Meryl Streep Hate Thread

s h e k n e w

I don't get the universal praise for her

Reminder that Hepburn hated her, even though the two were constantly compared.

She was weinstein's enabler and got rewarded with oscar bait every year.

Also happens to be the loudest feminist in Hollywood.

She's a fine actress. What's the deal

Go away Trump

she's done a good job establishing and marketing herself as a brand that signifies highbrow talent, despite not really demonstrating it at all

she is smugness personified, her sexuality is probably disturbing

literally who?

How is Susan Sarandon doing? Is she a retard like Streep or is she normal? I like Susan, she's pretty.

She's a discount Meryl Streep.

Only difference is she has been embarrassed by her politics and now lives a quieter life.

I still think Streep has something over the Academy, that's why she gets nominated every year.

>Only difference is she has been embarrassed by her politics and now lives a quieter life
That's good. Thanks for answering.

>Someone said something bad about my God Emperor Daddy Trumpy

REEEEEEE I FUCKING HATE THEM

Can any other MAGApedes relate?

Why did the obsessive hate only appear after her speech at the emmy's? Almost as if your hatred is not based on her acting itself, but because you disagree with her.

That's a bingo.

but I've been hating Streep for the past 10+ years, back when your daddy was a bankrupt reality tv star and count my self as a leftist.

So piss off back to Sup Forums with your polarizing politics.

She is a terrible actress. Look at pic related.

Who cares about her politics. People hate her for being self righteous and obnoxious.

People have thought she was overrated for a long time.

But yes, this actual seething hatred is because of her politics.

Do you think DeNiro is a shit actor because he made Dirty Grandpa? Pacino for Jack and Jill? Brando for Island of Dr. Moreau?

Fucking moron. Every actor gets to a stage in their career where they lay a hot turd or 10.

Name a good Meryl Streep movie where she isn't overacting.

The Deer Hunter, Manhattan, Death Becomes Her, Out of Africa, Bridges of Madison County.

She was particularly great in Sophie's Choice in my opinion. Do you want me to name a few more or is that sufficient, you tasteless faggot?

>The Deer Hunter, Manhattan, Death Becomes Her, Out of Africa, Bridges of Madison County.

>good

Do you exclusively watch oscar bait or do you wait for the nominations to roll in before deciding which films you liked?

deniro is shit actor because he was terrible in the godfather 2. he's easily one of the most overrated actors of all time

>so desperate to shit on Meryl Streep that he is willing to say The Deer Hunter is a bad film
You're not getting any more replies from me, retard. Enjoy the fiftieth installment of your weekly capeshit and consider pic related.

>The Deer Hunter isn't good.

That's one of the few films both patricians and plebes think is good, you swine.

I don't think anyone here even likes Trump m8

bad man on the internet said his favorite film was trash

babby got triggered, needs a safe space

The Godfather 2 is not his strongest performance, but it's a decent approximation of a younger Corleone following Brando's lead.

Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, the interesting take on Cape Fear, and even smaller performances like the one in Copland are more than enough to cement him as one of the all-time greats.

Compare Brando's resume with De Niro's for example. Brando had a hot streak in the fifties working with Kazan but his career was mediocre performance after mediocre performance pretty much until the time of The Godfather and Last Tango in Paris. After that? Again, shit. You don't have to consistently drop masterpieces to be an all-time great actor.

really? kek

You care about her politics, I guess, because what you're saying doesn't make a lot of sense.

To be a great actor is to have the potential to make a great performance. To make a great performance however, you need more than just a great actor: you need a great script, great direction, great cinematography, a production staff willing to endorse and create a project capable of putting that performance on display. There are a lot of variables that go into great performances and that is why every great actor has career lapses where their performances suffer. Very few actors have the luxury or the restraint to choose only projects which can yield a great performance. Even the best actors make career mistakes.

Streep's a great actress.

No she has no range and just plays meryl streep

>bad lady on the teevee said his favorite president was trash
>babby got triggered, needs a safe space
Like this thread

Hepburn could act circles around Streep.

Streep has a distinct over-reliance on her technique. Whenever she's on screen she just screams "look at me, I'm ACTING"

>Whenever she's on screen she just screams "look at me, I'm ACTING"

That's exactly it. This is why all her performances come off as overacting because she's always trying to outclass her peers instead of matching the tone and posture of the rest of the cast.

helen mirren is bae

equally bad

meryl streep more like meryl sleep amirite

When she was married to tim Robbins they were the top retarded liberal couple.
Now we dont see her any much.

Do all obnoxiously loud feminist have jew rapists/sugar daddies in their closet, or just the ones in Hollywood?

They get used by producers and then they turn to activism to channel their rage.

Its a repeating pattern. See Lawrence, Watson and any other starlet that suddenly became famous.