Another new episode of Marvel's Spiderman aired today...

Another new episode of Marvel's Spiderman aired today. This one was Miles Morales origin story condensed into one episode. Do you think they're moving way too fast with this show? I mean I know this show is supposed to be like Spiderman and his Amazing Friends but its only been 10 episodes and we already have both Peter and Miles as Spiderman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0LbVLhWP1cI
kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Marvel-s-Spider-Man/Episode-9
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what's Miles's origin? And what does he call himself?

I never got why people want shows that have told the same fucking stories over and over to "Take it Slow". I see people saying that Venom, the second most popular character in Spider-Man lore, shouldn't be used til Season 3. What do you want to do? Episodes about Rhino and the Vulture on and on?

I'm giving them 2 seasons max before it gets rebooted again.

Spider-mon.

I can't wait to see how they fuck up the villains that time.

I'm honestly shocked they didn't START with the mass empowerment thing.

>watching this

I've noticed that there's an episode called Venom airing later on, so they're not done with him anyway.

Also apparently he quits Horizon?

Kid Arachnid

from the thumbnail it looks like he is farting on miles haha

So what's his origin in this? How do they explain away multiple spider people?

Gotta sell them toys!

>Do you think they're moving way too fast with this show?
I've been saying it since day one, I'd be a lot happier with this show if they just simmered down and stopped throwing all the plot points at all the same times. I barely know what's going on in an episode because they talk too fast and don't give characters the 7 seconds they need to be established. I don't care for the oscorp/smart school rivalry, I don't care for ginger Gabe Newell, I miss JJJ, I want to care about Harry's eventual goblin transformation but I just don't see him doing all that crazy shit because all that's really happened is daddy issues and JJJ-style I DON'T LIKE SPIDERMAN.

It just feels wierd, like they care more for the villains in this story than spiderman's development as a person, but then those same villains are given next to no buildup and are thrown in like jobbers. Teen Doc Ock is the closest we've had to villain buildup and all I manged to pick up is "oh you look young" and "yo dont keep up your tentacle arm experiment.""but moooom I want to". It's nowhere near close to Spectacular where Doc was shown being pushed around at least once every two episodes so that when he became the villain you knew it was him not wanting to be the bottom feeder any more and him becoming one of the top crimelords was something to kinda go "wow" at.

Its ok to have an episode where its just Peter wants to get X done but petty crimes keep happening to distract him. or Peter makes an excuse for running off to become Spiderman but it wasn't a good one and now people think he's involved with crime/doing drugs. I feel like a fucking tumblr poster writing all this.

Think about it user, rollercoasters need that build up before the drop. Saving venom till season 3 is way too much time but at the same time you can't fucking pile on villain after villain each episode like its that you get a car moment from Oprah. All of them just feel empty, this is just a big show of empty.

The Jackal and some other science stuff at Oscorp.

Given how long USM lasted, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

The whole thing with Jackal is way too rush. We're introduced to Jackal, know him as Gwen's uncle, and then out him all in the span of two or three episodes. It doesn't have the dramatic punch when they do the reveal. That's a genuine flaw.

Saw the episode. I'm surprised they're doing clones this early, if that's what the ending with Warren implied.

I bet you loved Spectacular despite it going the same pace as this

did you mean 90s spiderman?

And I bet you liked Ultimate, didn't you?

No, I'm that user who thinks there has only been a count on one hand number of good Marvel cartoons

So is there any hope of this piece of shit getting canned after one or two seasons?

Ultimate Spider-Man (cartoon) was miles better than Marvel's Spider-Man.

Season 2 was already confirmed by the second episode. Also not likely because if this thing is gonna be good for making a fuckload of toys.

>It just feels wierd, like they care more for the villains in this story than spiderman's development as a person, but then those same villains are given next to no buildup and are thrown in like jobbers. Teen Doc Ock is the closest we've had to villain buildup and all I manged to pick up is "oh you look young" and "yo dont keep up your tentacle arm experiment.""but moooom I want to". It's nowhere near close to Spectacular where Doc was shown being pushed around at least once every two episodes so that when he became the villain you knew it was him not wanting to be the bottom feeder any more and him becoming one of the top crimelords was something to kinda go "wow" at.

Having seen the leaked episodes, it's actually more than just Max telling him to be patient. He basically makes more unauthorized experiments, then gets his arms fused with him, then becomes a superhero with Peter and Miles, and finally, Norman feeds his big ego and sabotages him so Otto quits Horizon and joins Oscorp. He's still not a full-blown villain yet, though.

>retarded ass jokes and fourth-wall breakage
>shoehorning SHIELD and MCU stuff
>Spidey barely fights his own villains
>getting paired with a team of bratty young heroes with poor chemistry with each other
>no story arcs until the last two seasons

Nah.

It would be really nice if they don't go full blown villain with Otto. I liked the twist they had with Sandman, more of that please.

Even then USM only really ended because Spider-Man got into the MCU, and they wanted tighter Synergy.

>Spider-Man
>Getting cancelled on a children's network
You really fucking believe there's a chance of that?

Where can I watch these leaked episodes?

>retarded ass jokes and fourth-wall breakage
As opposed to annoying and boring SCIENCE talk? USM was trying to entertain while MSM is just talking the audience's ear off.
>shoehorning SHIELD and MCU stuff
That was stuff was in the background the show is still primarily a Spider-Man show. Horizon High School where everyone is a super genius isn't shoehorned in at all.
>Spidey barely fights his own villains
He does fight his own villains, but it shows him as a player in the Marvel Universe where he can crossover and introduce people to other villains in the MU.
>getting paired with a team of bratty young heroes with poor chemistry with each other
They still all had a diverse set of powers. MSM has 4 characters with the same fucking powers. The team had their own backstories too which Spider-Man interacted with regularly.
>no story arcs until the last two seasons
It was about world building first and introducing you to characters. It was much better than MSM's shitty excuse for story arcs.

you retards are trying way to hard to hate this shit even saying Ultimate is better and i liked that one

>there's people who think that Spider-Man the power point animation is okay.

The new cartoon is better than USM earlier seasons.

USM took three seasons to get good, the new cartoon is decent in its first season.

>decent
In what universe is this decent? USM was passable when it stated and kept raising the bar every season. This one is complete garbage and it doesn't look like they have any intentions of turning around. They're too lazy to shade and the characters slide across the screen.
Not an argument. MSM blows.

I'd rather watch a decent motion comic then a well animated commercial.

Marvel's Spider-Man is neither, it is a poorly made commercial. USM showed off different parts of the MU. Meanwhile this is a bootleg USM: Web Warriors.

>USM showed off different parts of the MU

Yeah. it got Doom, Arcade, Deadpool, Cloak and Dagger, Dr. Strange, Savage Land.
Marvel's Spider-Man has Dan Slott's OC Clash.
Marvel's Spider-Man can't fucking compete.

things other cartoons do wow so different

Yet Marvel's Spider-Man only does what every other Spider-Man cartoon has done before but worse.

>Marvel's Spider-Man can't fucking compete.
It's pretty hard to compete with a show with five seasons when this show has only aired ten episodes so far.

Ultimate's first 10 episodes alone blow the new show out of the water.

ok this guy is baiting now

Hey look I can post reaction images too!
You're the one who can't come up with any arguments for why the new show is good. (because it isn't)

The show's not good but it's better than Ultimate. Usually I say taste is subjective, but anyone that liked Ultimate better than this (liked Ultimate period) is a pleb

What makes it better than Ultimate?

no retarded cutaways and story

>not Arachnikid
Good enough I guess.

But the competing super science high schools angle is retarded.

Why? I like it.

Ok I bit the meme bullet and watched a few episodes of USM for the first time then watched the first few of MSM again to compare the two.

USM definitely had its fair share of autism, I don't really feel for the other teen characters, the cuts are kind of awkward, designs are average to low avarage, it definitely has pacing issues, the cuts are jarring sometimes and the shield aspect I think is introduced way too early. But overall I had a few actual moments of fun and laughter, and the idea of oscorp competing with shield for spiderman does interest me a bit.

MSM had just the same amount of issues but handled MSM's mistakes in a less enjoyable way. It had no sudden cuts but had no proper character/villain introductions. It had no teen team but has teen everything now. I couldn't care less for the school rivaly shebang.

I'd rate them around the same, if I had to pick one to watch for the rest of my life I would go with USM till the point it stops making me laugh, then I'd go kill myself.

I was wondering if there were gonna be shackle shenanigans after he started hopping around, so since almost the start of the series

It would have been better as simply just "arachnid"

No i want episodes on spot

Only way it could get cancelled is if Disney somehow loses the rights, same thing that happened to pic related

Look up The Rise of Doc Ock on YouTube. They’re just pieces of episodes, but just enough to make out the full plot.

can people just stop redesigning Spidey's costume
it wont ever catch on

Actual world building, story arcs, actual quiet moments and character development, greater focus on Spidey’s supporting cast and foes, etc.

I liked the recent glowy blue eyes suits, too bad

Yea why is Peter spider MAN but miles is KiD Arachnid? They are the same age so it doesn't fit. It only makes sense with the age gap. Anyway they are doing the "spider rangers' thing all over again

Because they need different names and Miles acts more like a kid from time to time with Peter as the adult in the team up situations

Toyline reasons.

Miles' figures have been labeled as Kid Arachnid since the USM cartoon.

That is shitty name, spider-boy sounds better.

Arachnid is bland sounding. Kid Arachnid is at least catchy.

>
Miles is actually younger in the show

>The show's not good but it's better than Ultimate. Usually I s
Because it didn't have shit like this

youtube.com/watch?v=0LbVLhWP1cI

>loki pulls some stupid gay shit
I don't see the problem here

You neglected to mention fem-Crimson Dynamo and Lizard, who turns into not-Godzilla for the final battle.

anyone got a link to the episode?

You just described the entire flaw of the show, it's too rushed. They have some genuinely interesting things going on sometimes, but NOPE its a show designed to sell a product, so pump as much shit out as fast as you can, and to hell with building a foundation.

I was actually shocked they stretched the symbiote plot across 3 episodes, with the way this show burns through content I figured venom would be running around halfway through the second episode and get taken down by Gwen with a stereo system 4 minutes later.

And with something like adding a second spider-man, that's at least fall-finale, 2 parter, cliffhanger territory, but instead they decided to rush it out in the very first 10 episodes of the series.

>kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Marvel-s-Spider-Man/Episode-9

>I was actually shocked they stretched the symbiote plot across 3 episodes, with the way this show burns through content I figured venom would be running around halfway through the second episode and get taken down by Gwen with a stereo system 4 minutes later.

We still have a Venom episode coming up, but that's in the future.

Another thing that annoys me is how little emotional conflict there is in removing the symbiote. It's easily removed by sound, but there's no psychological or emotional struggle. I liked how in Spectacular, the symbiote was weakened by sound or chemicals, but wouldn't come off until the emotional bond was broken. It would've been neat if something similar had come up in this show.

We do get a second two-parter for Doc Ock, but it doesn't even make him a villain. He just gets his tentacles and joins Osborn instead.

>stream
Did you post that just to be a git?

the problem is when almost episode has stupid gay shit

Why don't they just make it the official name

>Think about it user, rollercoasters need that build up before the drop. Saving venom till season 3 is way too much time but at the same time you can't fucking pile on villain after villain each episode like its that you get a car moment from Oprah. All of them just feel empty, this is just a big show of empty.
If you're waiting a fucking week between episodes, why not have them do as much as they can each week?

Just watched it, and it's actually getting better. Less random cringy autist science speak, some major plot lines moving behind the scenes. Pacing is still kind of rushed, but it's way better than Ultimate. This thing has potential if they slow it down a little and have a bit more quiet character moments. Then again, this is a cartoon aimed at kids and the movies are the more serious contemporary stories so...

>when almost every* episode

It's still shit though.

One day disney will die

>If you're waiting a fucking week between episodes, why not have them do as much as they can each week?
Because I have patience?

Yeah but then you run into the difficulty of having the black Spider-Man be called "boy"

I thought the glow and shine was an eyesore

Unless you are a redneck and trying to whip some black boys, nobody going to call you racist.

Our lord and savior, Spectacular, will rise again.