What went wrong?

What went wrong?

conservatives shouldn't care

it wasn't low ratings because of anti-trump its because everyone was watching it on a stream rather than abc network

and also because jimmy kimmel was unfunny

Thinking that anyone cares what a bunch of rich coke whores have to say about society.

Trump never loses. Don't you lefties understand yet? Guess they need to get another ass whooping in 2020 when /ourguy/ wins again.

The demographic that was interested in the Oscars became disillusioned with the current state of American cinema which mostly just shits out 3000 superhero movies a year.

i doubt politics played a big role. these long padded out shows are like dinosaurs in the internet age.

Most people don’t want to watch insufferable faggots suck each other’s dicks for 4 hours. Also the movies this year were really, really horrible. Maybe the worst year for movies since the 1930s

>pretend it's about politics
>its actually about the fact 2017 was a shit year for movies

What DID they mean by this?

Conservatives wet their pants if the wind blows too much.

sheer arrogance and forced leftist agenda.

Why are rightards so salty over outspoken liberals in Hollywood? Are they just butthurt because they’re thirsty as fuck for validation from celebrities but the best they can get is Stephen Baldwin, Charlie Daniels, and Chuck Norris?

>ratings disaster
>a bunch of rich hypocrite ppl get together to suck each other dicks
>expecting people to enjoy that for years

not even liberals can't watch this shit, glad Del Thicc won, Deakins, Rockwell and Frances deserved as well but shit, i'm not gonna watch this cringy corny shit forever, people have to live outside...but of course The Washington Post can't face reality.

Conservatives are truly evil people

Is this satire or do you actually talk like a walking parody of a "praise kek" redditor?

IT'S THE RUSSIANS

Conservatives need to rot in hell with all the other racist bigoted assholes on earth

They shouldn't have let Jimmy Kimmel do the opening speech he did, he basically said "if there's any political bullshit that the actors are going to pull, we're totally going to let them do it" and everyone who was sick of that shit just tuned out.

They had good ideas in doing that armed forces montage but it was way too late in the show.

They hacked our ratings!

DEY HACKED OUR RATINGS

Now say that again without crying

I keep hearing this but I'm not buying it when views from streams can be counted and added to the total

Best part last night was the montage of films from the past with the interstellar theme and Lawrence of Arabia theme. Why? Because it was about the movies and nothing else.

>Thinking that anyone cares what a bunch of rich perverted coke whore egotistical and cowardly degenerates have to say about society.
ftfy

ITS THE FUCKING RUSSIAN! WAKE UP GOYIM!

shooting at the oscars when? bombing at the oscars when? get your priorities straight ,mudslimes and crazyfags

based pede

Hivemind

burn it all

blyat, shut up stoopid americna

if you haven't caught on to people false flagging as the_donald posters yet you might be retarded.

>Most people don’t want to watch faggots suck each other’s dicks for 4 hours.
speak for yourself hombre

>Nobody is watching a pretentious, five hour long Hollywood circlejerk on tv anymore when they have so many other options and they’ll just see the 10 minutes worth watching the next day on YouTube anyway

Imagine being so deep down the rabbit hole you think this has anything to do with politics or Jimmy Kimmel being mean to le based Trump

>False flagging

Sure.

I wouldn’t consider myself a conservative but I wouldn’t have watched this thing if you put a cannon to my head.
These are adults who get paid millions to play dress up for a living yet make it a point to shoehorn their beliefs into their speeches like we should give them more credence than the average person.

And that’s fine; if I were in that position I would probably do the same. But the whole thing smacks of hypocrisy and self-important stupidity when they decry the very things they were silent about for so many decades.

Or is this just one huge psyop

>They had good ideas in doing that armed forces montage
Except images of all-white heroism and valor kind of clashed with the "straight white males need to fucking die" message being pushed

rent free

That's because for the past several years the political angle has been the highest priority of the entertainment industry.

>anti-trump

More like anti-white people.

BASED

Nigga I'm PRO TRUMP and this is the first oscars I've ever watched. But I watched online you dumb alt-left retards. Keep losing faggots

Norm Macdonald

>m-muh stream!

I DONT WANT POLITICS IN MY ALREADY SHITTY AWARDS SHOWS!!!!! JUST CLAP AT YOURSELVES FOR BEING GOOD AT PRETENDING YOUR GAY IN FRONT OF A CAMERA

oscars have been losing viewers year after year, has nothing to do with politics, people are cutting the cord

Boy, you straight retarded. 7 million people dropped off from last year. That's a huge leap considering it's been a 1.5-2 mill annual dwindle.

citation needed

Oh wow, THE Norm McDonald?

WP is CIA

They're trying to get Dems and Repubs ot fight so people overlook the real shit that goes on

That article is fine though. I don't think the author put their opinion in it at all.

Is....is that a real shirt somewhere? :(

I voted for Hilary and im delighted because i love movies. And i can't stand that I can't enjoy them any more because of stupid partisan politics shit

Too many mexicans

You’re right. Clearly it’s because all the unemployed coal miners, basement dwelling frog Nazis, obese housewives named Peggy or Helen, and racist retirees got tired of mean old Hollywood picking on daddy Trump.

Nobody even watches cable, and this #metoo shit certainly isn't going to attract ANYONE. I seriously hope none of you actually pay 79.99 + tip for this dog shit anymore.

People are getting fed up with politics being tird to fucking everything. They jist choose to steer clear from all the circle jerk events like the Oscars are.

>Conservatives are delighted = riles up Dems
>mentions Anti-Trump = riles up Repubs

The heading is what people take away from stories today

it's just weird and unwatchable

like it's supposed to be an industry event for professionals and awarding success

imagine any other industry just whining about drump and politics

And that's a good thing

To be fair, with a heading like that, at I know not to read the article. It's nice that we live in an age where the morons make it clear they are morons in their titles.

>the trans actor and the foreign spics refused to shit on trump or even shill homoshit

Literally the only ones that remembered this was about movies and not shilling their own politics

Too much attention on Grinding Nemo.

*at least

>imagine any other industry just whining about drump and politics
the nba actually forces it occasionally

excuse me?

Weird how the people who are sick of politics being shoved into everything don’t seem to mind the national anthem being performed before every sport event in the country and are usually the same people who throw a fit over Starbucks cups not saying merry Christmas anymore.

Those things aren't inherently political. Every country has a national anthem.

maybe if you academy cunts would stop forcing political correctness, metoo and all that other crap in a ceremony celebrating MOVIES

then idk. maybe views would get better.

I think he means people are getting sick of anti-american/anti-white subversive politics being inserted into everything.

>Why are rightards so salty over outspoken liberals in Hollywood?

Who declared the entertainment industry as the one to dictate morality in society? Since when did fucking actors of all things become priests?

>what went wrong?
>insert political narrative here*
Or you know it is actually because it was the worst year of movies in the last 40 years. I know I didn't watch nor anyone I know because we didn't care about a single nominee.

Your meme doesn't hide your old age, grandpa

They don't count streams because the ad money is tiny. This literally just people cutting cable.

you feel superior hating your own country? a global citizen like you must be so much smarter than the local dullards.

The Republic of Commiefornia is gonna have the best anthem

it's more about being spoken down to by fucking actors who pretend the world would be completely different if hillary won

Haha yeah, right

>the national anthem being performed at the start of isn’t inherently political

Hurr durr it’s not becuase of politics

Hmm idk I used to religiously watch the Oscar and even kept autistic counts of which movie got how many etc. even Schindler’s list was in my top 2 of all time.

Now I can’t watch any of it. I can barely stand to watch anything it’s so full of political narrative I just can’t take it anymore.

I don’t want to be lied to 24x7
>white people evil
>men dumb
>women strong
>women smart
>blacks are heroic and smart
>whites are fat and dumb
>cis men bad

It’s just a distortion of reality 24x7 and I refuse to consume it.

Even my normie wife wouldn’t watch it anymore, instead she watched friends reruns

I didn't see any of the shit that won.

How is it? We're all citizens of the same country, whichever side we're on. If you just hate the country being represented or honored in any way across the board, you're the one with the political agenda.

It's due to a lot more factors than just politics, but I can't imagine they help at all.

I actually pay 80 for Internet and cable because I still like it and watch alot of sports. What's it like being poor? Do you have to give up certain things every now and then to make ends meet? Just curious.

Also keep in mind that the NRA just got 500,000 new members in February.

Those are the people that actually registered and paid as new members. Include the people that were pissed off but didn’t actually register.

To claim hat the oscars being down 6 million people simply cause of people no longer watch tv is silly.

Hollywood is unabashedly liberal and we are nearing a hot culture war.

Honestly it just sounds like you’re mad because people with a bigger platform than yours have opinions you don’t like.

>we are all citizens of the same country
No we aren’t.. perhaps we are citizens but we no longer have any connection to one another

The right and left have irreconcilable differences at this point. The right is starting to believe that the left can no longer be reasoned with and the only solution is to fight one another... personally I would support a peaceful separation.

>you feel superior hating your own country?
Yeah
>a global citizen like you must be so much smarter than the local dullards.
I am

Yes, there was easily double, triple, quadruple, maybe even quintuple the viewers on stream h-haha

I stop caring about the oscars because it's just the media talking down to people through celebrities. it's one political movements after another, gets old.

It’s why we arent watching it anymore

Liberals have a hard time seeing sarcasm that's why you need to add an ";)" or "/s"

>personally I would support a peaceful separation.
And I think most on the right would be okay with that compromise. The left, on the other hand...

No more big stars. Literal who? Oscars. Eddie Vedder showed everyone what emotion is. Frances Mcdormands pussy has got to have cobwebs. Dave chappelle cant speak english. Warren beatty looks like Alf.

>global citizen
So you want to live like the avg global person does huh?

people don't see movies any more because A) they do not trust the media industry B) they feel disconnect from the elites that run the media C) the overall quality of film is going down regardless of what anyone says...oscar worthy movies feel like an event, most everything else really is fast food pablum for the mind D) movies are expensive...if this were any other board the overwhelming vast majority would say 'hell no, i won't use movie pass, and movies are now a special occasion thing' i.e. a tool for dating or a treat for oneself D) there's disconnect on the media's side--for people that suffered from Clinton through to now who should they root for? the lobby that admonishes them about their own existence (reconsider being white or heterosexual or religious or conservative or patriotic) or the side that courts them?

I hate this

>peaceful separation

Impossible. The right needs tech, so they need the left. The left needs food, so they need the right.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

Yeah the left is insane and want war. They mistakenly think the military will support them.. honestly they are insane.

Hey leftists do you have any idea how easy it is to destroy the electric grid and stop the flow of food? Do you really want no power and no food? Is this what you want?

You are pushing for a war and it’s going to not turn out in your favor.

I'm not really delighted because I'd rather there not be such political division over something so trivial.

We can trade.. we no longer should be forced together