive hits and well liked
now no one cares. sad what happened to modern film audiences

This was the biggest culprit in my opinion.

i didn't even know it was based on weebshit untill one of the posters mentioned it. would be better without the last rewind. the omega's blood rewind makes zero sense, literally only made for a feel-good ending for amerimutts.

There should have been one more bullet in the gun, simply to end Thomas Jane and his entire mediocre career

No the movie was ending was fine, and apparently they're doing a sequel so that's great.

youtube.com/watch?v=tXtwtK5cElg
fucking kino

The feel good ending of LIVE DIE REPEAT was in line with its light hearted tone. I am ok with this

in 15 years Oblivion will be a cult classic

shame, it could have been a 10/10 movie if they replaced the generic resistance guys with freed Tom Cruise clones at varying ages using stolen alien tech

If the film wasn't american and didn't star tom cruise, then that might've happened.

The fuck? This is the exact opposite of a feel good ending.

Didn't really care for Jack Reacher that much other than that really good car chase, but Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow were both really good, fun popcorn sci-fi that wasn't saddled by being part of a huge franchise.

Or, the studio forced it.

Pleb, the original had them having hope in finding a safe haven when the world is entirely covered

>that last review
jesus fucking christ who wants to read all that shit. it's not even by Armond White come the fuck on.

the director didn't want to but Little Shop of Horrors was stuck with a feel good ending after the test audience complained about the original ending of the play. Some of the dvd releases include the original ending in the special features and makes it so much better.

Ending was actually so fucked. Is Jake just supposed to "pretend" to be the dude he took over? How exactly is he supposed to go on. I mean yeah the guy would technically have died so it's not like his body was "stolen", but how is Jake supposed to keep the charade up?

Damn shame this did so bad because it's so good.

I wonder if they will do it as a TV show/mini series one day.

A sequel is in the works right now.

I really enjoyed the opening sniper part
the bathroom fight (that was Tom's idea)
and the car chase bits
(also that chicks huge tits)
it seems more like a basic cable detective show but with a better cast I guess. i was pleasantly surprised by it.

it's a shame indeed, but i think this stuck in a time loop concept wouldn't work as a series at all.

its been years since ive watched this but doesn't he blow himself up?? or did you want him to blow up the school??

Fuck yes, kino

Oh cool, just looked it up
>Live Die Repeat and Repeat
Meh

Same director though, two nobodies writing it though. Blunt is back but it looks like Cruise is all booked up, which is bad beucase he was such a fanboy and hyped for Edge of Tomorrow.

>or did you want him to blow up the school??
yes, and that was the original ending. They changed it during filming

I remember not liking it at the time, but years later I realized that I much prefer the alternate ending to the butterfly effect where he goes back to when he was still in his mother's womb, and kills himself. It's stupid, but memorable, and I honestly don't even remember what the actual ending to the movie was.

could have worked
i really like the movie so im happy with it anyway. as long as Wynonna survived its all good

I always just thought of it as

>WOT IF GROUNDHOG DAY WAS SCI-FI, CRAZY INNIT?

Top Tier posts, lads.

>oblivion
4/5
>reacher
5/5
>edge of tomorrow
3.5/5

Also, dem M:I sequels 4 and 5 were really good.

the film works on many levels

I know what the original ending was, I'm saying that the movie didn't have a "feel good ending."

>dude only sad endings are good lmao
It was kino.