How's the quality of life in Russia for the average person?

How's the quality of life in Russia for the average person?

Poor.
But when dinner cost you 75¢, making $40 a week isn't too bad.

Pretty bad. Over the last two years or so (ever since Putin started wrecking Ukraine and got sanctions) the prices on everything DOUBLED (no kidding), while wages have gradually been lowering

>Amerishits thinking they know something about another country

Horrible.

I'd been an exchange student there for 3 years, got back 2 months ago

My condelenses, m8. How did you felt coming back to US? Like getting out of prison? Is the air much cleaner in comparison?

Condolences for what? I really enjoyed it, and I believe that your country is fascinating (though that's an understatement). I am gonna miss it, perhaps one day I'll come back to visit since I still have friends there. I do believe, however, that your government is horrible when it comes to taking care of its own people.
To answer your questions, the US and Russia are very much alike when it comes to people and culture (probably because Russia has absorbed a lot of it from the West during perestroyka), therefore it did not feel like prison to me

why cant the hire a few of the gopniks to power wash that building and give it a fresh coat of paint once a year?

>But when dinner cost you 75¢
For a very low price of 75 c, chronic gastritis.

>your government is horrible when it comes to taking care of its own people

That is spot on. The government here is full of thieves.

Some things become really expensive, computer parts, for example.
But everything else is fine.

Imagine a country so corrupt the idea of a democratically elected leader is far fetched.

That's Russia

>be a photographer with a massive hard-on for this sort of aesthetics
>always wanted to take Trans-Siberian railway and chill around on Baikal
>know that paradise of 5/5 adventures is just across the border
>can't go because 0 knowledge of Russian and no Russian friends

When Trump loses, the Sup Forums tears will sustain me for weeks, maybe even months. I shall descend upon this board like a wolf upon a lamb, and bask in the unending impotent rage that this board will pump out. I will gaze upon the suicide threads and rage posts, and drink deep of their whining. When they actually start livestreaming their own suicides and self-mutilation, I'll know true ecstasy.

I don't think my penis will ever be harder than it will be when a million Sup Forums tards cry out in itty bitty white boi penis fury simultaneously.

They'll try to convince themselves it was a rigged election. They'll try to convince themselves that the Jews had pulled a fast one on them.

"We will riot!" They will say. "Race war!" "Day of the rope!" they will cry.

Time will pass, and they will do nothing because they only talk. They are too cowardly and weak to do anything

But best of all, none of their bitching will balm the pain of knowing that their God Emperor, their hero, will go down in history as an embarrassment, as an amusing footnote at best, as the loud obnoxious asshole who lost to the first WOMAN president. The entire nation KNOWS that Hillary is a literal criminal, that she's practically bathed in the blood of 4 dead Americans, intimidated Bill's rape victims into silence, and her administration will surely be mired in constant scandals and ethical breaches. But all this only drives home just how little the American people think of Trump. After all her bullshit, her crimes, her lies, they STILL see Hillary as being superior to Trump. When the denizens of Sup Forums come to this realization, they shall know true, soul-crushing, all-encompassing despair. Exquisite shall be their pain. I will look into their eyes and watch their spirit break, and won't reach my climax a moment sooner.

I need to fap.

>dinner cost you 75¢
well, if you wan to eat ramen all the time...

this is more accurate

lol

Who cares enough to do that?
The problem with Russia is not that we don't have enough money, it's that people don't organize and improve their lives like Americans do. As long as there's stuff to eat, noone is going to pay for making their building look nicer.

Like Mexico, only darker and colder.

Land of the free much better

russia is great man. putin is fucking amazing. there is absolutely 0 corruption and our muslims are really chill.

just average

Like City-17 without aliens.

Why are you such a pidorashka, you think all American live in rich mansion. You deluded fuck.

>Poland
>Middle of the pack
PFFF

You'd think isreal would be on there, I guess the diaspora is it's own thing though huh?

Thats also right for America.

It is like poetry.

>Perceived

Kraków is a paradise compared to the diaspora that I grew up in near Detroit. When I visit my relatives I never want to go back to this shit.

>won't do anything
It's "le epic war is impossible in current year" meme. You know nothing. WW1 started after years of relative peace. It's only gonna get bigger the next time.

I've seen what you guys can do with computers.

So if the living conditions are so bad, how do you Ruskies churn out all those awesome rom hacks and have time to translate hentai all day?

It's a corruption ranking you sponge. And this country is and will be extremely corrupt.

Do you think America is less corrupt or something? Read about the millions the former mayor of Detroit spend in taxpayer money for cocaine, prostitutes and cars.

Slavic technosorcery

I grew up in russia, and i can see why it produces so many drunks. The whole place is grey and dirty throughout completely. The commie blocks face each other and there's a main area in the center (zabor) where you hang out with your friends and try to do shit to fill time on the broken equipment playgrounds.

A lot of the time there's also narcomani who try to get you hooked early to support their own habbits.

Basically it's depressing to be alive there, and i am thankful my parents decided to not raise me there and moved.

Sounds like gommieblocks here.
Those places are always fucking shit tier and have a high chance of producing shit tier people.

I feel ya bro. Moved to Canada in 2012 but still kinda miss that RUSSIAN NOIR atmosphere.

Most people live very bad. But if you have more than $2000 a month (say you stole a IT job from a Murican) you can live quite comfortable: own house, etc. But climate is FULL SHIT even in "south" Russia

Ramen? Like what? Is it a thing in russia?

Cant you buy the ingredients and cook for yourself? The one time i was in russia i found that quality eating out was quite an expensive thing. The cheaper places were shit desu. I didnt like your food stalls or whatever it was even for a moment.

>narcomani

So just like the nigger and spic neighborhoods in burgerland

I want to visit Russia one day.

In murica you got SJW. In rushka we got pidorashique.
5℅ that think like they know how to make country better for everyone, but still live with parents in their late 20's.

Russia is fucking weird man though. At the same time it's produced so much brilliant mathematics/engineering/etc. What the fuck is africas excuse? Not a single piece of technology or math or chemistry or anything has come from that shithole where it's actually warm and nice a lot of the time.
I lived in saint petersburg, looking back at it it was nice in the central places.
Man i never learned to type on a russian keyboard, i can just spell out words in english letters that sound russian.

Ya uehal iz russie kogda mne bili odinajti let. Ya tam nebil uje vosimnati leti.

Yep. There are examples of actually nice communist architecture and planning though.

a strange combination of bitter poverty and huge wealth, of orthodox spirtuality and rotting degradation

Depends where you live. Blokowiska in Poland B are shit, but in Poland A the estates are build like little towns - with schools, churches, parks, market places and a lot of trees everywhere. It's all modernized and comfy, virtually zero crime.

It looks like 1950s arch. And it's very good here too.Shit started in 1960s.

those would be called luxury apartments that would go for 3000usd monthly in San Fransisco

Underrated post. Why did we ever fight you russia?

Jews

Pretty much, yes. 1950+. This here is the administration building of the big steel mill nearby.

so business as usual?

Literally jews.

Lived there in 2010-2012 and in the room there was perfectly fine oak cupboard made in 1953.

The type that covers the entire wall?

No, because there are ridiculously high ceiling smth like 4 meters. Don't know why they built so in the past.

Literally second world tier that dips to the third world shithole in some places. I don't count rich, they can live good everywhere.