I genuinely thought he aspired to become a voice actor in the industry back when he was doing the Awesome series but...

I genuinely thought he aspired to become a voice actor in the industry back when he was doing the Awesome series but that dream seems to have stopped dead in its tracks even though he definitely has enough connections and pull to make it.

So what happened? Did he lose interest?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/egoraptor/status/898827368915124225
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's a semi-regular VA on Mighty Magiswords.

He gets work here and there. His schedule is pretty packed, though, so I don't think anyone really wants him for leading roles.

He tried to make a living doing animations on Youtube and it worked for a while but Youtube changed it's algorithm and it fucked every animation channel. He had to resort to doing Lets Plays and Game Grumps was born. It became a huge success so he just gave up on his dreams and chased the money(which is what every rational adult should do so I dont blame him).

The thing is, I think this whole LP Youtube craze is just a fad and will be dead 10 years from now. The dude doesn't have a formal education and his wife is clearly a gold digger so I hope he's working on expanding his opportunities for the future.

>LP Youtubers are a fad
How many years have people been saying this?

About as long as people saying superhero films are a fad

>niggers wanting to be Internet famous for playing video games is a fad
lmao look at the retard and laugh.
If anything it's going to spike as more and more shitty parents like their kids be raised by an ipad.

I bet you thought Myspace would last forever too huh?

>I think this whole LP Youtube craze is just a fad
YouTube is trying to fuck even those people over now and it's why so many have moved to Twitch. Apparently Twitch is doing shit that people are disliking like baking in unblockable ads into streams.

Someone post the trans theory.

He's been in plenty of VA rolls, OP. There's criticism to be levied against the guy, but I think he achieved his dream of becoming a VA.

The currently style of LPs have only been a thing for, what, four or five years now and only really became profitable when youtube changed their algorithm to favor their style of posting (~10 minute daily videos). They were always on a clock as far as "when will youtube change the algorithm the other way?" The apocalypse may or may not end up being that other shoe dropping.

Oversaturation of the market is eventually going to cause people to lose interest and move on. It happens with everyone one of these meme fads.

The capeshit craze that started back in 2008 is fad. You really think the MCU and DCEU are going to go on forever? Remember when YA novel movies were the big thing?

wat?

Since PewDiePie got huge out of nowhere

I DO think the market has been oversatured for the past few years, and new successful LP channels that have shown up are only successful because the people involved are already popular for something else (Egoraptor and JonTron/Danny for Game Grumps, OneyNG for Oney Plays, etc.)

I bet you thought wireless controllers were a gimmick.

I mean, if you count AVGN, its been around for at least a decade.

AVGN does reviews, not Let's Plays.

He's done some VA work.
twitter.com/egoraptor/status/898827368915124225

AVGN does meme reviews.

But you bring up a great point. Remember when those "angry nerd game reviews" were all the rage? Where are they now? There are only a few big channels left and they were smart enough to branch out from AVGN's style.

Oversaturation at the moment seems to lead into the current popular articles of said fad to only increase in popularity while the rest get nothing. Like how superhero movies are oversaturated but Marvel keeps making bank because rather than going, "I'm done with superhero movies", people just put trust in what they know which is Marvel superhero movies.

It's the same idea why people would rather drink Sprite even though there's 10,000 lemon-lime sodas because they know how it taste and are familiar with it and know it won't be a waste of money.

In Hollywood right now, all the studios with good rep are succeeding while literally everyone else is falling.

>his schedule is pretty packed
I'm positive he can move around recording dates for his LP channel

Iron Man didn't start the fad though, I thought SpiderMan did. In between that and Iron Man, we got X-Men movies, Catwoman, Batman Trilogy, Hellboy, the Hulk before MCU, Darevil, Electrka, Ghost Rider. There were a shit ton of superhero movies before MCU went underway. MCU only really popularized the "cinematic universe" fad.

can we point out how fat arin has gotten? why is suzy still with that tub of lard? ugly piece of hairy neckbeard shit. he's not funny anymore either.

i feel sorry for her

>meme reviews

The fuck is a "meme review". You need to stop spending so much time on Sup Forums you faggot.

And i would say James counts since the first AVGN was a proto-let's play. And then there's Chris Chan's Animal Crossing videos from like 2002.

I understand it not being profitable but if he released his own animation that was even 30 seconds it'd easily get millions of views. To just give up entirely on what is believed to be his dream is baffling.

He was asked to be the English voice of Kamina in TTGL but turned it down for some reason, can't remember why.

>rational adult
that is definitely not Arin
he is the biggest oddity for me, how someone so retarded can be so successful and have such fanbase

because that's such an achievement
>worked for a while but Youtube changed it's algorithm
no, he quit to do GG before that happened
most of his VA rolls are usually webanimations. he's got a miniscule amount of ones in non-internet works
there's a theory that Arin's secretly a tranny because he dresses in drag and acts like a faggot
talking bout 2 completely different things

>i feel sorry for her
I don't, she's an ugly fetal alcohol syndrome lookin cunt. They deserve each other

Didn't Game Grumps start as something Jon and Arin just did for fun, not money?

They're touring the world doing live shows now. Hard to move those dates around.

She got pretty fat, too.

yeah it's kind of funny

Arin was the skinny one and Jon was the fat one

Now Dany is the skinny one and Arin's the fat one

meanwhile Jon got skinny.

He's done VA here and there but I would imagine he's pretty fucking busy. They did have a lot going on the past year filming that show and touring along with their usual GG stuff. But seeing as how he seems to be decent friends with Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon, I imagine he can get voice work when he asks to do it. But he his also doing the voices on Ross' animated show he's working on, so there's that.

>Ross' animated show

Well that explains why Steam Train ended.

tell that to diminishing returns
the first avengers film made 5th highest grossing (non-adjusted for inflation) but the 2nd one only made 7th and the only other ones in the top 15 are Iron Man 3 and Civil War, a MAJOR movie for Marvel

diminishing returns is hitting these movies, whether or not we want to admit it. if it's not an Avengers title, it's not going to make it huge, and even the last Spider Man was hit with bad 2nd week sales on the same level as the end of the last 2 Spider Man franchises

the fact that for the next 2 years we have 6 superhero movies a year from both major companies, not counting any other companies or animated movies, is just discouraging to think that we're going to keep going long after, especially with the "big" comic book events getting adapted already

I think Jon did it for fun while Arin was doing it for pure profit

Jon is a tard for different reasons.

He changed his show a lot from the original project he enjoyed making, and then is confused why he is always struggling to make it.

Nigga even a 30 second animation is months of work.

How come no one has figured out how to do a puppeted animation for the internet? They don't have to be hand-drawn masterpieces.

Like, Homestar Runner managed to thrive on that principle of very limited animation done in a short time span. Why has no one tried to do an Aqua Teen but for the internet kind of web series? Why do they all try to do complex anime action shorts or elaborate Disney animation?

it's his job now, so he tries to find ways to keep it new and interesting.

Don't trust anyone on the Internet with that 90s parted hair style

sports movies --> kids' book movies --> zombie/vampire movies --> capeshit movies

but hes an official VA in ok ko.
He voices the bomb bot and plenty of customers

Yes, but people who really like animation usually won't settle for something that isn't well animated. Those who resort to puppety animation are either more interested in telling a story, or making a commercial cartoon.

Given his schedule, I somehow doubt Jon's only work are his videos.