Name an actor whom, when you learn are in a film, implies that the film will be of reasonable quality

Name an actor whom, when you learn are in a film, implies that the film will be of reasonable quality.

Jason Schwartzman is the opposite of that for me. I saw a few episodes of his horrible HBO show and can't stand him in anything.

sam rockwell

>his horrible HBO show
bored to death was kino you dolt

>Scott Pilgrim
>Wet Hot American Summer
Huh I guess you're right OP

>I saw a few episodes of his horrible HBO show and can't stand him in anything.

Bored to Death was pure KINO

Yeah but It was also the only good thing he ever did

kurt russell
ryan gosling

>Dude quirky/cray-z supporting character 99% of the time
Fuck off

>Le weed
>Le super penis man
>Le the joke is that the main character is a pathetic human being every single time

haha..

>Self-insert
Insta-dropped

>cray-z

Scott Pilgrim exists

Shut up, fag

primo comfy core

I used to feel so about Sam also until recently. My taste has changed somewhat though so I am not as impressed with his personality.

How about in Rushmore?

Scott Pilgrim is also a good movie, just because you're not the target audience doesn't make it automatically bad

Prove. Me. Wrong... Pro-tip: You CAN'T

I always hated that picture

Jackie Chan

This. Goose has an eye for kino.

Michael Shannon
Ralph Fiennes
Walter Coggins
Sort of kind of Jessica Chastain

Wasn't he in marie antonitte?

The only bad movie I can think of that he was in was that one about the Krays brothers, but even then, his performance was the sole great part of it. And it really didn't deserve him.

DDL

Its weird because he picks good roles and has established good industry connections to get good parts, but I don't think I've ever seen him actually elevate material other than Revenant.

But Phantom Thread was pretty bad

michael shannon

Not him but Scott Pilgrim bothers me because it has some great parts (one with Chris Evans) but the movie as a whole is pretty bad

He carried every scene without Gandolfini(which was a lot) in the Drop

The Drop is without a doubt my favorite Hardy role. He made that entire movie with his character of Bob.

Bronson is great. He elevated Warrior for me, which was completely generic otherwise.

Michael Stuhlbarg

Bronson is his only true great performance

It's Goggins, not Coggins, but I agree right now he is the greatest barometer for a successful production right now. I was blown away by his performance in Vice Principles; he brings so much to what one normally expects would be a shallow comedic character, that it becomes a serious role without losing its comedy. He seems like a great person, and is an inspiration.

Robert redford

Not him but you're a fucking faggot. Scott Pilgrim is pure vintage vidya kino.

comfiest show ever conceived

before 2000 :(

everything he touches turns to classic

Ruins every movie. Barely passable

>Vice Principals
The show wouldn't have been worth watching without him desu

wasnt he in Iron Man 2

Havent seen it so I'll check it out.

I want to agree but I can't. It's a good performance that hasn't aged well for me.

The winter soldier

Classic

I'm a huge Danny McBride fan so I would have watched any way, but I came away with a new top actor to admire. Overall I thought it was a very good product, but like I said I am a Danny supporter and he was a creator and star so it would naturally be close to my heart. I thought the characterization was reasonably adequate for a comedy in that mold, which places it high above almost anything else I can find these days. That seems to be the general idea for Danny and his friends: unexpected comedy with also some warmth and wholeness for all of the characters, without anyone taking more than their share of the beating.

That thing with Joseph Gordon-

Spun and Rushmore are great movies, as are all his other Wes Anderson movie characters he plays. Criminally underrated actor. You probably weren't even born when those first 2 came out so check 'em out sometime kiddo.

It hasn't aged at all. Fuck off before I call the Patrician brigade

He dont know wat hes talkin about. Underage fosho.

Yes and it was terrible

came here for this

Met Schwartzman at Sundance a few years ago. Seriously he's the nicest actor I've ever met (and I work in film). Rushmore has to be my favorite film he's in.

Georgie boy.

explain Venom then

Wait, I thought you meant questionable quality.

just wanted to mention the drop. best hardy role/movie by far. and a nice last hurrah for gandolfini. i miss that fat fuck.

Denzel washington
Mark whalberg
Mel gibson
Tom cruise
Harrison ford
Arnie
Stallone
Statham

But Hateful Eight was awful

>American Ultra

Have you plebs seen Song to Song, or what?