TIMMY WAS FUCKING ROBBED

This scene alone should have won him best actor.

youtube.com/watch?v=O0jzxPAuo6c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMj9oPPpdgE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You guys really haven't seen this movie?

Not many people here have.

Totally agree though. This is an incredible performance and the only reason they didn't reward him is that he's too young, they don't like rewarding people so early. So basically stupid reasons aside from actual competence.

>homosexual yuropoor shit
kill yourselves

I saw it idiot

i want to fuck him

Fuck, I hate faggots.

Yeah that's seriously the only reason.

If Affleck won for Manchester by the Sea there's no reason Timmy shouldn't have won.

Ok then what are your thoughts idiot

I'm just glad he lost because you faggots who spammed threads every day about him winning got cucked.

Also fag enabling belongs in the trash.

Pretty gay lol

I thought it was alright despite the faggy stuff, but the last quarter was indisputably 10/10 kino

Why do you hate yourself , it's okay user we are on 2018

I mean let's be real... There was no explicit gay shit in the movie aside from two guys kissing. The gayest thing is you see Oliver go down to give him a BJ and then the scene cuts right there.

The most explicit thing in this film was Elio's gf's tits...

i want to be him

if you're him, i would fuck you.

Garbage scene garbage movie

I hate niggers more than faggots. Goddamn niggers with your black skin and pouty lip and angry expression, get out of my country.

idk man he's a really average teen actor

Just finished it. It should have won best picture but I kind of understand why it didn't.

More faggot kid fucker propaganda I hope you burn in hell where you belong.

how can one man be so talented and cute?

Can somebody explain to me the peach scene

>twink looking sad at a camera
Oldman doesn't just have a much more storied career, he also gave a technically better performance.

>horny as fuck teen discovers what his peepee can do

What a dishonest scene.
>Let's make this scene as long as possible to solidify your chances of winning that best actor Oscar for our Oscar bait movie

>So basically stupid reasons aside from actual competence.
That's nonsense, though. Oldman gave a genuinely better performance.

Also while were at it can somebody explain to me why they want to call each other by each other's names???

Blue is the Warmest Color was a much better, much more affecting coming-of-age fag movie

But at the very least Timmy should have won best actor...

It's only considered Oscar bait because it's leads are gay. If you take away the fact that they're gay, the film is still a good romance story. In fact it reads a lot like your typical 'American in Paris' type love story about a dude fucking a younger European girl but in this film it's gays instead

Eventually it won't be such a big deal seeing gay romance films. What's annoying is seeing the Oscars and the social media crowd gush over certain films while they ignore the existence of other films like pic related

This dude is fugly. He’ll probably look even worse when older

thats just stupid and cute shit people that are in love do.

>hwn rip ur boipussy to shreds

Fags get nothing

why did u have to remind me ... :'(

Not really, no. Oldman was playing a historical person, which means it's always one step away from just being a really good impersonation, and Dunkirk Churchill is not a particularly challenging character to present, you don't have to dig deep on him. It's a public person playing their public role.

Chalamet's role was entirely his, Ellio was just words on a page going in, and the performance of him required a ton of emotional vulnerability and depth, and the communication of that emotion is done with small subtleties. Oldman got to deliver big soaring speeches with historical significance, Chalamet had to communicate his character with the angle of his head or the movement of a hand, a shy look, a crack in his voice. So many moments in the movie rely on his ability to express an unspeakable something about teenage thoughts and feelings through small actions and disposable words. The same is not asked of Oldman.

I'm not saying Gary is a bad actor, but Chalamet's performance here was truly inspired, heartfelt and expertly communicated. There's just no comparison.

Why's Oldman so smug?

Ellio masturbates with a peach.

It made a good title I guess? Really comes out of nowhere in the story other than it being a "here's a couple thing we can share isn't that cute."

Easily the worst normiee in the category

>kike

thats making my blood boil... put your award down you fuck you dont deserve it REEEE

here's your (you) hope you can fall asleep now faggot

W-what is he doing with that fruit, bros?

Can we talk about how Timothee literally has the perfect twink body?

There's no way he isn't a gay twink right bros?

needs more pic

>there are no gay sex scene in this film
why? too chicken to show?

He‘s ugly

Why do I have the feeling it’s literally the same faggot or tumblr whale keeps posting this faggot again and again everyday?

By making the straight sex explicit and not the gay one implies the film puts more emphasis and intimacy on the gay relationship (explicit=cheap)

There were. You just don't get to see benis in boipussy,

Darkest Hour wasn't a successive series of Churchill speeches, it was the man behind the scenes, which no one except the people who actually met and worked with Churchill were privy to. Oldman could've gotten the voice and mannerisms from archival footage, but even within the framework of the real Churchill, Oldman still had to create a character, and had to determine how to work within the emotional landscape of each individual scene. And he had to do that all while acting with someone else's voice and mannerisms. You're really downplaying the technical difficulty of what Oldman did; it's not like he just looked at footage of Churchill and copied it verbatim. There's a reason why he's the favorite actor of other actors:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMj9oPPpdgE

>literal pedo faggot shit

wew

>17 year old and 21 year old dude
>pedo
come on now. Remiinder that not every country has the same age of consent law.

The character in the movie is 24, and the actor who plays him is in his 30s

I know rite. How dare they

You're acting as if that book and movie weren't also incredibly controversial

Everyone was robbed. Oldman had the worst performance in the category.

Don't meme so hard there buddy

>WHAT DO YOU MEAN YELLING CONSTANTLY WHILE WEARING A FAT SUIT IS A WEAK PERFORMANCE

You didn't watch the movie. You saw a clip where he yelled and think that that's the entire performance.

Impersonators don't just copy things verbatim either. Technical difficulty isn't something that stirs the soul, it's character and emotional depth. He's a great actor but Churchill wasn't a role that showed why. Chalamet's Ellio felt unique in a way that Oldman's Churchill did not.

it's beautiful

We're not talking about fucking Cure for Insomnia. It's not that hard to watch a 120 minute movie. I did. Twice actually. Both times I thought "Wow, this man played dress up and is aggressively overacting as he always does". If you think his grumble grumble YELL YELL YELL bullshit was better than any of the other nominees, you're out of your goddamn mind. Without the makeup, he was fucking nothing.

Depth is primarily determined by writing. The clip OP shows is technically good, but its ability to affect come from the audience already knowing what came before it. Oldman's performance embodies Churchill so acutely that it's impressive in and of itself.

The book is sick and 1000 times worse but the film is different and makes it seem a little more innocuous as they were both using each other.

Abuse is way different than consensual sexual attraction. Don't be a hypocrite just because the characters in CMBYN are gay

You didn't watch a movie you dislike twice. Stop fucking lying.

>implying it was by choice
Clearly you've never been involved with the film industry in any way if you think everything people watch is by choice.

The book is genuinely one of the most beautiful prose works ever written. That's the only reason it skated by despite the controversy. The book also makes it clear that she's being abused.

>Abuse is way different than consensual sexual attraction.
I agree. You're the one who brought up Lolita, not me.

The only reason you'd have to watch a film you don't consent to watching multiple times is if you worked on it. What's your name? I look for it in the credits of Darkest Hour

This is not a twink body, thats a Auschwitz survivor body

Not everybody who works on a movie is in the credits.

t. american

That's why the film version I believe tells a better story and has more interesting takes on the subject. Just like CMBYN is more than just what it is.

Humberts father like overprotection of Lolita can be examined in the film as a false layer hiding a darker obsession. He still longs after a childhood love of his that died and he never got over her and sees Lolita as a reincarnation of her. I can't remember if the film ever mentions this but I know it peels back Humberts obsessive jealousy in other ways.

Also since we are on the subject and you seem to be interested, check out this letter Sue Lyons wrote to Kubrick many years after Lolita was filmed. The way her life mirrored the Lolita character is stunning. It made me cry, man

The book and film were just trying to achieve different things. The book functions as a sort of literary game, where Nabokov uses the reliability of the narrator against the audience throughout, and forces the reader to construct a picture of what actually happened, but using only Humbert's heavily-colored subjective perspective. It's a book where the real story occurs only in subtextual form. Kubrick was trying to portray a somewhat real relationship, which is why he changed her age to 16 and completely shifted the balance of power in the relationship.

It's really apples and oranges.

He was ok but not for an Oscar. The one who was robbed in my opinion was the guy from Get Out.

>homosexual pedophilia movies are lauded in Hollywood in 2018

Imagine if this was heterosexual, imagine all the fucking #METOOing

Timmy is ROBBED

Looks and sounds, and acts like a home video, what’s up with that?

Armie hammer is like 33

>they don't like rewarding people so early
Good, it would suck having your career killed before it even began.

Why do you guys pretend that this is a good
performance? Just because you’re into twinks?

> actor and the role he's playing is the same thing
also, he was 29 during filming and oliver is supposed to be 24

>THIS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

too old

ive been in this discourse for a few months and like the only people who have issues with cmbyn are 1)americans, who think age of consent/teen mentality in Italy (and europe in general) is the same as in states and 2)people of different ages who suffered sexual abuse when they were kids and think that if teen has and enjoys sex with an older person that's RAPE REEEE

are u fucking blind

>technically
lol. Impersonations aren’t acting. All they do is provide a baseline on which to judge the performance (did he look like WC? Sound like?) Suddenly something subjective becomes objective. The plebeiest of thinking.

I get you. But too many people think acting means a fat suit and muh transformation! All I could think was why is this jelly donut yelling?

Because the bigot who beat up his wife got rewarded in the year of the lady

20 and 29 when filming user

You are apparently

You fags are ridiculous this is mediocre af.
>trots into view
>picks up a coin throws it like a retard
>sits down and “cries”
>WOOOOOW SO GOOOOOD, WIRLD CLAS PERFORMANCE!!,
This is school play tier

You can literally see how he forces the tears by deliberately refusing to shut his eyes at the beginning. Amateur stuff.