Oscars 2018 Had Worst Viewership Ever

>Oscars 2018 Had Worst Viewership Ever

gamespot.com/articles/oscars-2018-had-worst-viewership-ever/1100-6457171/
>This year, 26.5 million people tuned in, down significantly from 32.9 million last year.
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfwWZkCgNMs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pandering to 10% of the population probably wasn't the smartest business choice

This but also it can only ever go down until they get their shit together and offer a legitimate online stream.

Bad movie nominees & Jimmy Kimmel. All that needs to be said.

they dont even talk about movies at all

(and thats a good thing)

Seriously, it just wasn't the time, situation, or world for it to have been popular this year. But asking Jimmy Kimmel back again was fucking stupid, awful, boring host.

>gamespot

I thought all the best picture that weren't the post or darkest hour were at least 7/10s

Maybe if next year they make it five hours long, stuff in more boring as fuck unrelated political rants, nominate more Literal Who movies, have more shitty boring as fuck musical numbers and find a host even more dull and wooden than Jimmy Kimmel ratings will go up.

It sacrificed entertainment, song numbers and the usual skits for more political soapboxing. It was boring, bland and safe. Kimmel did nothing new. None of the nominees were exceptionally good or controversial, anyone could have won BP and it would have been alright. Also millenials only watch capeshit and Netflix.

Move over losers, your hobby is now irrelevant

Why not just hold the Oscars at a democratic political rally?

They gave best picture to a mediocre movie that's a homage to bad B movies, with a ham fistes tolerance analogy that literally features an ugly woman fucking a fish as it's emotional climax.

Literally no one wants to see that. It grossed less than The Artist.

>mfw I watched Furious 7 (for the first time) on NBC

Probably the worst list of nominees yet seen.

Can't fault them TOO much, this was an incredibly weak year for mainstream cinema.

Film is a dying medium. Feature films in particular are quickly becoming extinct. It's just not a profitable venue anymore. Notice how most current Sup Forums posters don't even watch movies. In 20 years, the most dominant medium for artistic expression in the world will be memes.

>In 20 years, the most dominant medium for artistic expression in the world will be memes.

>Furious 7
OH GOD!!!

when will hollywood realize that average people don't want to watch an AWARD SHOW where these annoying rich people grandstand and virtue signal and bad mouth the president every single time?

youtube.com/watch?v=mfwWZkCgNMs

Award shows were bad enough when they were award shows, now they're also annual summits on social justice and crying over their inability to pass legislation the majority of voters don't want. The Gen Z Apple zombies they're pandering to don't even watch TV, but the millennials who do and certainly anyone older than that will never forget.

They could’ve tried something weird and nominated Logan or BR2049 for Best Picture ffs.

I hurt myself today...