As a monster movie it's actually fine

As a monster movie it's actually fine.
As a Godzilla movie it's legit probably in the best 5 Godzilla films despite Zilla clearly isn't Godzilla and is just a giant velociraptor. It's also legit a better Godzilla movie than 2016.

>Actually about scientists
>Scientists are kind of wacky goofballs
>Scientists do wacky goofball shit to try stop Godzilla
>Shit clearly doesn't work
>Scientists get stuck while Godzila wrecks shit around them.

How is that not a Godzilla movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=AJSfVZgKDOw

youtube.com/watch?v=nYT3TdYYHkU

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0ED9BB-VA
Reminder this is actually the quality of writing in most of the Japanese Godzilla films.

Godzilla 98 is a letdown in that Zilla is clearly not Godzilla, but it's an okay monster movie and it being this horrid piece of shit is pretty much just a meme. I would rather watch 98 than 16

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>It's also legit a better Godzilla movie than 2016.

>Zilla clearly isn't Godzilla and is just a giant velociraptor
That's mostly it. At least it had memorable characters unlike 14

This movie is great, fuck the haters

>2016
>See Godzilla legitimately on screen in full for about 1 minute.
>Just follows generic marine trying to get back to family who always have their phone turned off for no reason.

98 was seriously imo one of the best
he(she) got more screen time than even 2016 which matters a lot.

It satisfied as a child. Also Maria cemented appreciation for curly hair and smaller boobs.

>As a Godzilla movie it's legit probably in the best 5 Godzilla films
>what is Godzilla vs. Biollante
>what is The Return of Godzilla
>what is Godzilla (1954)
t. soyboy

You mean Godzilla 2014?

There are actually only 3 good Godzilla films.
1954, 1984 and Shin Godzilla.

Shin Godzilla is easily the best Godzilla film and actually probably one of the best movies of 2016/2017

>memorable characters
only because they were obnoxious

Do you mean Shin Godzilla or US Godzilla.
US Godzilla came out in 2014. Shin technically in 2016 but 2017 everywhere else.

Edwards Godzilla was fucking awful. I legit almost walked out of the cinema in tears from disappointment

>TFW the trailer is 1000x more Kino than the actual film
>youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw

>1984
>Not Hedorah or Mothra vs Godzilla

I didn't read your post but I think it's a decent movie.
Good score, action is coherent, cast is likeable. Only assblasted faggots have biased hate towards it, when a fraction of them will hate to admit they loved it when they were younger. The plot is fine, moves along at a brisk pace and romance doesn't have cliches. Sfx holds up for the most part.
The biggest gripe is the fact that it's so far from being "Godzilla".
Mutated lizard from nukes? Check
Terrorizes city? Check
Emerges from water? Check
Lays eggs? Umm (even though fucking minia onion ugly fuck came from somewhere and godzilla jr) but it's still strange
Cool design but no longer like Godzilla.

Shin Godzilla was very different from the norm but it was still familiar despite shooting beams from its back and tail, and transforming.

So problem is that it's a really strange Godzilla movie. That aside, it's enjoyable. A monster from the deep sea or something.

More than half the fucking Godzilla movies are full of retarded goofy shit and boring plots. "It's ok it's cheesy!!!" You'll be told. Sure you can enjoy them but a lot are objectively ridiculous and childish.

>I would rather watch 98 than 16

Lmao fucking kill yourself faggot

Now I read your post OP and it's exactly what I wrote. Whoops.
Still, point remains.
I' agree, I'd say those are the 3 best objectively good films imo
Then there's another tier of Godzilla movies that are pretty cool.
Like Godzilla vs Mothra, Biollante. Etc
Then the rest fall into "bad or stupid cheesy but fine. Fun. Childish.".
Then lastly, "bad. Downright bad".

Out of my way, best Zilla coming through

It legit was a generic '00 generic fantasy disaster movies like Reign of Fire and had nothing to do with Godzilla.

This is probably my first post on Sup Forums in years, but fuck me if your post wasn't so goddamn right I had to rise out of the ocean and level Tokyo to respond to it.

Whenever I think of Godzilla I think of the 1998 Godzilla rather than the shithouse finger puppets adored by "fans" who pretend to like "classic" Japanese Godzilla movies because they're afraid of being shunned by the anime club.

because you are the much loathed "wider audience" that ruins everything

>hating on Reign of Fire
Fuck off, faggot.

And proud of it, virgin. Not that there really was that much to ruin in the first place. The lighthearted themes of the 1998 Godzilla are not significantly more simple than the inch deep hot take on atomic weapons in the first flick.

this is the dumbest post ive read all night, congratulations

>muh Jurassic Park wannabe that was rejected by almost everyone is axtualli goad