What's Sup Forums's opinion on Pan's Labyrinth?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Pan's Labyrinth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XA4ERjS30y4
youtu.be/xyzSvVh9BDo
imgur.com/gallery/6I30I
desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/gif/image/1507/27/1507274923250.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The majority of Sup Forums is too young to remember this movie.

Sad if true

Very nice but would be better with more "fairytale" scenes and less scenes with soldiers and all that war stuff

That eye monster still haunts me

Communist propaganda wrapped in an exploitative child actor fantasy flick

Oh yeah, the movie about an incel spaniard liutenant too much of a pussy to gef a woman that he had to kill hid tailor and married the used goods of her wife.

I try to not remember that thing

MODS

>Communist propaganda
Explain

>All fascists were comic book nazis

>All commies were freedom fighters

I liked it better than Shape of Water but I was waaay younger when i saw it.

Better than SoW, but both are good movies in the most untapped genre in modern movies.

meeh I watched it so long ago I would have to rewatch it now

the child eater was nice tho. there need to be more movies with child eater monsters. there used to be lots of myths and tales about child eaters

when I was a little kid this statue gave me nightmares. I think child eaters are really fucking scary

>Reds are literally portrayed as heroes
>meanwhile actual history, Republicans brutally murdered and burned down churches with priests inside

The girl grew up to become a hot af slutty shortstack so the movie gets a few points for that

not myths

>2006
>old
Sup Forums's favorite film came out in 2007 (Jesse James)

it's about le anarchists and communists dindu nuffin while in reality they putted corpses of nuns and priests on public display

kino theme makes for a kino mood and a kino film

Do all of his movies end where the good guys die but not really because magic and stuff ?

Triggers pol, great cinematography, what's not to like?

>Jesse James
Based Sup Forums.

Someone post the webm. You know the one.

post the webm of her getting fucked from behind

I returned to my home fairly drunk one night to my roommate watching this in the living room. He was about half way or more through the movie. I have never been so fucking confused in my entire life. I've only seen the trailer and various pictures of the more fantasy based stuff, so that was quite the drunken experience.

cool story bro. tell another one

She died bro, it was all in her head

Pic?

Is del Toro kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=XA4ERjS30y4

I like the bottle scene
youtu.be/xyzSvVh9BDo

imgur.com/gallery/6I30I Not him but she's not ugly.

Tell me about this "pol". Is he in this room right now? Does he tell you do naughty things?

Ivana Baquero

christianity is evil so that's okay
but remember to embrace islam!

I liked it but I remember just thinking I wished the entire thing was just about the fantasy stuff and it ditched all the allegories and shit. Maybe that was backwards of me since that was the point of the movie but still.

Absolutely insane. Who thinks like this when they watch a movie? That must be so tiresome.

fascists did nothing wrong

Half decent film about a bad ass general who doesn't take shit from nobody gets bogged down with some stupid side story about a little girls imagination. Would have been better without pan and his fucking labrynth.

I watched it last week for the first time in a theater, I was pleasantly surprised

Is her middle name thick?

Guillermo has some kind of boner for ultraviolence. The Shape of Water had the same unexpected brutality.

literally the only reason to watch shannara chronicles.
i would post that webm of her getting slammed form behind but i got banned last time

Mmmmph that thick fucking ass hrrrrng

The thing I would do.

Could have used some actual child nudity to give it some "art" points.

desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/gif/image/1507/27/1507274923250.webm

I haven't seen Shape of Water yet but Crimson Peek definitely confirms this.

MUH DICK

Shame
I remember enjoying the books as a kid

is that her?
What the hell

It's from a movie unfortunately

uhhhh movie name?

It appears he has panned her labyrinth.

I swear every del Toro movie is "glimpse at some really cool shit" followed by 8-10 hours of ugly main character talking or shots of them sleeping or eating or some other dumb shit with eerie music playing in the back. Even Pacific Rim has this issue and it's supposed to be a fucking robot fight movie

Learn to Google nigger, I'm not spoonfeeding you. Took me 2 seconds.

>the way she looks back and smiles

interesting choice of picture OP, are you trying to tell us something?

>implying organized religion isn't absolute shit

Yeah, too many damn bubbles in that bath.

Why are her lips so big and so red? They look a little raw... extended kissing session with Del Toro perhaps?

>confusing fantasy and magical realism

Who would win a wrestling match, in a vat of oil? Ana de Armas or Ivana Baquero?

We all win in that scenario.

FUND IT

If Del Toro was ever going to win an Oscar, it should have been for this.

I liked it.
Del Toro’s stupid tweet years later about the evil white man was a real kick in the nads.

That was the year that ultra Oscar-baity Babel and The Departed came out. Pan's Labyrinth didn't stand a chance.

The greatest injustice was Javier Navarette's score getting snubbed so that faggot Gustavo Santaolalla could have a 2nd Oscar. Two in a row! Fucking unbelievable.

Pan is the name for that baphomet goat thing that rapes children and steals majick power from small boys anii. Fuck the jews, m8

>Del Toro’s
Cryptojew af

I watched it. I hated it so much for what I feel to be objective reasons.

>Captain Vidal is written to be a villain but Del Toro is so lazy that instead of making his motivations historically accurate and playing the sides, they just show him as borderline aggressive and weird
>ends up making him look 100% medically autistic and not really foreboding
>this keeps being played up the entire movie of hurr durr fascists are just literal evil devils with no moral compas
>communists portrayed as good guys but never explained why
>Pan routinely endangers herself, her family, and the men stationed on the base with what appear and are heavily implied to only be hallucinations
>attempts to poison her father and almost kills a baby from her schizophrenia
>even in her hallucinations, she is a cunt. She's told expressely not to eat from the table and does so despite the fairies repeatedly trying to stop her and having to die for her (ex machina happens where they're alive!)
>aids the communists (who for some reason are just portrayed as godlike) who end up murdering every person on base
>Vidal has a retarded line about his watch which, because he has no motivations and just appears medically autistic, is anticlimactic.
>everything, despite the girl's retarded movies, just happens to work out for her

This was perhaps one of the biggest pieces of trash I've seen in recent memory. There are so many actually good movies that can portray the protag and antag as REAL people and not borderline retards.

I shit you not I've read Republicans mention this movie to prove Fascists were really bad guys and they dindu nuffin

god i'm glad i'm not you

I think the opposite. I enjoyed the soldier scenes.

lol the only reason this movie is so widely known or acclaimed is that it's so casually entertaining like a marvel movie.

General film goers don't give a shit about technique or depth and if you can hyper-exaggerate a quality of your movie like action, design, or style like in this case, they can so easily overlook the blandness of it and think they accidentally stumbled upon a deep movie and understood it. This is then followed by patting themselves on the back for being able to appreciate it.

tl;dr this shit is big bang theory-tier and very VERY casual.

>die but not really because magic and stuff
brainlet.jpg

You're just triggered by the political stance of the film and that's the only form of criticism that you're capable of.

it seems you lack reading comprehension. I explained many things that were problems in the movie.

I don't give a shit if it's a communists win movie, but at least learn to write your characters so their motivations are historically accurate as opposed to coming across as genuinely having assburgers.

You could have written Vidal to be a hyper-idealistic fascist who perhaps always seems to be clouded by a dreamlike state of his own ambitions and the climax of the movie is seeing all he hoped coming down.

Turns out it was just
>[look how sociopathic and edgy I am]
>muh watch
>BANG

how can you be this much of a brainlet

go back to Sup Forums

These actions were never accepted and organized by the Republican regime, they were isolated actions by a few Republicans against an organization that openly supported the coup d'etat.
The Francoists went against the legitimate government and instaured a dictatorship after a bloody civil war that continued way after it was already over. There are public records of general Franco and Queipo de Llano supporting civilian killings and purges.

>not understanding magical realism

tl:dr they were good boys dindu nothin

It wasn’t very good. It tried to be clever but the characters and plot were so one dimensional that it all fell flat. It had good set and creature designs though

>newfags think this is "old"

awful

I don't think you know what magical realism is. It's not just "fantasy in español" you know.

Unironically this. I was 6 years old.

pretentious, protagonist is not even hot

its kino but im sure literal nazis hate it

any pics of her feet?

So how does that excuse the cult of Marx now?

Out comes edgy reddit communist Starbucks sipper out of the woodwork

dont really have any

>what I feel to be objective
It's hilarious that you wrote this retarded statement out thinking it would lend credibility to your dumbass opinion.

You're welcome

THEY DINDU NUFFIN IT WUZ AN IZOLATED INDODENT

>"Saged" in the name field
Looks like he touched a nerve

I fucking knew it was going to be this. user was a glorious heterosexual today.

Holy shit, God bless teh fappening

This is better than Timlin's doggy style vid

Wait what did I miss?

Pretty much this