The Shape of Water is about a Woman having sex with a fish man representing a _________

What was the Fish Man supposed to represent in Del Taco's mind?

non white male

wtf, i LOVE beastiality now!

Where are the Oscars people? It needs more Oscars.

The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Yeah he has tastes like that.

Who knew you could make it big by making a film in which you basically compare minorities to literal fucking inhuman monsters. Maybe it was all the "Old Hollywood" pandering; they eat that shit up

Non-white immigrant male

/thread

Did you niggers watch the movie? It turns out she was half fish the entire movie

It's actually a pro segregation since she lives with her kind at the end

Everything always has to be about you white cucks

>/thread your own post

fish man. homegirl was horny, so she succumbed to fish dick.

oh you thought it was about nigger acceptance or something? sorry you're an obsessed cuckold.

>Guillermo del Toro has a not-so-closely guarded secret: His new fantasy film The Shape of Water is rife with coded commentary on the current political climate. “The movie is about today. It’s about everything that we’re dealing with today — the toxic division of the ideology of us and them,” Del Toro said during a panel with actor Doug Jones at Vulture Festival in Los Angeles.

>The eerily alluring aquatic being, del Toro explained, “represents ‘the other.’ We’re living in a time where we demonize the Other. We are told we’ve got to fear. [We’re being told] everywhere, constantly, why we have to divide the world between ‘us’ and ‘them,’

>It turns out she was half fish the entire movie
This is bait, right?

It means we are all the same, don't you see?

Ugly nigga need love too

Who the fuck is going to watch that shity.
Roasties in need of romance don't fetishized smelly fish except for a very small minority of furies especially degenerate.

I know I wouldn't it's absolutelly disgusting.
Hope that shit failed.

Only half bait

How did the door manage to keep all that water in?

> she's super into water
> like, sexually even
> no known parents and was found near a river
> SHE HAS GILLS

What the fuck more do you want you jackass

Use your brain, who do you think fucked to make her?

lmao bait.
>because fish amirite

i think i read that it was the shape of water represents the shape of love, cus water has no shape
so love can come in different or same gender, sex, ethnicity, nationality, etc, bu in the end its still love

the creature from the black lagoon

that scene makes no goddamn sense

>movie about a fish man being held captive by Russians
>fish man has healing powers andshit
>fish man needs specific water to live in
>fish man eats cats

and yall still connect fish man to niggers LMAO. OBSESSED

You realize it's anti race mixing since she's an introvert in the human world

>“represents ‘the other.’ We’re living in a time where we demonize the Other. We are told we’ve got to fear. [We’re being told] everywhere, constantly, why we have to divide the world between ‘us’ and ‘them,’

Muh Trump eggshell walking

MUH GENDER FLUIDITY

try to make his creepy bestiality fetish in a political point to not appear as the uber degenerate he is and force sjw women to watch his shit.

didn't they spoil the whole fucking movie in the trailer? and it looked absolutely uninspired?

>Fish Man
>Can swim

Certainly not a nigger

>We’re living in a time where we demonize the Other
So the fish man represents the alt-right?

It's a wetback.

We don't really have to demonize the other. We just have to notice that things like oh I dunno 1/3rd of black males go to prison and not for 'marijuana' possession like leftists would have you believe.

Think of that fucking statistic. 1/3rd of black men go to prison, and most crimes go unsolved. So this is just the fuckers we catch. What is the actual number? 40% should go to prison?

Literally no country could survive if it was full of blacks because not enough of them work or work hard enough. There's certainly extraordinary people among all races but 1 out of every 3 of your people is a complete fuck up how the fuck are you supposed to succeed?

>Whit men are going extinct
>Fish man might as well be on the verge of extinction
It really activates the almonds.

WHY do people think he's an immigrant? It's a fucking sea monster.

He few himself as a creepy, slimy, monster. So the idea of someone loving a fish thing gives him hope.

it's just Del Taco trying to lure sjw watching his creepy furry... well.. squally fantasies with BS about "acceptance of others".

Because symbolism you stupid nigger.

I read an interview with Del Taco where he literally said "when I was a boy I watched The Creature From The Black Lagoon where the woman falls in love with the creature, but they didn't have sex, I felt so ripped off, I wanted to rectify that". It's literally a teenage boys autistic wank fanfiction.

its a cultural thing at this point, maybe always was, but the american black dude is basically taught to just be a lazy fuck who shits on the cops all day and to believe that the white man is out to get them instead of trying to do something to change their station in life. They are essentially defeated right out of the womb now, but its a self defeat.

>tfw no qt mute gf to hold and love

>We’re living in a time where we demonize the Other

Isn't he fairly guilty of demonizing white people though? I seem to recall some commentary from him on Pan's Labyrinth and why that monster was a pale, white and hungry man.

But why do you insist its symbolic of immigration? I really don't see the connection. In fact the whole point was to return to its place of origin, and she went with it. So what the fuck are you talking about?

All good points, but he's a major Lovecraft nerd, and in The Shadow Over Innsmouth, it's clearly stated fishmen can reproduce with humans and turn humans into fishpeople if they want
This is ultimately the clearest explanation if whats happening

There was no return to the Amazon. It was just released and she is now with it, around our shores.

>The Shape of Water is about a Woman having sex with a fish man
That's not a fish man, It's a god.

The Shape of Water is the story of Jesus Christ's conception.

penis

There were no attempts at assimilating the creature into actual society. It was a literal fish out of water you numbskull

Black people can't swim.

Again, symbolism you shallow minded loser. He represents "the other" which is a condemnation of "xenophobia". Del Taco even says it and it was quoted in this thread.

xen·o·pho·bi·a
noun
intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.
This =/= pushing immigration

A-Abe?

It's not cultural, they're the same everywhere....

the anti white male sentiment in the movie has nothing to do with the monster symbolizing a black man

>and not for 'marijuana' possession like leftists would have you believe.

What are mandatory minimums, war on drugs, three strikes and you're out, for profit prisons, etc. programs that are proven to target minorities harsher than white people with similar crimes and encourage jailing people even for small offenses?

Why would he symbolizs a black man? There was already a black man in the film.

>She has gills
The fishman used his magic to give her gills where her parents had slit her throat.

>proven to target minorities harsher

lol you mean those people trip up the system more and get imprisoned.

Even the DOJ disagrees with you on how often blacks and latinos commit crime as well as how much worse those crimes are compared to those committed by whites and asians.

>Even the DOJ disagrees

Oh, well clearly they would know and not have a clear bias in this or anything when they are the ones pushing for those programs...

He said at the Oscars it's an amphibious God

genetics create culture too

he's from Brazil or South America or some shit. That's where they caught him

Lol as if the US government hasn't been pro-black and pro-latino for decades.

Go suck a faggots fake pussy you leftist tard.

So the creature itself is from not America, what does that have to do with immigration?

tSoW is one of the few films in which I personally did not find any significant weakness even after many viewings. From the direction, to the acting, to the storyline, to the score, tSoW has the word classic written all over, and it really is not much of a surprise that it is now considered by many one of the top five
water movies of all time. Perhaps when it comes to cinematic techniques tSoW has not been as revolutionary as The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 3D, but its influence on motion pictures is comparable. Rarely a movie has defined or re-defined a genre as much as this one did for "water movie", but its influence goes well beyond that.

But to say that tSoW is simply "influential" is to diminish its true qualities, and so is to describe it simply as "a movie about water". Water is certainly the main focus the story revolves around, but although the movie never tries to forcedly insert separate subjects it contains an amount of psychological and social subtexts that cannot be overlooked. Considerations on how the social environments changes us, on how moral values appear different from different point of views, on how violence can destroy a human soul, and on how power can corrupt an individual are deeply blended into a story that stays practically always true to complete realism, and the result is a picture of astonishing efficacy and believability.

>03/06/18(Tue)18:30:01 No.95547830
A gay fish.

>The female protagonist works some minimum wage job
>She is a 7/10 looking not to intimitate other women for her great looks to make women jealous
>Is shy and lonely (also sexually repressed)
>Meets an odd male who happens to be misunderstood
>The male is tall and handsome despite being out of the norms.

I can see the pattern.

Wish the Russian spy/scientist was the main character desu.

Forget drug offenses. Let's just talk about violent crime. 25% of black men go to prison for violent crime. 52% of murders are committed by 6% of the population.

A wetback
Because he is a fish, get it?

And Del Taco is a "FUCK DRUMPPFFF" mexicunt.

>And Del Taco is a "FUCK DRUMPPFFF" mexicunt.

he has always been a commie

Toro is a monster nerd, it's lierally

>What was the Fish Man supposed to represent in Del Taco's mind?

Himself.

7/10? She's a fucking 3/10, ugly as fuck, only a retarded fish will fuck her.