A P O L O G I Z E

Rian confirmed for /ourguy/.

We were so wrong about him... so fucking wrong.

Filoni >>> Abrams >>> Lucas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edwards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johnson

Prove me wrong

He's based and it's in my top 3 favorite star wars movies a long with Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones.

I don't even understand what the point of the last jedi was. so Kylo is now the villain because he killed Snoke, and Rey is just as powerful and good as ever, even though she's only been a jedi for like 3 days. I wonder if Rian sincerely hates Star Wars fan culture and this movie was literally, unironically, just him shitting on everyone. This was a movie for the normies, for the modern aged kids. This wasn't a movie for Star Wars fans.

fuck off shill

What was wrong? No fucking shit he didn't follow whatever plan JJ had.

That said I'd rather a clusterfuck of a trilogy that produces memes and crashes the franchise right into the ground rather than merely a mediocre trilogy. It's too bad they didn't get some random jackass to finish the trilogy off.

I honestly have no idea what they're even supposed to do for an entire movie in the next one. Like, the only plot thread left open is 'Rey fights Kylo again.'

How the fuck is that a movie?

rian didn't write a good one either, so the only real question is which was worse.

>I don't even understand what the point of the last jedi was
Money? Toys? Why would you think there would be a story to tell?

Force Awakens was infinitely better than last Jedi though...

So he fucking lied when he said there was no plan going forward

>jew
>lies
shocking

if there was someone in charge at Lucas Film who was half way competent, they would have approached Episodes 7 8 and 9 as one entire story. This was Disneys opportunity to make these their Lord of the Rings epics. Spend a year or two writing one giant script, and then rewrite it, and then rewrite it, and then touch it up, and then rewrite it. Once you have a polished tight story, divide it into three parts, film them all at once and release one every December. It could have been magical, it could have been a true once in a life time experience, but instead, that ugly horrible untalented nasty bitch Kathleen Kennedy decided to approach Star Wars like Disney would approach any other big blockbuster.

That and the rebels blow up the empire's next massive superweapon. The cherry on top of the shit sundae with TLJ was that Rian left them absolutely nothing, no Luke, no Snoke, no credible villain, nothing.

What was he supposed to say?
>"Yeah there was a plan but Johnson went broken arrow so now that's fucked."

I was going to say something but then I realized I can agree and just add

First year film student>>>Filoni

it's the monkey's paw of everything everyone complained about after TFA

tfa was shit too. go back to Sup Forumseddit

What the fuck is this shilling? Rian is a retarded hack who managed to fail easiest franchise in the world.

WHY would Disney allow this i seriously dont get it

Wrong about what? That he produced a complete disaster movie based on JJ's work when he actually did it all by himself? Shouldn't you be apologising to JJ?

It was, and Rian crashed their plane with no survivors. Based.

I figure he was probably telling the truth, Lucasfilm/Disney are so fucking incompetent I'd believe JJ had scripts prepared but when Rian showed them his they just went 'lol OK do that'. At the end of the day it appears absolutely true that there was no actual plan for the trilogy from the higher ups when they started TFA.

>Snoke, old white humanoid
>on a massive ship called Supremacy
>
>tumblr purple hair I do my own thing Muslim Maneuvers into Supremacy
>she takes off the RIGHT WING

Amazing

The bar is set so low now it will be hard to make a worse movie than TLJ. It will take place a few years later, Leia will die in the opening roll. Luke will be half alive/half ghost. Kylo will turn to the light side because Rey's golden pussy, and he will Order 66 the First Order. They'll find the Force kids at the end and imply that the two of them will begin a new Jedi Order.

But no one cares. There's no reason to believe that any kind of galactic order will be maintained in the future, because our current heroes are even bigger fuckups than the OT batch. eps10,11 and 12 would basically be the story of everyone starving to death when they're not eating each other.

This is the only thing to come out of Star Wars past episode V

Fuck JJ

IT WAS THE OBVIOUS THING TO DO!

Disney would never do that, because then they’d be unable to rewrite on the fly when some focus group tells them X is out and Y needs to be in.
Hence the fucking quipping all over the place

You don't get it do you. That's not how THEY work. THEY release a hyped easy to market product, see what people like and dislike, use the feedback to calculate a "perfect" sequel and release it, repeat forever. Once THEY fail, they just scrap everything with time-travel or something and start with step 1: release a hyped easy to market product. The formula will never change. It's THE formula

Tartakovsky>>>>>>>>>>>All of them

of course he did
the hack jj would have made rey a kenobi: an incredibly boring and retarded development

>solo
18m = 11m trailer + 7m teaser
>TLJ
93m = 49m trailer + 44m teaser
>r1
80m = 36m trailer + 44m teaser
>TFA
181m = 101m trailer + 80m teaser

You're right. But it would be better if there was a random Sup Forums user between Edwards and Johnson.

it's so depressing to know that this is true, that they'll trade the incredible value of the approach the user is suggesting for the ability to do bandaid shit that never helps anyway.

star wars is still well-known because the stories aren't timely, they're timeless. you shouldn't be trying to reference ephemeral things that will be forgotten by the next decade, you should be digging into the myths and stories that have been with us for thousands of years.

or is it just that nobody working for disney can tell what is ephemeral and what is lasting?

The only way I can see this ending is that captain phasma starts a coup and kylo flees then enlists Rey's help to kill her. In the end kylo is just sick of everything and commits seppuku with his lightsaber.

>or is it just that nobody working for disney can tell what is ephemeral and what is lasting?
Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding

>implying Kylo doesn't get killed by phasma who takes of the mask to reveal she was actually snoke all along and not the GoT woman

looks like disney is throwing rian under the bus, blaming the entire clusterfuck of tlj on him, because he tossed out "star wars messiah" jj abrams script out, so don't worry guys cause jj will be back for IX.

Kathleen Kennedy needs to stay on. She's the only thing that makes these films so much fun. If you loved hating the prequels, Kathy Wars is sooo much better. People shouldn't be calling for her to be fired. I get a hardon for characters like Holdo, and the gay tension between the spic and nigger. I love this shit. We need more gay shit in all of this. More women and fat asian chicks for no reason. Save the space horses and milk more sea whatever the fuck it was. Introduce some pedo action, too. I want them to time travel back to see Leia get her cherry popped. How does Darth Vader masturbate? More!

>"star wars messiah" jj abrams

There is someone who legitimately believes this in our world. Someone who watched Star Trek 09 and thought that treatment would be perfect for fucking Star Wars.

>You didn't like TFA because it was too much like OT but also hate TLJ because it's too different. Make up your mind.

This is the most retarded argument I've ever heard in my life.
>You don't like sprinting?
>Why don't you like running 1000 miles in that case?

Yes yes make some wolves connected to force and talk yes yes great great

Sometimes I seriously think Rian's a secret troll, parts of TLJ seem so masterfully crafted to fuck with both the general audience and SW fans that it can't just be unintentional. I mean holy fuck if you think of it like that it's genius.

So, the pretty good set-up from TFA was actually supposed to lead to something and instead we got TLJ? Fuck Rian, he needs to die.

But that's what they did, Abrams and Kasdan sketched out the whole trilogy with the story group. It's just that Johnson pushed for his original ideas (donut steal) and eventually they agreed he can do his own thing. Nobody would've expected how hard Rian is going to shit himself.

I think many different drugs were involved in hammering out TLJ treatment. It's not such a far fetched idea. Corporate techies are taking micro doses of LSD to try to be more creative... It wouldn't surprise me if KK and Johnson and others locked themselves away with bags of mushrooms, cocaine, MDMA and some LSD and mixed things up. The goal being to lock-down the treatment after 48 hours of rocking their shit. Probably some weird sex stuff going on also.

ive gotten more hours of entertainment from youtube outrage than the whole prequel trillogy and redletter media.

I doubt it
I really don't trust Lucasfilm anymore
It's probably just damage control because they realized that telling people they have no plan was shit stupid and incompetent

>"I was just pretending to be retarded!"

It's also not even true that TLJ is super different. It rips off ESB extensively and also rips off the throne room scene from RotJ. Does anyone even complain that TLJ is "too different" or is that a total strawman?

Disney is a corporation that exists to make as much profit as possible. And since the nature of modern corporations means that the decision makers don't have to suffer the long-term consequences of their decisions (They just switch to different corporate boards and such) they make the safest best for immediate returns. This means they actively avoid long-term success that takes effort, talent, and expenditure in favor of doing whatever is hip at the exact moment the product is made.

People complain because TLJ doesn't follow up on things that have been set up on previous film. Like why the fuck did they even start the first film without having broad strokes on how the whole trilogy will pan out.

I've said it before but I'll never understand this idea people who liked the movie have that TLJ was "different" or "subversive". It reset everything in the story back to ANH, which is the status-quo that anybody thinks of as "Star Wars" even if they've never seen a movie, and undid everything later movies changed. Nothing about the past died, the movie ends with an exaltation about how the Jedi were a-ok after all and Rey will carry on the torch. The Resistance literally starts calling itself Rebels again in the third act, complete with Finn making a groan inducing Fourth Wall breaking one-liner. The Political situation is identical to where it was at ANH. The ships and vehicles, instead of being inspired-by but different like the prequels and RO, are more or less identical to the originals.

Still they let Rian Johnson make his pseudo deconstructionist Star Wars movie.

LOL, Disney is pushing Rian under the bus. As far as I know, Kathleen Kennedy asked Rian to write a script and she was super positive about it when he delivered. JJ probably probably an outline that fits on the back of an enveloppe, and outline that is basically ESB dumbed down for fags and 3rd wave feminists. Disney is pushing the narrative that JJ would have made a better movie, nah it was going to be garbage just like TFA.

>Article literally says that they HAD drafts for the whole trilogy right from the start.
Your question is retarded.

Neat action stuff but Clone Wars is very hollow and easily his weakest work.

You do realize that because of Kathleen’s influence, IX is gonna be a Fifty Shades-level “romance” between Rey and Kylo, right?

Some generous user please link the “who’s fucking who” copypasta

Here's why that's a good thing.

They let him make it because it in no way is deconstructionist. It is a soulless rehash of moments from the OT filled with MCU quips. It's a super safe movie from their view.
see

Then why re write?

Death Star 4.
Slave kids becoming rebels.
Rey turns Kylo to the light and Hux becomes the final boss.

>Those Solo views
JUST
Though I suppose what can you expect when you've re-shot it twice and don't actually show anyone anything until four months from release?

I disagree with almost everyone here.
Disney is one of the better story tellers out right now.

Show me one mass entity doing it better.

I somewhat agree. That's why i called it 'pseudo deconstructionist'. It's still far from a safe rehash though.

I have to think it's because Kathleen Kennedy got quite some leeway after the TFA success, while KK is more concerned about keeping the force female than safe.

Like any marketing in the world would save Solo film. Honestly I have no idea what Disney is doing with the ST franchise. Marvel is in way more capable hands.

inability to commit

common in sociopaths

Rian somehow convinced them that his script is better.

I still don't fucking understand the point about the slave kids being force capable. Like, they're going to rebel? Against what, space Churchill Downs? I'd think they'd more likely kill the big fat guy and go around the rich people town stealing cars and shit.

That's a big problem I have with the movie's logic. The rebels are reduced to a closetful of people on a freighter, but the undaunted Leia says they have everything they need. Yeah, uh, wha? Nah, you need an army dummy. The biggest mistake your New Republic made was not having a standing army and smashing the First Order in the first place. Ironically the movie's message becomes vaguely right wing from this angle. Don't reduce your army, because the enemy isn't reducing theirs, that's for sure.

>IX is gonna be a Fifty Shades-level “romance” between Rey and Kylo,
Fucking do it JJ, throw the time travel in there too. I want the nail in this coffin to be absolutely batshit.

I'm getting kinda tired of this board blaming all these shitty movies on feminism or whatever when it's so obviously big business seeking cash. The reason they're putting in more women characters is that women make up 50% of the population and they want to make money off of them too. The reason Finn is front and center is because blacks are like 20-30% of the population and they want to empty their wallets too. Rose is a blatant attempt to gain chinese dosh. None of it's an agenda, unless that agenda is "Make something that is so broad it hits literally every marketing demographic possible regardless if it makes the movie bland."

I do like his use of sound during scenes without any talking. Especially when he experiments with different viewing angles.

you are the same dudes that bitch about everything being the same or following a formula, and they go and just let the Directors bring their own ideas. For better or worse we are getting distinct different voices.

Doesnt this conrradict earlier information that there was nothing planned going forward??

this

>make a trilogy of a single story
>bring in multiple directors and let them scrap everything that has been built up so far

This is not capeshit where every movie is a standalone.

Before TFA was released JJ said that he had used George's original drafts to plan out the trilogy. Since this was the first thing that was said on this subject I believe it's closest to truth. Everything else after that was just lies and spinning the damage control.

Remember when Rian BOASTED that he convinced story group to scrap the drafts and allow him to write his own script? Only after the criticism hit him Rian started pretending that it wasn't his fault.

It's clearly for the worse, you brainlet. The two film in the same trilogy conflict eachother.

Agenda is when there is some social studies cunt in the production that tells them the reason why women don't watch this shit is because the lack of representation. Of course they want to make money of that demographic, but when someone lies to them about preferences because 'muh ophrushian' then it becomes agenda.
And go fuck yourself with your line of thinking anyway - every single one of the makers spewed blatantly feminist buzzwords, all over the media, for years now. If you ignore JJ sperg out after the underwhelming performance of VIII, then you have nothing valuable to add anyway.

Pretty sure TLJ killed anyone’s hype for anything Star Wars from now on

I'll fucking spit in Rian (Ryan?)'s fucking face if I ever see that faggot IRL

>no actual plan for the trilogy

That is staggeringly incompetent

Yes, for Disney the diversity wars are obvious ways to attract new fields of audiences. That doesn't mean that it isn't more than pandering from people like Kathleen Kennedy and the people she is hiring. The agenda is obvious both from the cash grab side, and the diversity is everything side.

What about the strange central message of TLJ; That you should trust your seemingly incompetent, aloof, elderly female leaders, because they actually have a great plan all along. It felt like a Hillary-apologist agenda, not big-business.

Han Solo Movie will be the final nail

There was even the scene where everyone was supposed to come out to vote/help Hillary/Leia but nobody showed up so the evil white childish male now rules the galaxy and it's up to our diverse heroes to overthrow the tyrant.

TFA was shit because it was boring and didn't introduce anything new or give reason to watch it since it was basically like watching A New Hope again. TLJ was shit because it thought purposefully throwing out the structure of traditional story telling would be super cool despite the fact that means they replaced any potential the first film had with literally nothing. They had set ups, and then they didn't follow through with any of them.

>everyone was supposed to come out to vote/help Hillary/Leia but nobody showed up

Huh, didn't make that connection until now.

I just thought it was stupidly self-contradicting that they established that showing someone a Resistance pin was a good way to get them to do stuff for you because everyone loves the Resistance, but then nobody shows up when they're all about to die.

Oh, when you ever bring up why the First Order was able to take over the galaxy so easily the ST apologists will point out that the galaxy demilitarized itself after RotJ. This just brings into question who the fuck Leia was expecting to show up to help her if nobody has weapons to fight.

Holdo taking over the ship from Akbar was like how Hillary cheated out Bernie too.

Geniuses at Disney marketing figured out early on you could brush off any criticism by calling the critic fragile and afraid of diversity.
>Finn should have died racing towards the gun, it was an emotional moment
You just don’t want black people in Star Wars!
>Holdo shouldn’t have rammed through the fleet because it breaks the universe
You’re intimidated by strong women!
>The villain in the next movie is a bullied teenager who just killed his trainer and who has essentially 0 resources left
Will somebody get this hothead out of here?

Frankly I think the whole thing is that they desperately want the rebels to be this tiny minority of brave resistance fighters who'll win against the big bad well funded empire. It's literally the only reason for making the story rebels vs empire again in the first place and rendering the OT's victory meaningless.

Jesus christ

and yet retards will still claim Rian took SW in a bold new direction

Good point. Walking out of the theatre after the opening midnight screening at my cinema was when I realised I was done with Star Wars.

They probably dont even have a source for this. Its so obvious that's what happened.

t.reddit

Holdo is a bad character because she is a walking plot device that makes decisions only so others have to take action. She was created backwards. Where they wanted Poe to learn a lesson about “not being a hot-head” but didn’t want him to actually do something wrong because then the audience wouldn’t like him (and buy his merchandise). therefore she makes contradictory and nonsensical moves because she isn’t a character, but a plot-object. None of this has to do with her purple hair (it’s space, some planets have weird hair) or being a woman.
Nothing the First Order does is even remotely related to the Republican party, their pretty generic space facists. They never rant about immigration or healthcare or really anything political other than the same "We hate Freedom" that the original Empire did, and they have a diverse multi-racial and gender equal approach to evil, more so even than the original. Unless you think being obvious pulp-Nazi stand-ins is an accurate depiction of the GOP they're pretty toothless when it comes to current political commentary.

MAKE IT STOP