Should Talia and Bane turn best friends in the comics like they were in the movies?

Should Talia and Bane turn best friends in the comics like they were in the movies?

No
Bane has nothing to do with the League of Assassins.

I prefer Bane being friends with Barbara Gordon like in that one comic. It was an alt future or something?

Without movie Talia's and Bane's backstories it would be pointless.

That's not friendship that's lewd, their relationship in the movie was pure and precious.

Is like a bromance with a girl.

The Future's End where she got swole and had Steph, Cass, and Lucius Fox's granddaughter as a team of Batgirls.

hes a big guy

>should x be changed to be more like the movies?
The answer is always "no".

No, because Talia is a psycho mass murderer now thanks to Morrison, while Bane is a hero 90% of the time.

Mr freeze was changed in the comics to be like his cartoon counterpart, what made him a far better character.

Team of Batgirls needs to be a series.

I'll concede that. However I think in the long term, bringing over that story had a negative impact on his character in the comics, because though it really works in a cartoon where you have a couple of episodes over a long period of time telling a complete tragedy with a definitive ending, I don't think something like that translates to the comics which never end and need to keep bringing back Freeze every couple years.

It lessens the original, self-contained story when you've dragged out his continuing life to the point he's bringing back his wife as a crazy zombie and eventually retool him into a deranged stalker.

I think some characters are mean't to be used less than others, also many villains are better to move on with style. You can't use Thanos or Anti Monitor every year since they're supposed to be the "ultimate threat to the universe" but you can use Penguin every week since he's just an little asshole that don't care about getting his ass kicked

I think Mr freeze was not supposed to be a villain forever or at least return only a couple of times per decade because of some desperate cause, it would be better than turning him into a mindless thugh that would be so unpopular that DC would use him as cannon fodder in the next suicide squad comic.

I totally agree. I wish more cape writers would realize this.

You can bring back the Riddler all the time because his motivation is just making fucking riddles. Mr. Freeze has a character arc, and once that arc concludes there's no reason to ever see him again.

They should get married and move to a cheery Gotham suburb with their children.

Except it made him worse because even in BTAS it only worked as a single episode story.

Nothing is worse than another "bwahaha I'm a jerk" villain.

There are other options, but that's kind of the point. He'll never get a chance for someone to attempt something that that might have meaning outside of an origin story because the BTAS version is so well-liked. It has tainted him.

Depends on how entertaining they are. Not Sup Forums but in Nausicaa the manga version the main badguy was the Doric emperor and he was basically evil for the fuck of it.

But he was so fucking fun to watch for the few scenes he had. You wish you loved anything as much as he loved being evil. He was so affable and nonchalant about it all, instead of the dark foreboding badguys you see.

While everyone was serious and shit he was just having a good time, even when he got brought down he was pretty matter of fact about it, end cracked wise.

I think Mr. Freeze dying with the squad is the best thing they could do with the character these days.

They could then, you know, make a new villain if they want to try something new isntead of runing a damn good one.

4U

Lolwot

In Knightfall he was evil. Then he was hired muscle for Lex in NML. Then he got a redemption story where he was hunting his father and the story concluded with Bruce dropping a mortally wounded Bane in a lazerus pit to give him a clean slate. Then Bane shat all over his clean slate in Infinite Crisis by fighting for the Society. He started selling venom again at some point. He joined the Secret Six, and while that book explored his more redemptive qualities, I'd hardly call him a "hero". The book did end with him trying to kill Batman's allies after all. Then Flashpoint happened and I don't think SS is even canon anymore. He teamed up with Red Hood to fight St Dumas because their interests aligned and he wanted to drive them out of Santa Prisca. He was a criminal in Forever Evil and he killed some kid's mother. Then he had Psycho Pirate as a slave, tried to kill Bats (again), hung all the Robins, tried to kill a bunch of hostages etc. And now in Bane Conquest he's a criminal protagonist. I don't know why you'd say that Bane is heroic most of the time.

Also, every single cartoon, movie or video game depiction of his is evil too.

But Talia hates him in the comics because he is fucking animal