What was the point of telling this story? Pissed me off. Nothing about bravery...

What was the point of telling this story? Pissed me off. Nothing about bravery, the love was as detached and unrealistic as you could make it.. just random weird people losing and gaining character or motivation within a span of seconds.
5/10 from me. The aftertaste of this movie is disappointment, I feel cheated. I was promised a wonderful magical story and I was given fireworks instead of magic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HMGetv40FkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Howl looks good but the story goes to crap halfway through.
I hear it's because they switched directors halfway through.

I really enjoyed it until about halfway when it started to stop making sense and the ending was painfully rushed.

I think I read somewhere that Miyazaki doesn't really give a fuck about story (and it shows). He just kinds of wings it and starts with an image he has in his head first and then shifts the story around later to make it fit the image.

I kept waiting for this weird style of character / behavior to pay off somehow but nope.. it just keeps going until the very end in the exact same way, everybody just changes their minds, transforms, acts like it's all fine and then sad and then fine again within 15 seconds of screentime. All the teasered things were useless, the big war - useless, just a game and at the end she just called it off because it's silly. Oh gee, so silly haha right. The whole mysterious demon curses were all just a joke too.
Oh and the main girl, her curse wasnt even broken by the end. So literally the thing you wait for the entire movie, that everything seemed to build upon.. doesnt get resolved.
And this shit gets 8.2 on imdb somehow. It must be kids who dont care and just immerse themselves in magic tralala land.

Say what you may.
This soundtrack is banging.
Story really is terrible. But the visuals are really nice and Joe Hisaichi is a great composer.
youtube.com/watch?v=HMGetv40FkI

i don't think you get miyazaki feelings then...
it's ok

>Watch what is considered to be Miyazaki's worst film
>Complain it wasn't magical

Nobody gives a shit about anime.

>Watch what is considered to be Miyazaki's worst film

that's not Ponyo

Nope Ponyo, is pretty beloved. Usually placed in the same tier as Porco Rosso.

>I hear it's because they switched directors halfway through.
This. It was supposed to be Hosoda. Miyazaki at the time was 'retired'. The film got guillermo'd like the hobbit

i can second this

ponyo was great though

>dogshit opinion
>reddit spacing
that's a shocker

I agree OP. The firsts time I watched it the ending left me legitimately confused. I thought I had missed something. That said it's still probably my favorite miyazaki movie maybe after Princess Mononoke. Spirited Away I didn't care for much. Of the ones I've seen that one felt the most aimed at younger children.

Can I get a Ghibli tier list/power ranking?

>Opus Tier
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

>Poignant masterpiece tier
Porco Rosso
Only Yesterday

>Grand Adventure Tier
Nausicaa
Kiki's Delivery Service
Laputa

>Take me home countly load tier
Whisper of the Heart
Arrietty
Kaguya

>He's a good boy he Dindu Nuffin tier
Cagliostro
The Wind Rises
Kingdom of Dreams & Madness

>Whimsical Fun Tier
Poppy Hill
Pom Poko
Grave of the Fireflies
Totoro

>Ehh I've got nothing else to do tier
Ponyo
Howls Moving Castle
Yamadas
Marnie

>nigga what the FUCK are you doing tier
The Cat returns
Earthsea
Ronja

haven't seen ocean waves or red turtle yet

it was based on a book m8

I liked it. I loved how Howl was a really vain fellow. Kinda cute that the girl who thought she was ugly and mousy showed her beauty through her strength and bravery. It was better than the book at least.

>Porco Rosso

What's going to happen to the sequel now that Miyazaki is "retired" & Studio Ghibli is apparently done with releasing movies?

nausicaa is shit

>Grave of the Fireflies
>Whimsical fun
Dude you're sick in the head

>>Whimsical Fun Tier

Watch Ponyo then you'll get the one meant for kids m8

Really good until the final act and then it's like everything is just smashing together and barely makes sense, maybe it's like that in the novel I dunno.

>her curse wasn't even broken by the end
nigger are you serious? are you seriously that fucking dumb?

It was just some neat shit that happened.

sounds about right

The movie deviates pretty far from the novel. The plot is different and liberties are taken with the characters.

first miyazaki movie?

Dude, it's a Ghibli film. The plots are always boring or shit. Just shut your brain off and enjoy the pretty animation.

>boring

Did you watch Monoke?

>tfw the best adventure anime isn't made by Studio Ghibli

I unironically love earthsea. Gives me a similar feeling to Angels Egg, even though it's objectively worse.

That god tier animation.... I feel empty after watching this as I realize that this top tier animation won't happen ever again. Mediocre story though.

>What was the point