Oh boy, it's another "Peggy Hill Is a Piece of Shit" thread

Can someone explain this meme to me? Because I feel like I've seen enough KotH episodes to firmly declare that she did nothing wrong.

It's strange that Kahn Jr. and Bobby never figured out that Joseph is John Redcorns son but Peggy did.

didn't Hank have to tell her?

This is bait. Peggy did everything wrong.

I can assure you it's not, sir. Peggy can be eccentric, yes, but in some ways she's saner than her husband. Like the time she and Bobby accidentally ate barbecue that was grilled over charcoal. She made a big to-do about keeping it a secret from Hank, sure, but at least she's not deluded enough to think that propane grilling is the only acceptable way to cook meat.

>but at least shes not deluded enough to think that propane grilling is the only acceptable way to cook meat
>implying

My memory's fucking foggy but I think she got it on her own.

She did figure it out on her own technically but only after Hank gave her all the pieces and hinted at it. She basically was led to the conclusion by Hank who didn't want to say it out loud thus acknowledging it

Peggy is actually the best character in the show in my eyes.

T. Peggy Hill

Just because you dislike her, doesn't mean she isn't a well-written and complex character.

>Men who are uncomfortable with women can't deal with a female character in a sitcom about people making mistakes
Beats me

I find her personality grating and obnoxious. She brings down nearly every scene she's in, so I find myself enjoying the show more when she's not the focus and enjoying it less when she is. That's pretty much it. OP, have you never simply disliked a character before? It's a matter of personal taste, as such it doesn't need a scientific objective truth behind it.

Peggy wouldn't receive half the hate she does if she were simply another idiot husband character instead of the rare idiot wife.

Yeah, she's like the Cartman of King of the Hill.

Is Peggy meant to be attractive?
Like, she once seduced that gay guy when she was young.

I can almost taste the smug contrarianism in this thread. Most of you even give a shit about KotH, you just know that people disliking Peggy is common enough that you can get a rise if you say "People that don't like Peggy Hill are wrong for not liking her." It's the Sup Forums equivalent of your sibling repeating everything you say to annoy you.

All skinny bitches are attractive when they are young.

I always pictured her as being at least average in terms of looks. A lot of men over the course of the show express an interest in her appearance and Luanne, who is her niece, is generally considered to be hot. I figure she's a 6/10?

Flies into a rage when she learns hank lied about how he contracted mono in highschool from a random girl that stole a kiss from him to make her boyfriend jealous. While at the same time she lied about fucking her gay friend in highschool and said she was a virgin.

Is so insecure when Bobby shows an aptitude in cooking she sabotages the meal he was preparing for Thanksgiving out of jealousy.

Conceited to the point of being delusional. Would rather rot in a Mexican prison rather than admit she is not completely fluent in Spanish when she was on trial for kidnapping a child because she had no idea what she was saying.

Intentionally taught Lucky incorrect information while tutoring him so he would fail his high school equivalency exam.

etc.

I've never been autistic enough to hate a fictional character for saying/doing things I don't like or agree with.

>written for the express purpose of being disliked/annoying
>is disliked/annoying for the very reasons she was intended to be disliked/annoying
>this somehow makes her a bad character

unlikable=/=bad

Cotton hill was the cartman of king of the hill

I dunno man, he wasn't there as often as Cartman, that shithead's in every episode.

>OP, have you never simply disliked a character before? It's a matter of personal taste, as such it doesn't need a scientific objective truth behind it.
No, I get you, and I agree that she's obnoxious. That doesn't make her a horrible person, though, or that the character deserves to be demonized as she is by some KotH fans around here.

On the surface those might seem like fair points, but then you think about the shit that Bill and Dale Gribble have done yet no one calls them shitty people.

Bill is a sad pathetic idiot who would have killed himself years ago if it wasn't for hank. Dale is just an asshole with no concept of what is and is not acceptable behavior. His only real redeeming quality is the being a loving husband and father.

>I can almost taste the smug contrarianism in this thread. Most of you even give a shit about KotH, you just know that people disliking Peggy is common enough that you can get a rise if you say "People that don't like Peggy Hill are wrong for not liking her." It's the Sup Forums equivalent of your sibling repeating everything you say to annoy you.

I love KoTH and I hate peggy. Shes the worst character with terrible episodes. Period.

This

>Bill is a sad pathetic idiot who would have killed himself years ago if it wasn't for hank.
If it also wasn't for Hank Bill would've stayed with the mental institution that was genuinely helping him.

>Flies into a rage when she learns hank lied about how he contracted mono in highschool from a random girl that stole a kiss from him to make her boyfriend jealous.
Let's also just remember she really wasn't mad about the kiss she was mad she didn't have a story to tell her friends anymore.

>On the surface those might seem like fair points, but then you think about the shit that Bill and Dale Gribble have done yet no one calls them shitty people.

well, they're not women.

>that episode where the real rusty shackleford shows up

I'd give Peggy a smooch.

She's too good for the likes of you.

she looks 10000x better with her hair down tbqh

>The Crimes of Peggy Hill
Was fooled by a death row inmate into smuggling cocaine into prison under the ruse that he was a student she taught dispite the fact that he is almost the same age as she is and that what she was bringing him was timer sand for playing boggle. She never caught on even when he tasted the "sand", only learning the truth once he told her in an attempt to blackmail her. (season 3 episode 22)

Kidnapped a little mexican girl while on an unplanned (actually, there was a plan but Peggy scrapped it and decided to wing it) fieldtrip into mexico after visiting a butcher shop she mistook for a petting zoo. She was arrested upon returning the girl but mistook this as the mexicans taking her to be honored by the mayor for doing so. In court she was deemed not guilty when she was tricked into giving her testimony in spanish (which she brags as her best teaching subject claiming that she's fluent) revealing that she can barely speek spanish at all as she blabbers utter nonsense. Despite this, still doesn't realize how bad her spanish is. (season 6 episode 3)

Has been lying to her husband about enjoying food made with propane (since season 5 episode 11) when she and Bobby accidentally ate food prepared with charcoal and discover they like it more than propane. They went on to purposely go behind Hank's back to eat charcoal prepared food til he returned.

Peggy writes her son's essay homework, then gets jealous of him and the credit he gets for writing it. When its discovered that Bobby was stealing more of Peggy's musings and Peggy wrote Bobby's essay they are forced to make an apology the next day. Instead of writing an apology Peggy steals her husband's truck, steals their neighbor's American flag, accidentally runs over the flag with the truck tearing it, breaks into the school, accidentally sets the flag on fire setting off the fire alarm and sprinkler then takes the flag and runs back home leaving the flag on the neighbors lawn. (season 4 episode 11)

Nearly kills half of Arlen by telling the readers of her household hints collumn in the newspaper to mix ammonia and bleach, aka mustard gas. (season 10 episode 2)

Believes that plants suck in oxygen rather than producing it, in one instance warning Bobby to step away from a house plant telling him that its leafs could suck the oxygen out of his body. (season 6 episode 7)

Fell for a con which convinced her she was a genius and one of the smartest people in Texas, nearly costing her and several other people in Arlen thousands of dollars each. (season 6 episode 10)

Jumped head first into a pyramid scheme for selling kitchenware in a desperate attempt to sell a house that wasn't really on the market. (season 11 episode 9)

Is fooled into making foot fetish videos for the internet. (season 4 episode 23)

Thinks the Native Americans are the ones that ruined the first thanksgiving. (season 3 episode 7)

Thinks iguana is pronounced "i-ja-wanna". (season 3 episode 9)

Believed that the way to sooth a teathing baby was to put scotch on its gums and that to help a baby sleep you lay it on its stomach and surround it by pillows and blankets. (season 13 episode 8)

Accused Randy Travis of stealing her song by running up to him and punching him in the face. (season 4 episode 24)

Usually pees standing up. (season 7 episode 7)

Was willing to spend $15,000 just to see the laundry room that a murder once occurred in. (season 8 episode 18)

People bring up the Mexican girl being kidnapped as a crime of Peggy but I disagree. If anything that girl would have been better off just staying in America. I think Peggy is horrible but this is the one time she could have made someone's life much better.

Don't forget tricking Bill into that pyramid scheme with her

Oh, and then there was the time she thought her son was going to steal her husband from her, so she ruined their thanksgiving by stealing the turkey and her son's bike.

She's living cringe humor just like bobby. It's okay to hate her but she's an important part of the show

She didn't trick Bill in to doing anything, he made himself apart of it.

Bobby did. He made a comment to Joseph about it in the early seasons and Joseph got really mad.

No he didn't.

what was the thing where bobby was OH I JUST REMEMBERED

>bobby, her SON, falls in love with a girl
>he, the 13 year old boy, says his new relationship is better than his parent's 14 year plus marriage
>instead of rolling her eyes, she takes offense
>later bobby is heart broken by the girl
>She takes that opportunity to rub it in while he is crying

>Peggy Hill did nothing wrong
Look I know opinions aren't fact and therefore can't be right or wrong, but that's the most wrong opinion I've ever heard.