ITT: non-Sup Forums properties in need of a Sup Forums adaptation, and whether comic or cartoon is better...

ITT: non-Sup Forums properties in need of a Sup Forums adaptation, and whether comic or cartoon is better. I'd pay good money for a comic of MtG, especially if they can get Guay/Nielsen on pencils.

keep it weaboo free

Bump of interest

Would love to see a Warcraft/WoW cartoon.
Maybe they should make an alternative storyline or at least characters we don't know from games or books/comics the main character so we won't know the plot and story from the start etc.

>seeing bolas in his full glory kicking the shit out of the gatewatch

kino

No thanks. Magic lore has been gay shit for almost 25 years now.

>hating on based Koth

The Elder Scrolls might make for a decent series.

You got a lot of stuff to work with, especially outside of the game events.

For more pussyfooted studios, you could even focus more on the mystery aspects of the games and downplay the violence and fighting in exchange for SCHIZOPHRENIC-EST LORE!

>tfw hate the gatewatch
>tfw hate bolas more
Resurrect Urza in Dominaria as a villain.

I would not be against a western cartoon of MtG, there would be good styles that could complement the setting, one that quickly comes to mind is from Avatar TLAB, it clearly has anime influence in some character designs, but that is not really my focus, what really works is that most of it is fantasy and still has a very grounded feel to it, just like magic. Obviosuly tthere can hardly be someone that could pull off animating a John Avon plains with a Terese Nielsen eternal witness, but one can hope.

ANIMORPHS COMIC WHEN

Do we really need 20+ episodes of Jace smugly moping around Ravnica? Because that's what it would be.

And good lord the shipping would be dire.

needs to be given a high budget cartoon mini series.

Don't you mean Jace smugly taking to the high seas?

I actually find it really hilarious that by the time people start getting that Jace is nothing like his flavor text quotes his amnesia gives rise to the smuggest and most upbeat telepath in the multiverse.

Nico Bolas-Mark Hamil

Liliana- Grey Delisle

Chandra- Ashley Johnson

I can't think of who would voice Gideon, Jace or Nisa.

literally who

Jace: Dante Basco

Gideon: Josh Keaton

Nissa: Who cares, she says like one thing. Some intern can do it.

Sorin: Graham McTavish

Elspeth? Ajani? Ajani should be in it, he's the best neowalker.

>Ajani should be in it, he's the best neowalker.
Is he literally the only character since Umezawa to get one up on Bolas?

I've always wanted a Super Smash Bros cartoon.

Would give my left nut for a good Parasite Eve comic

Jace- Greg Cipes

Nissa- Princess Allura's VA

Early MtG lore was solid pulp fantasy. Brother's War was great and most of the story of Weatherlight Saga including Urza's Saga flashback was good as well. OG Ravnica felt very Discworld-ish which I appreciated. Onslaught Block was cool too.

Most of the stuff after Shadowmoor was trash though. Worldbuilding was still pretty great up until RtR (Innistrad, Zendikar, and Scars were all great in terms of cast of characters and setting) and then once Kahns hit every single thing about the lore became awful.

Technically Ugin managed to secretly survive his battle with Bolas through an elaborate time travel ruse.

Don't forget about strong independent PoC female numbers 23 from Amonkhet block.

Also you could argue that Sarkhan/Ugin 'got one up' on Bolas during the events of FRF.

>Nissa- Princess Allura's VA
>"I believe in you, planeswalkers! Form Gatewatch and gas non-elves!"

I must admit, even if Gatewatch is pure cancer, I kind of want to see some animated shorts of Gideon's daily life.

>Jace is talking again
>oh he's introducing a lady?
>hmm well she's a psychopath
>and clearly evil
>and selfish
>and possibly trying to manipulate him
>and he wants to let her in the club
>shit this is some kind of betaboy crush isn't it
>sigh
>I can't in good conscience cockblock a bro
>it's not like she can fuck things up that bad
>right?

But there have been comics, user. One relatively recently, too.

I never understood the hate for Gatewatch. The only one I dislike is Nissa but that's because she's boring compared to everyone else.

>YWN get a Xavier-type show where each episode is one of the 36 lessons of Vivec

any Diane Whynne Jones

Drowtales daydream.

Drow elves space opera with some logh inspirations.

>Drowtales Anything being unleashed upon the world
Please no.

They've been around for way, way too long for as mediocre as they are as characters.

Most Magic characters have been around for way, way too long.

There used to be an MtG comic by IDW that came with promos.

OMG Magic is infested with feminism and SJW bullshit despite having the core audience close to 95% males.

Why is it Businesses always bend the knee to Political Correctness?

Like literally no more warrior princesses with big boobs in bikini armors with SoulCleaver sword/axe shit.

I hate to disappoint you user, but they did. They were horrible. Any modern iteration is just going to be worse.

Oh fuck off, Samut never even saw Bolas.