Japanese General

IIT: Best of Japanese Cinema

Other urls found in this thread:

japanese-film-festival-singapore.myshopify.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't care if it is "self-indulgent", it's a fantastic film regardless.

Survive Style 5+

Man what a film
I need to watch it again

Based anno poster. How many directors can effortlessly switch mediums?

Where to watch, torrent?

Obligatory ether posting

power rangers

Is that Shinji?

Does anyone know the name of that j horror kino that ends up with a grill being chased on a empity hospital?

I saw Love Exposure in a theater recently and me and my friends laughed hysterically all the way through it and everyone else in the theater was stoic.

hangeru gemisu?

Absolute garbage.

Space Cruiser Yamato / Starblazers

also departures

What's some good 70's Yakuza kino?

Funeral Parade of Roses

kill bill volume 1

The Wolves
Hunter in the Dark
Sympathy for the Underdog
Yakuza Papers
Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion

Isoroku

Hi faggots are any of these worth watching

japanese-film-festival-singapore.myshopify.com/

>THE BALLAD OF NARAYAMA
>FLOATING WEEDS
>THE STORY OF CHIKAMATSU
Absolutely.
>HER LOVE BOILS BATHWATER
Haven't seen but heard good things.
>CREEPY
Kiyoshi Kurosawa is good but that isn't.

Kitano is pure kino.
Plus its always nice to look at 80's-90's Japan.

reddit: the flick

does it count? everything is japanese except Abbas Kiarostami, the Iranian legend

>tfw didnt like funeral parade of the roses

It was just so dull.

This on the other hand is kino

Yakuza kino more on the B-side of the spectrum that's not trying to be like the Godfather?

That film fucked me up, it was a masterpiece. Yoko had me crying at the end until he remembered who he was and broke free and chased the car down, the moment he held her hand in the car at the end was the cherry on top of a masterfully crafted cake. This movie has been shitted on for being so long, but desu it wouldn't have worked if it wasnt this long.

I saw this japanese movie on TV when I was a kid that I've been trying to find for years. All I remember from it is one of the characters was a white guy with long hair and there was a scene where he complained that he was always treated like a foreigner despite being born in Japan and living there his whole life.
There was also a scene where two of the main characters were sitting on the bleachers at a baseball field at night, one of them was bleeding to death.
The movie had a sort of hazy, dreamlike feel to it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? pls help

maboroshi is better desu