Why would you "farm" moisture when you could just go to a planet with actual water?

Why would you "farm" moisture when you could just go to a planet with actual water?

What a bunch of goddamn retards.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-EDiQXhYIKY
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/tatooine_moisture_farming#Lube
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It cost Luke thousands to leave the planet

honestly this
even living in the undercity on coruscant must be better than living in a fucking gigantic desert that is probably 120 degrees out every single day and freezing at night

To save billions

It's all about karma

So you can sell it to other desert retards.

You don't get it, do you user? A moisture farm isn't a literal farm that makes water. It's what they call a brothel in the outer rim. Luke was a prostitute.

YOU'D BETTER HAVE THOSE GOD UNITS IN THE SOUTH RIDGE REPAIRED BY MIDDAY TOMORROW OR THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY OP.

NOW GET THE FUCK OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO TO BED YOU LITTLE SHIT!

Why not just import water? Surely the pirates and traders who come and go could make an easy buck brining water to the planet along with their normal cargo.

>farm water
>get killed by fire
POETRY

Did they get blasted multiple times, or did the Stormed troopers shoot them once, and them pour petrol on them and let them alight?

I always wondered.

i like smashing these in lego star wars 2

ya know thinking about it, this scene was extremely brutal for Star Wars

moisture farm is slang for sperm bank

>why did they do this
>why didnt they do this
>why didn't the movie just take place on the deathstar would have saved everyone a lot of time

When I was little I would shit myself at that scene and the wampa in ESB. Nothing else scared me.

Luke, did i ever tell you about moisture farms?
A moisture farm was an area of land devoted to the production of water through the drawing of moisture from the dry air. It depended on vaporators, a type of device that could harvest excess atmospheric humidity. On hot and arid desert worlds like Tatooine, moisture farming was a vital activity. The Lars family, into which Luke Skywalker was adopted, owned one such farm. The family of Biggs Darklighter was rich enough to own twenty.

Banthas were sometimes employed on moisture farms. Droids were useful on moisture farms too. Owen Lars purchased the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 because of C-3PO's ability to speak Bocce and the binary language of moisture vaporators and, in the case R2-D2, because of the general utility of an astromech droid. He was a good firiend.

>Biggs was a richfag
No wonder Luke was practically sucking his dick in the deleted scenes. That fucking filthy whore.

I always thought of it as blasted multiple times. That's how the stormtroopers executed the villagers at the beginning of VII too

Flame throwers

Why live in a third world country when you could just go to a country with actual economy?

based

humans aren't native to tattooine so it's more like if australians left the coasts, went to the interior desert and just decided to stay there instead of getting the fuck out when they realize it's a wasteland

shot them multiple times, then burnt them while they were still alive

There are people living out in the desert in Australia though, just very few of them. There are also people living in Siberia, the Sahara, and the Gobi desert. It's more economical to be one of the few thousands living in a wasteland desert than it is to be one of millions in an overpopulated but fertile and temperate land.

Notice how Luke barely reacts to the horrific thing done to his guardians and instead immediately decides to leave with Obi Wan, the man who caused this in the first place. I can only see 2 reasons why this could happen: either Luke has serious mental issues, or Obi Wan was using Jedi mind tricks on him. He was not a good friend.

>There are people living out in the desert in Australia though, just very few of them.
It's literally just abos, it's fucking terrible and they survive off welfare. You're not making a good argument there

>the beginning of VII
NOT CANON

Who's to say they don't do that, though? Even if you're bringing water in from offworld, it'd probably still be profitable to make some on-world and undercut the imports.

>living out in

being a travelling nomad and travelling from waterhole to waterhole just to survive kinda stretches the meaning of "living in"

because we're full up

>humans aren't native to Tattooine
Humans literally originated on Tattooine you fucking normie. Tattooine is literally a post-apocalyptic Earth.

Think about how much water the average person uses per day, now think about how much could fit on the average Star Wars trading ship.

>It's literally just abos
objectively wrong
it's not like abos can run tourist resorts

They originated on Coruscant you double normie

>Why would you live in a poor inner city when you could live in beverly hills

Now you're just moving the goalposts. If a place can sustain a human population, humans will move there. There are people living in every part of the world except Antarctica. It might be shit or might not, but you have to except the fact that people will survive anywhere they can. Do you think the wilderness of Utah is as hospitable as New York City? Then why did the Mormons move from New York to Utah? It's because any place that can sustain a human population and can be reached by humans, will eventually be settled, even if only by very very few people. This is true in space as well. Tatooine was a planet that could sustain life and so people moved there to exploit the resources or simply survive. There are a lot of things to nitpick about the Star Wars universe but this isn't one of them.

IIRC it was there to avoid G rating.

They weren't just farming moisture. They were farming the moisture to harvest micro organisms. The desert has unique biology and its very hard to collect these species. Which have healing properties too, and sell for a high amount. You just needed some to make a huge profit, but you could go a season without getting any.

>living in one actual beauracracy (real life)
how often do things get done?
>several planets of beauracracies and dealing with assholes who don't like your faction or race

I assumed just getting burnt away with heavy blasters.

TFA shows flame throwers used at the beginning, which JJ probably intended to be the same idea.

Blasters are more brutal when you think about it (melting and vaporizing flesh with many shots), and I go with that from the perspective of it being shocking.

>"farm" moisture

So is the water underground, or is it in the air?

Those things look like water pumps.

Didn't you see Troops?
The aunt had a thermal detonator and went all domestic on the uncle.

It's in the air. They're basically condensers.

should've been
woops

Who would put up tariffs to support local industry when they could just invest in new industries?

What a bunch of goddamn retards.

The space port is probably useful, so it'd need water farmers to supply it.

It's probably just a fuel station.

Yes and we don't typically feel sorry for them. The farmers out there choose to stay there because of muh family.

>we don't typically feel sorry for them
Speak for yourself, I cry myself to sleep every night thinking of their plight

I cry thinking of the genocide of farmers in Africa.

WHY THE FUCK DOES Sup Forums HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING? FUCK OFF!

youtube.com/watch?v=-EDiQXhYIKY
>This is canon

kek haven't seen that before

>Why would you "farm" moisture when you could just go to a planet with actual water?
Ask California.

why are they canadiens?

That makes no sense. You see people getting shot, aliens getting their shit cut up etc.

>is literally a post apocalyptic Earth

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
>literally

>"As everybody knows, The Phantom Menace was the best Star Wars movie."
>-- S. Colbert

Why would you buy guns when you could just move to a country without niggers?

Different time. Raiders was PG.

Haven't seen this in years and it's still great.
And yes, it's canon since they got to use all of Lucas' props.

But he killed gorillions

Hyperspace water transfer.

>literally
>literally
>anime pic
Fuck off

Who said the narrator was from earth?

I had forgotten about the Tom Servo cameo as a bot.

God damn the 90s were awesome

Thats not Sup Forums thats a fuckdrumpf #resistance wanker

They have tractor beams, why don't they just tow some giant water based asteroids or comets or whatever.

oooooow...

Got me on that one.

I always assumed it was for the audience to THINK it was not on earth... Being in a different font and all... Assume nothing.

It wasn't water they were farming, it was moisture lube for sex. Lucas never turned the cameras on all the orgies that were going on in the SW galaxy. Good lube was incredibly valuable, and Tatooine had a special viscus atmosphere allowing lube to be their primary export.
source: starwars.wikia.com/wiki/tatooine_moisture_farming#Lube

Bobba Fett disintegrated them, that's why Vader scolds him in Empire.

>Why farm water in Africa when you could just go to America

I don't think there is enough money on the planet for this to be a service available to the average person.

>Naboo = Europe
>Coruscant = America
>Tatooine = Africa/ Arabia
What's Germany?

They could just strap an xwing hyperdrive on it and slam it into the planet.

>He doesnt know Star Wars is set billions of years when God allowed us to travel across galaxies before destroying all outside worlds and imprisoning us on Earth for our sins

Corellia?

naboo, you just said it you retard

Is there more to this lore?

Naboo=Italy
Corusant=Rome
Tatooine=Nubia
Corellia=Iberia

>Corellia=Iberia
When was the last time a good piece of engineering came out of Iberia? It's my understanding that Corellia is one of the best shipbuilding planets or whatever.

I thought Kuat

People still live in Red flyover states. And those places are utterly fucking shite. That was the point Luke and his family were space rednecks.

> corellian freighter = spanish armada

i guess

Eh, sure.

He wanted to leave. With them dead it was easier.
Luke was a sociopath.

This comment is so hideously underrated. Nu/tv/ is too pleb to appreciate it.

I don't get it. Spoonfeed me, if it's so great.

Reddit

>the man who caused this in the first place

...so we're blaming them and not the Imperial stormtroopers who actually did the shooting, whose demise will be accomplished by helping the old man on his quest to save the princess?

Nope, totally Kenobi's fault that Uncle Owen unwittingly happened to buy a droid that had Death Star plans on it and stormtroopers killed him for it.

>Biggs Darklighter

Wait was that his actual name? I can't even tell what's real and what's a joke anymore.

Yeah I thought that was stupid even when I was 10 years old

You think farming for water is stupid?
HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EVEN GET FOOD?!

"No!"

Because the whole SW universe is a rip-off of Dune, as Lucas admitted it, and in Dune, on the planet Arrakis, there were giant vaporators that attracted moisture to collect water in giant underground tanks

In Dune they were farming water to eventually terraform the planet, and would slowly have to distribute it to the population because space travel was hard as fuck.

You could pretend in Star Wars the trade federation have a monopoly on water distribution and it would cost trillions of space bucks to get enough to support an entire planet.

Ya, Tatooine names were originally going to all be "X Nounverber" but that was changed

"Refugee" detected.

Not from Wookiepedia.

>Which have healing properties too
Ironic for Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen