Star Wars Annual #3 (Sep 20)
Star Wars Adventures IDW (Sep 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

What is she, /swco/?

Best boy

Thanks for the relevant OP image my man, that makes my following survey of all the uniformed Rebel and Rebel aligned combatants seen in Star Wars all the more timely.

I won't be covering groups previously discussed during the Clone Wars or which are irregulars, so this leaves out the Mandalorian Protectors and Saw's Partisans.

Before I do that though, I missed a Republic trooper: Alderaanian Guards from TCW. The signature clamshell helmet shows their provenance.

Anyone knows how to get the sound that Separatist cruisers make in Clone wars?
I know its base is heavily distorted ship fog horn.

These crewmen are seen throughout the fleet in Star Wars Rebels. I think their design is rather silly, though the corduroy jacket looks comfy. Interestingly, these are actually derived from early concepts by Joe Johnston and Nilo Rodis-Jamero for the Imperial Biker Scouts in Return of the Jedi. Nothing ever goes to waste in ILM, if they can help it.

First for Rey is best waifu

>Nothing ever goes to waste in ILM, if they can help it.
Which is great because there's a lot of really good stuff that goes unused. I still hope the concept art for Jakku can find new life somewhere.

uwu what is this

Hopefully the leaks on my imperialfu are wrong and she becomes a tripple agent

Can't find a good picture, but the Alderaanian Honor Guard are seen in Battlefront being badasses (I hope they appear in BF2) when a Leia hero spawns. They actually appear in ANH as well during the Throne Room scene at the end, but there they just hold up some staff things instead of doing anything cool.

The classic bright orange Rebel Pilot outfit, most commonly associated with X-wings (the helmet particularly) and occasionally Y-wings.

Blue Squadron of Rogue One used the same outfit in a stylist navy blue.

So I'm trying to figure out a 'trilogy' for every era of the EU as a way of quickly reading all the important stuff I haven't gotten into yet (mostly post Thrawn Trilogy). What I mean by trilogy is taking the important stories that can easily be read immediately after other important stories with no series in between. For example like how you can easily understand Thrawn Trilogy right after ROTJ even if you haven't read the X-Wing books. What would you change about this list? Also let me just point out that I fucking love canon so please don't get butthurt and reply with stupid shitpost arguments please dear fucking god I just want to have one normal conversation about the EU without some autist reeeee-ing.
>Dawn of the Jedi
>Tales of the Jedi
>KOTOR comic
>KOTOR 1
>KOTOR 2
>Bane Trilogy
>The Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Clones
>Revenge of the Sith
>A New Hope
>Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi
>Heir to the Empire
>Dark Force Rising
>The Last Command
>Hand of Thrawn (Are these important?)
>Union (Fuck it, Luke getting married is important in my book)
>New Jedi Order
>Legacy of the Force

Also I just had to do like 30 captchas to post this Jesus fucking Christ.

An alien.

>he doesn't use legacy captcha

Shit taste there, friendo.

The half-helmet and green flightsuit seen most frequently with A-wing squadrons, though in Star Wars Rebels a variety of helms and suit colors are used for Phoenix Squadron.

>everyone in the audience is enjoying TFA, noisily eating pop corn, shifting around in their seats, basically making some noise but not enough to be a distraction or anything
>Snoke shouts "GENERAL!!!!!!!!!"
>audience goes dead silent and nearly shits their pants
Did this happen to anyone else?

My theater only clapped and laughed at kylo's face

No. Both times I saw it I didn't notice any particular reaction to Snoke.

While I covered Cham Syndulla's Freedom Fighters in TCW, they are now semi-uniformed guerillas who use Clone Wars surplus. While Lucasfilm made the decision to liken Ryloth to France, particularly Vichy France under Imperial Occupation, the resistance movement during World War II in France was very minimal. Now Italian partisans with their famous scarves, they remind me of the Twi'leks. I bet Cham can't wait to string up space Mussolini.

>Saw it opening night at a sold out show in Manhattan.
>cheer for “A Long Time Ago....”
>cheer for the opening crawl
>cheer for falcon
>cheer for Han and Chewie ntro
>soft chuckle for 12 parsecs line
>soft applause for Leia intro
>soft laughs at C-3PO’s red arm line
>soft murmurs for when B.B.-8 discovers R2
>cheer for Rey grabbing the saber with the force
>cheer for Luke

Overall 10/10 experience. The crowd was really into it.

I don't know which body part I'd love to be forced and pressed up against the most

Phase I or Phase II Clonetrooper armor?

B-wing pilot's flightsuit. I really appreciated Star Wars Insider's short stories revolving around Blade Squadron. Quality drama and action and it gives B-wings the respect they deserve, they get to blow away TIEs with the best of em.

Phase II all the way.

So was Chirrut force sensitive?

NEVER FORGET THE SATO

He died for YOU

He could sense it, but he wasn't a Jedi

>watching with other people at a cinema

Now is as good a time as any to post the standard Rebel Officer dress uniform. Perhaps it might be naval related, because the other main officer class we see is Alderaanian derived, according to the Rogue One Visual Guide.

honorabru bushido samurai ruruoni kenshiro kamikaze banzai famiry

Rey technical is an alien.

Though not all Rebel officers are Alderaanian obviously, ROVG tells us that a white great-coat is an Alderaanian custom, though Dodonna isn't seen wearing it when he appears in Zero Hour. The rest of these are the field uniforms. Colonel Delto wears the same padded coat as General Rieekan.

Is there going to be anything on houseordo tonight?

>Forcing everything into "trilogies"

I mean i get why you would want to but you are missing out on a lot of quality comics. Other then that its a good list of trilogies.

The big-chinned full-helm of a Y-wing pilot of Grey Squadron. A few A-wing pilots also use it in Star Wars rebels. It'd be nice if you could customize your pilot in Battlefront 2 instead of being lumped into the same generic X-wing pilot for every ship.

The unsung heroes of the Rebel Alliance, the boiler-suited, US-navy style clamshell helmet wearing Rebel Technician is needed to do all the dirty boring work needed to keep the Rebellion in ship-shape.

Her ass is love user, her ass is life.

To be fair, he doesn't always wear it in ANH either

The standardized and versatile battle fatigues of Rebel troopers are easily adapated to the camouflage of any environment. I've recently come to greatly appreciate these guys, the SAS WWII paratrooper style half-helmet works great (and makes Leia cuter).

they're literally the same except for the helmet

One of the few positives of the first Battlefront was the wholly original canon content it brought about, such as its portrayal of Sullust where you find the Magma Rebels, who wear this orange padded 1970s clothing to protect against lava. If you disagree with that logic, you're ill-suited to the enjoyment of Star Wars. I'll be really bummed if Sullust doesn't wind up in BF2, those were the best maps.

>If you disagree with that logic, you're ill-suited to the enjoyment of Star Wars

Only a faggot deals in absolutes.

I'm not trolling here - is George genuinely autistic?

>Has Greedo shoot Han first because Han shooting first supposedly made him look like a "cold-blooded killer", even though Han was acting in self-defense since Greedo was pointing a gun in his face
>Replaces Lapti Nek, a fitting song for a crimelord den, with the Jedi Rocks song-and-dance number, where Pixar-esque characters open their mouths up on the camera to reveal CGI phlegm for some reason
>Has Vader shout "NO... NOOOO!" as he kills Sheev, as if the audience couldn't figure out what he was going to do already
>Jar Jar Binks
>"Romantic" dialogue in Attack of the Clones known for lacking any human emotion
>Main protagonist of the prequels, Anakin, is like Elliot Roger-in-space

Rebel girls are F L A T

Of course he's autistic, but so are all of us here, thats why I can't hate him.

I don't hate him either. He seems like a kind and generous man in interviews, despite Reddit nerds trying to paint him as Satan.

>is George genuinely autistic?

Uh, yeah? How fucking new are you?

Have any summaries of the POV stories come out yet? I saw on Twitter that some people got their copies already.

Unironic answer; Yes.

But not for any of those meme shitposty reasons you mentioned. He just genuinelly seems autistically intricately invested in the stuff he makes. I confirmed my suspicions when I was watching an interview of him with Kathleen Kennedy, and Kathleen was explaining the the interviewer that Star Wars is about "normal people overcoming big evil empires" and all that generic shit, and George interrupts her to go on a huge tyrade where he basically gave an explanation about the political climate of the prequel trilogy.

Kathleen just kinda nodded her head and said; "... Well there you have it" or something, And i just thought to myself how autistic George must be to be like that.

I love the guy.

Sounds like you're autistic for giving this much of a fuck about a children's movie

>not trolling
>Sup Forums talking points
>Sup Forums image
I mean you're not wrong he probably does have some level of autism or asperger's or something

I used to think the Rebel Fleet troopers (Alderaan troopers?) were totally silly (though I was always sad they got btfo at the opening of ANH), and used to be annoyed when they were the standardized Rebel trooper in early video games (how the hell did none of those devs ever remember the Endor Strike team?) but now I feel they can be quite badass, in part thanks to seeing them take names and look cool during the Battlefront Death Star DLC, and in Rogue One, though again I felt their slaughter overly gratuitous and unnecessary. The Vader hallway scene is pure anti-kino memeing, and I don't like it one bit.

The Mon Calamari are the bulwark of the Rebellion, the Great Arsenal of Democracy. My only regret is that they are never seen in ground engagements, only the Water War of the Clone Wars and commanding fleets from their flagships.
RADDUS IS ALIVE I FELT IT

>I felt their slaughter overly gratuitous and unnecessary. The Vader hallway scene is pure anti-kino memeing, and I don't like it one bit.
You have to be kidding my nigga

as a kid I always thought these guys looked like an army of Han Solos in silly hats

Fuck off.

>filename

You guys following the rules here?

The Rebel pilots at Echo Base wear heavy insulated flight suits for the cold of Hoth, very similar but not identical to X-wing suits.

Yeah that was exactly my impression too, but I've come to a newfound respect for them.

Sorry friend, that's my honest opinion, I didn't like it one bit, it was just salt in the wound on an already cluttered movie.

Congratulations! You got yourself caught! What's the next step of your master swim?
Crashing this trawler...with no survivors.

And then she got her revenge by completely ruining starwars with idiotic feminism.

The prequels are great. I don't care if George has ...............the gift.

I hate disney.

You don't deserve those trips, fuck off Fox

I didn't read that new Phasma comic or novel, anything important revealed in them?

Rebel NCOs are seen in khaki-and-olive fatigues and forage caps throughout the original trilogy, but never to any fanfare, even though there's actually Rebel Fanfare playing in this scene. I do not recall seeing them in Rogue One though they may appear in the background.

Actual character development for a character that had none.

Comic also shows how she survived TFA, and is the first post-TFA content

Not really Post-TFA, more like during-TFA.

why do they make the poor technicians wear those silly hats

Rebel Pathfinder spec-ops helped make memes real.
>watch Rogue One
>It Ain't Sheev starts playing

The first issue is concurrent with TFA. The second through fourth are post TFA.

Mon Mothma's liaison Erskin Semaj, next to Gold Leader Jon Vander. I'm not sure precisely what this uniform indicates, I do not recall his briefing.

By the way if anybody can remember any special uniformed Rebel or Rebel-aligned combatants from the comic books, please feel free to illuminate me, I cannot remember any original designs introduced there that do not appear elsewhere in films, shows, or video games. Or for that matter any Rebel trooper types from canon I forgot in general.

World War II visual homage for verisimilitude, check out the US navy flak helmets of the period.

The second is like mere hours after the first.

A brief interlude in my Alliance Military chronicle, I wanted to show off the Mk 2 Navy Talker helmet, so named because it permitted the use of a radio headset within it. Some of these were lifted as is and repainted and decorated with a few greebles for Star Wars, but I think the Rebel fleet trooper's longer clamshell helmets were specially cast for the film in a similar style.

It's still after TFA.

TFA doesn't end at Starkiller Base, though.

Continuing interlude, I wanted to post the lyrics someone from this general made a while back. At least I think it was these threads, though it could have come from Sup Forums or Sup Forums if I'm mistaken.

One last non-trooper picture before continuing the Rebels. Mel from Mel's Miniatures found this First Order transport which also appears in the recent Poe Dameron comics when they were hijacking the fuel.

>being this fucking annoying
It was announced as post-TFA officially.

And back to the Rebellion and her allies. Mandalorians of Clan Wren are assisting the Alliance in their attempt to wrest control of their system back from the Empire, but I have a bad feeling that nasty horrific tesla-disintegrator-walker is going to make it hard for us to get the happy ending we so richly deserve after the recent bleakness and cynicism emanating from the franchise.

It was from here, I remember it

Oh shit

Alright, which one of you did it?

How can you read that crap?

The Dressellian commandos (the poorly named "Pruneface"), seen in the rebel briefing aboard Home One before presumably being sent on the mission to Endor, and recently given a bit of respect in the Moving Target junior novel from 2015 as part of the journey to the Force Awakens.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Yep that's the one, I think I missed it when I covered the vehicles of The Force Awakens.

It's such a beautiful design

I actually like Star Wars.

That Finn is cute. He looks like a Peanuts character.

>I actually like Star Wars.

Desert troopers seen on Tatooine and Jakku wear repurposed A/B-wing helmets. I always thought the black female from BF2015 looked best in the desert outfit. I'm not sure if that's a racist stereotype.

>they didn't give the gonk a gun

Yes, Mr. ISB.

We’re behaving.

(Post more Ridley, guys.)

Thats a Jawa city in the background, previously only existing in unused Ralph Mcquarrie art.

It's like a sandnigger Shire on a cliff

Stop replying to blatantly obvious bait you fucking retard.

>arming the gonk

What about rey?do you find her cute?

So Rey still trains with a staff while on the island, according to the recent released set pictures.

This gives me hope that we'll have our first dual-bladed saber protagonist in the franchise.

Everyone else I know seems to like the cold-weather Rebel soldiers seen at Echo Base the best, but I personally find them the most boring. I'm a bit glad they seem to be confined to that one snow planet for the time being, because I don't really care about them, but maybe that's just me being contrarian. They're not bad, they just never interested me.

>implying they didn't\
Look at that little spigot out front that's clearly an M129 40mm automatic grenade launcher as seen on the Chinook helicopter and AH-1 Cobra.

You're right, the map is called Jawa Refuge. I keep thinking "wow this would be a cool place to visit and/or live" and then remember that Jawas are stinky little munchkin rodents who probably shit where they eat. I'd probably rather swim in the Ganges than spend time in that """"""""""refuge"""""""""".

Hoping the ISB Party Van rolls up

I'm pretty sure Bastila counts as a protagionist