What did he do user? What was he good at user?

What did he do user? What was he good at user?

making breakfast

That would have been hilarious right when the show ended. Still makes me chuckle

>people see this line and take it that the entire run of the show he was doing it for himself because they are fucking idiots

I wish Vince just left this line out.

So he was telling her what she wanted to hear to make her trust him?

He literally was though.

This

He was doing it for himself the moment he refused money from Grey Matter. Walt left that company, it's never explained why, but it's implied he had a falling out with Gretchen or w/e and then he left, took his investment out and now blames them even though it's all his fault all along for pulling out of the company.

Walt was just too proud to accept help, he could have gotten a job at Grey Matter and had respect and prestige, a good salary, and healthcare that could have completely covered his medical bills and even if not they would cover his healthcare for his cancer. He gave all that up for selfish reasons that endangered not only himself, but his family, Jesse and everyone else around him.

Walt is still a sympathetic character at first, you understand that he just wants control of his own life, to control his own destiny without outside help, as he's had to be a man without control for most his life, but he turns into an outright narcissistic, manipulative sociopath by season 5.

no you cuck. He wouldn't have made nearly as much for his family by selling himself out to gay matter.

there was definetly a threshold that he passed where he could have gotten out because he had made more than enough to secure his families future. i.e. the 80million in the lock up storage. I'm a neet, i honestly feel like 1 million dollars in the country i live in would be more than sufficient to live comfortably for a lifetime.

But walt literally explained that he enjoyed being THE meth cook, the blue meth cook. The blue meth that people knew came from heisenberg, his competition had heard stories about him.

The second heisenberg personality in my opinion became a much more desirable life for walt because he had thrown away grey matter in the past and essentially threw away the chance of becoming successful. I think if you take that away the chance to be a billionaire for someone and can easily point to it as a mistake that could have been easily reconciled, it would warp them so that any future successes suddenly seem more valuable and fragile. Walt didn't know if he would die within the next 3 months the doctors gave him. or however many extensions they added onto that so for him his time making meth was very precious.

The whole fucking point of that line and that episode is to show that Walt was ALWAYS a selfish, arrogant prick. There was no Breaking Bad, he was bad from the very beginning. How the fuck do you not see this?

He would have been looking at a likely 6 figure salary as a chemist in his company at the very least, with his expertise. It's implied Walt is a very gifted chemist, and their company was partially built on his work.
He wouldn't have been "selling himself out," he already did that the moment he pulled out of his initial investment in the company due to his own pride / cowardice.

Again, making millions of dollars that has to be laundered or kept secret is no way to make money. He wouldn't have made more with Grey Matter, but he would be making enough that his family would live far better than they did throughout BB, without anyone dying, without his family being torn apart, without all the drama.

I can't believe people like you still defend Walt when clearly every decision he made led to his own demise.

he did it because skylar gave him cancer and a retarded son

Yeah people are dumb. He wasn't doing it for himself in the beginning, but as soon as he realized he could go just a bit further, he liked the power, it all escalated and his ego got bloated.
It's pretty easy to see his change from earlier seasons to what he ends up becoming, you see him slowly change from someone who wanted X amount of money to someone who needed more and more and more because why not. He decided he was in the "Empire business".

So what episode did he truly turn to Scarface?

He definitely was not bad at the beginning. He was a respectable family man who taught high school chemistry. Even if he was feigning being a good, humble guy his entire life, it's the exact same outcome as if he were actually one. That's what he failed to realize while he transformed; he had it all at one point and due to his own greed and arrogance, he lost it all.

>show about a character going from "good" to "evil"
>he was like that ALWAYS

Yeah, no, you dumb fucking moron. Vince has stated over and over and over again what the point was.

>I can't believe people like you still defend Walt when clearly every decision he made led to his own demise.
I defend W.W. because he was a badass. No fucks given, ever, about anyone or anything. Elder patrician tier.

Walt was bad from episode one.

He never did. They pussied out of it and had him fight Nazis.

fly

That's nigger talk if I ever heard it.

well hello there reddit!

>Walt left that company, it's never explained why, but it's implied he had a falling out with Gretchen or w/e
It is explicitly stated at least 3 times in the show that Walt loved the grill, and the grill and thecurrent loved each other, Walt was heartbroken and settled for Skyler
>and then he left, took his investment out and now blames them even though it's all his fault all along for pulling out of the company.
Literally no
He blames nobody, what show did you even watch lol

Tons of people say he went full nuclear season 5, but really you can start seeing hints of Heisenberg shining through as early as the latter half of season 2

Im 20 minutes in, when can i expect to be able to stop cringing? I paid A5.99 to watch this in hd and i feel like ive made a mistake

You should have torrented it.
And you will cringe all the way through, cackle on the floor by the time the finale rears up, and wonder how Peele got an award for it.

I obviously replied to the wrong thread, thanks for the reply anyway though. For fucks sake, i was too lazy to turn on my pc for once.

because it's so true. RJ Mitte was so limited in his acting abilities that a majority of every scene that involves him involves him eating breakfast or asking about breakfast or his parents asking him if he wants breakfast. Isn't the very first line he says is "This bacon smells like bandaids!" ?

I reckon the death of the guy in the caravan really triggered everything, he felt like he invested way too much emotionally as well as financially to give up at that point. Then Tuco, then this and that. Every death changed him, you can see that after that guy in the basment dies and from then on he cuts his sandwiches the same way the guy liked it.