Why do people act like this fat faggot is some kind of great director when all of his movies are so boring with the...

Why do people act like this fat faggot is some kind of great director when all of his movies are so boring with the same dull, de-saturated color scheme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XVO6TmBXgH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

some people just have trouble appreciating greatness

He makes pretty good dumb action movies

the second one one the top row is the only good one

>everything's either murky blue or grey, rainy day

Yeah, real great visuals there.

because the pale man is thriving right now

>Shape of Water
>everything looks like it's underwater
wow

stick to marvel capeshit and to transformers movies kid.

del toros movies are obviously too complex for you

The state of OP

knowing that del toro lowered himself to make capeshit is just depressing

Is this OP? Cause these pics are making wanna go watch some Del Toro movies right now.

>White man bad
>man is the real monster

Yeah, real deep.

>DUUUUUUUUDE
>MAKE EVERYTHING BLUE!

>Make everything blue and in low light

BRILLIANT!

Don't you mean saturated? How can I take your post seriously if you get his trademark wrong?

Oh now I see why it win an Oscar
Half those images are filled with self jerking Hollywood shit

If I d-dont get my thtapler back.. i-i'll just have to thet the building on fire

does anyone remember Mimic?

Crimson Peak was much more kino than Shape of Water.

>DUDE! DIM LIGHTING!

>dude incest lmao
But it was just as degenerate. Bravo del Cuckold

I think zoophilia is waaay more degenerate that incest.

Kino stuff dawg. Was tight shit back in the dizzay.

>tfw your favorite modern director wins BP and Best Director

mainstream pleb

Is el goblino taco rustling pol jimmies? The man makes sweet films. Got oscar. Rightards btfod.

He hakes glorified capeshit for fanboy retards.

Shut up faggot. Oh now he's won an Oscar and liking him makes you a pleb. nigga get the fuck outta here. Guillermo is a kino making machine (except for shape of water cuz fuck that liberal propaganda)

Jenkins was so good in this

>literally two white men are the biggest heros of the movie
>one of them is russian
>liberal shit
You lost me

>A fag and a communist

How was it liberal propaganda? No buzzwords I want to hear a logical reason

He's a hack and a dullard.

>gay
>likes pie

Master of irony

>implying liberals havent been pushing a war with Russia for the past 50 years
you lost me again

Hellboy was beautiful. Pacific rim too. He makes comfy movies. Deal with it.

This looks predictably unsatisfying. Style over substance.

I NEED BRIGHT COLORS!!! GIMMEE BRIGHT COLOR!!!

I'll try my best not to use whatever you consider buzzwords, but my main grip with the movie, and what makes it obvious liberal propaganda, is the lack of depth of the Michael Shannon character. Throughout the movie we see that the main human characters are opressed minorities: blacks, women and gays. And instead of giving us logical reasons to support them, not that I don't support them already, Del Toro cops out and decides to give us a cartoon-y villain, which in contrast with the previous mentioned characters, makes them look good. A good "villain" should make me feel some sort of empathy with him, even if don't agree with his views.

Liberals loved the Soviet Union, you underage faggot.

Im guessing cause a white guy is the bad buy and a woman/black woman/gay are the good guys. Keep in mind everyone here is a philistine who just watches movies to argue a about them online, so in the guys defense he got what he needed from the film.

> unironically fell for the black and white filter for kino shitposting
Wtf was that del toro

Yes, film should be more visually engaging. Glad you're starting to understand.

Compare these frames to the deliberately and refreshingly direct and unpretentious visuals of Clint Eastwood's latest film. It is safe to predict the film that is not appreciated in its time will have the longest life in its real appreciation.

Loved. 60 years ago. Learn history.

Style is substance

COLORIZE BLACK AND WHITE MOVIES SO I CAN HAVE BRIGHT COLOR!!!!

pretty pleb to pick the one obvious shot

Correct. Crimson Peak was, as much as I hate to use the well worn phrase, honest storytelling.

It’s a shame his character took a nosedive in quality in the 2nd half

wow i feel like this movie's not as pretty as i remember

I guess it depends on what point in life you've reached as to whether or not you could empathize with his character. From my perspective, he had done everything a man was supposed to-- family, career, nice car, house, etc but still didn't feel fulfilled. He never found happiness, which is why he was ruthless and emotionless, and ultimately his life and work amounted to nothing, as the general foreshadowed

>cartoon-y villain
Stick to capeshit if you think Michael Shannon's character was cartoony or onedimensional

It's the same treatment of the General and the Revolutionaries from Pan's Labrynth. Del Toro makes good supernatural movies, but has a weak grasp on human relationships. I almost believe he should hire a consultant to help him direct or write the characters that need to interact, but his ethos seems to mesh well with current emotionality.

Then a more pointed phrase would have been the style lacks substance.

>the strain workprint.jpg

See you make a good point about the character, yet the movie failed to prove me that in any way. It merely scratches the surface.

What's sad is that there's probable some capeshit characters that have more depth than Michael Shannon's character yet the movies are worse.

The cgi is awful, but the movie is still fun to watch.

Del Toro understands the Spanish Civil War better than he understands The Cold War, so his villains in those other films, while teetering in the edge of absurdity, never reached the caricature of the villain in Shape of Water

>Del Toro understands the Spanish Civil War
>the commies dindu nuffin!

Right, there are loose historical figures in Hell Boy as well, that are somewhat irritating however usually experienced within the realm of fantasy. I did not see Shape of Water, but the impression I had from the trailer was that it was hackneyed. Not surprising he is recognized by the Academy for this one in particular compared to a long and fruitful career.

youtu.be/XVO6TmBXgH0

Is this the greatest scene of the past 2-3 decades?

>Lets root for maniac fascist totalitarians
The brainlet poltard everyone. A horrific reality fueled by memes

> discussion of whether antagonist and protagonist of del toro film have their nuance characteristic
> Someone mentioned that the communists were portrayed in too positive light without nuance
> So you support evil fascism
Maybe del toro film is for you after all

I've been out of Sup Forums for a bit so help me out. I see everyone hates SOW because liberals, but do people here actually think three billbs is good? Cringiest nominee of all of them for me.

a bunch of shills and a few genuine cucks defend it

Yeah yeah, now its nuance meanwhile spanish communists as you mention were quite literally defending freedom and democracy . Whats that? You knew none of this? Well my achy breaky heart.

three billbs or SOW? Cause SOW is way better than billbs

three billboards, I dont know about sow

>all of his movies are so boring with the same dull, de-saturated color scheme?
>de-saturated color scheme
>de-saturated color
>de-saturated

You just killed your own thread since you never watched a del taco film

PT was his greatest achievement and that was a canceled teaser game on the PSN, let that sink in.

He doesn't like Pie tho

he pretends to enjoy pie to get closer to a real piesman and try to use that pie bond to sneak into a gay relationship. Of course it ends up bad for him because a true pie lover wants nothing to do with his kielbasa