DC to give more information on Milestone and Young Readers lines at NYCC

>On a recent conference call, DC Entertainment copublishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee (who is also one of DC’s most popular artists) outlined a selection of the DC events that will take place during New York Comic Con and NYCC Presents.

>One of the most anticipated events will be the relaunch of Milestone Media, the pioneering African-American–owned superhero comics publisher originally founded in the early 1990s by Denys Cowan, Michael Davis, Derek Dingle, and the late Dwayne McDuffie, which shut down operations in 1997. Lee says the line will be “unveiled” at NYCC this year as part of a panel that will include Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman. Kirkman is featuring Milestone’s pioneering line of minority superhero series—among them Static Shock, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate—in a segment of The Secret History of Comics, a documentary on comics history he has produced for AMC that will debut in November. The episode will be previewed during the panel. And look for appearances by Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Kirkman, and Greg Pak.

>Lee also said there will be more information about DC’s recently announced Young Readers line and its popular DC Superhero Girls line of graphic novels and merchandise aimed at preteen girls. “We’ve made a big push into the YA and middle grade market with the DC Superhero Girls line,” Lee says. “We’ve seen a lot of success in both the comics shop market and the mass market, and there’s more coming from our new Young Readers imprint.”

and then shit about Dark Matter and Doomsday Clock but who cares
publishersweekly.com/pw/print/20170918/74791-dc-entertainment-at-new-york-comic-con.html

pic unrelated

>Young Animal
>Hanna Barbera
>what's left of Vertigo
>Dark Matter
>Young Readers
>Milestone
Hopefully the latter three are like the first two.. better quality than Rebirth even if the sales for everything but Snyder and Lemire's book will be crap

Rebooted Milestone, with typical marketing campaign, won't be successful unless absolute cream of the crop talent is on it.

>nothing more on Wildstorm
is the dream already dead boys?

I don't know, I don't think putting white guys on Milestone books would be a good idea. But then who are the black big names of today?
It's still ongoing last I heard, if it dies it's because Ellis can't finish anything to save his life.

>One of the most anticipated events will be the relaunch of Milestone Media
Neat.

>Lee also said there will be more information about DC’s recently announced Young Readers line and its popular DC Superhero Girls line of graphic novels and merchandise.
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Originally they said it would be OGNs and DC's marketing there seems to be fairly solid given that they are #2 overall in bookstore sales for comics (and the #1 is Scholastic so they're doing better than all the "comic" companies).

Those Dark Matter solicits are not promising.

Is there anything to announce? Michael Cray hasn't even started yet, so the third book isn't happening for a while

>I don't think putting white guys on Milestone books would be a good idea
They could always push for more Latino or Asian titles like Xombi

>DC’s recently announced Young Readers line
Does this mean we might see a Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 9th Grade?

Not more have been asking for Static Shock for years. If I were DC I'd push him hard in advertising and put him on the Teen Titans ASAP.

Those bookstore sales are mostly Batman, Watchmen, and old Vertigo stuff though.
They only recently got more successes beyond that with Flash and Superhero Girls.

I hope so. I think the writer said he had ideas for up until the 12th grade.

I believe they originally said Johns and Lee would contribute, so there's your Lebanese and Asian big names.

So Lee's really gonna be on that Dark Matter book for two issues to draw 3 pages of a Milestone book huh

Really hope we see Gotham Academy make a return in their YA line. Loved that series.

Johns is white as fuck, you'd have no idea he's got ME heritage just by looking at him. But he is one of the most popular names in comics so maybe there won't be too much butthurt. I don't think he'll end up doing anything though, dude is probably swamped with work to do plus Doomsday Clock.

DC planning to do another line? Isn't a bit too match?

Bugs me that you're right, being white-passing shouldn't change anything but people are dumb.

Dark matter will die first, the only thing that sounds interesting is terrifics and that could just be a main line thing anyway.

>DC planning to do another line? Isn't a bit too match?
Some of DC's bi-monthly books have been slowly transitioning to monthly. They're still going to have roughly the same number of books they've been putting out since the Rebirth launch.

Heck yeah Milestone's back.

Robert Kirkman Is working with DC? Weird.

At this point don't believe it until it actually gets solicited.

Dark Matter will die when the creators that sell stop working on them.

>Robert Kirkman Is working with DC?
They're just sharing the panel time with Kirkman's documentary. Which I fully expect to be "Some shit happened, BUT THEN IMAGE CAME ON THE SCENE!"

the pic is shit, I was worried.

>and put him on the Teen Titans ASAP.
Literally why.

I keep seeing people saying to put Static or Jaime or whoever on Teen Titans and my question is WHY?
The book is almost always garbage and overstuffed with characters vying for panel time.

This. Static deserves better.

I've always thought Jaime would be very easy to slide into the JSA, just make Dan a former member for the connection. He feels more like that kind of legacy than a TT.

Babs Tarr is good though.

All I care about is Milestone returning and maybe DC Superhero Girls but mostly Milestone.

Why isn't anyone making a bigger deal about Milestone coming back ? It should be a big deal.

There was a lawsuit (which must be done now) that made a lot of people look like scumbags.

>Mentioning Milestone comics and Reggie Hudlin in the same breath

Oh boy, Sup Forums is gonna go fucking nuclear if he's writing anything.

Isn't there a picture of Denys Cowan reading a Static Shock script with Hudlin's name on it?

Yep.

I don't remember the last time DC had a great year. But 2017 comic line is solid as hell

As we should, he's a mediocre comic writer at best and there's the whole lawsuit with McDuffie's wife

I need more Static in my life.

I really hope Cowan isn't involved with all that shit and it was all Hudlin's doing.

>Young Readers
More like Girl Readers.
Anyway like past attempt to reach younger audiences with comics they're going to fall fucking short then forget about the line.

I hope they give Milestone characters good redesigns. There original character designs are kinda bad especially Hardware his design is the worst out of all of them.

Since they said DC Superhero Girls they probably want young readers as in kids.

This is shit bait. Apply yourself.

I'm sure a lot of boys love DC Superhero Girls.
I'm sure they love to play with the dolls and will cosplay as Harley Quinn for Halloween.

Sadly, HB and YA are just as bad as rebirth. You forgot Wildstorm, which is the better imprint.

Flintstones was the only good thing to come out of HB so far. Mother Panic, Cave Carson have been dumpster thrash. Doom Patrol and Shade have been nothing special either.

>Past attempt
Which past attempt? Superhero girls was their best selling trade.

Reading comprehension son, do you have it?

It's a partially creator owned superhero imprint. The creators will have rights like Robinson's Starman and Ennis' Hitman. That might prompt them to give more fucks while writing, which is what's been missing in the big two since they know that work for hire won't do them any big favours compared to Image and other creator owned work.

>Who cares about Doomsday Clock
A whole lot of fucking people care, dumbass. You can it doesn't matter but the truth is that this will probably fly off the shelves. Get ready to be butt bothered.

Hyperbole doesn't help your argument.

You haven't bothered to answer anything and are just saying stuff out of your ass. Kids GNs like Superhero girls and all that Raina Telgemier stuff is selling well nowadays.

Like I said DC's past ventures into making comic book material aimed towards kids usually never take off and they end up abandoning them.
When I say past I don't mean just a fews years ago I mean in further than that.
Marvel has done the same.
DC Superhero Girls is not aimed at kids a whole it's aimed at girls and in a way is a different story with a similar narrative.

>YA is more DCSGH shit
I mean, sure it was a success but I want non-girly shit.

>Greg Pak
Is he coming back to DC? Like I said, if Yang ever leaves he's my go to to write Kenan.

Might be a bit hard if they're gonna limit themselves to black creators I mean by god there are people on plebbit who's hyped that fucking Hudlin is on that line-up,

I doubt they'll be able to woo Coates there considering the rumors he's being given Captain America after Waid preps it for him.

fuck that book was surprisingly neat, was Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam as good? Kid Black Adam looked fucking lame.

Uh, wrong. HB and Young Animal are both good

You're the only one who seems butt bothered, buddy

Oh shit, YJ is coming back on the DC streaming service.

I hope Rocket and Icon and Static and co. get plenty of focus there, and maybe get some new readers so the brand/imprint doesn't die.

Coates is neither good, nor famous enough to sell comics on his name.

Fuck off, dark matter looks great

he's not good nor that famous but Marvel managed to drum up some interests by getting pseudo-famous black writer to write for comics. Maybe DC can do the same thing? Who's a famous black guy they can get?

It was announced like 3 years back but then McDuffie's wife sued because they reformed the company cutting out any money that would go to McDuffie's family.

>I mean in further than that.
Examples faggot, do you have them. And market has changed a lot since 20 billion years ago.