They really are out of ideas, aren't they?

They really are out of ideas, aren't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrofascism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Mary Poppins Returns Christmas
Why did she take Christmas?

legitimately surprised she isn't black this time

fuckin bitch

I keep thinking of Carmen Sandiego

she's played by an ugly whore husband stealer so close enough

Mary Poppins was originally a series of books, dumbass.

she was secretly working for the Grinch in his plot to steal Christmas

The writer of those books approved that movie, dumbass. She specifically put in her will that she didn't want anymore movies to be made.
Dumbass.

That's an entirely different topic of discussion, and has nothing to do with Hollywood running out of ideas.

Your original comment had nothing to do with my original point of Hollywood running out of ideas.

If your suggestion was that the original being an adaptation makes it somehow more original for this one to be both an adaptation AND a needless sequel, then you are mistaken.

Give a woman an inch

i hope they don't remake the sound of music

Imagine if Mary Poppins would step on your balls

I thought this image was fake to troll people, then I went on wikipedia and saw the whole thing is real

also
>Meryl Streep as Topsy Turvy-Poppins, Mary's eccentric cousin[12]

they are literally adding a poochie, what the fuck is wrong with Hollywood?

Cool it Jen

>They really are out of ideas, aren't they?

You're a retard if you think they're out of ideas. Disney has pretty much only ever sold familiarity and retold stories. Originality is harder to market. They sell concepts, franchises and shit people have heard of. They are not a house of ideas, but a money making factory.

>a retelling of a 3000 year old fable is the same as rebooting a 30 year old tv movie
bravo user
bravo

I want to sniff her armpits

Making a sequel adaptation of a series with multiple sequels doesn't mean you're out of ideas, it just means they're going for an easy cash grab.

There's a black girl from the streets in it.

the original was too conservative and they must present some new morals for the kids?

>they do it
>they add rap scenes

Looks like a horror movie

>the hills are alive
>*record scratch*
>h-h-h-h-h-Hills
>yeah yeah yeah Hills are alive bitches

>They do
>The von Trapps are black now

No,they will be jewish, and they wont stop speaking about the 6 gorillions.
Also Hitler is in the movie and he is a buffoon,

But Mary Poppins already returned in The Last Jedi

You guys suck at this.

>haha that wont ever hap...
>suddenly remember little black Annie

Has anyone in this thead actually seen the original? It's sheer fucking perfection. A work of art. Just think back and remember all those classic scenes, set pieces and songs. Why in the name of fuck would you even attempt to remake it? It just goes beyond sense.

i'll give them all four

It's unironically in my top 10 favorite movies of all time

>Sippin dat purp ridin low wif da boys
>Niggas rollin L's stripped Viceroys
>J-Cue and Darrel spitting over 8 bar beats
>These a few of my favorite sheeeit

It's really great but still inferior to The Sound of Music, which has better songs. On the other hand the waiter penguin scene is downright amazing for the time.

The funny thing about The Sound of Music and its central theme of evil Nazis invading free Austria is that Auatria was already under a fascist government before the Anschluss, and most Austrians supported the union with Germany (they tried to unify with the Weimar republic after WWI but the Allies wouldn't let them).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrofascism

YES WE FUCKING ARE

Nobody asked for a fucking Mary Poppins 2. (((They))) already made a movie about the making of the original movie and now they're onto the next step.

Well TSOM is like an epic, its set in fucking Austria in the lead up to WWII, it even had an intermission. So yeah its not really comparable to MP. Both are in a league of their own.

>Nobody asked for a fucking Mary Poppins 2

I dunno, kids would, and it's aimed at them.

There were like a billion books tho

Yes, please

It's a corporation, and they see their past movies and characters as "franchises", which have to be milked to make money and stay "relevant". No soul behind. The were a corporation after Walt Disney died too, but at least they tried in the 90s.

Can't wait for the Mary Poppins Extended Universe

>Disney is remaking their live action movies too
Fuck me 20,000 Leagues and The Rocketeer are next aren't they.

They just remade tomb raider what do you think

Mainstream blockbuster hollywood seems to be making more panic moves lately, even Disney seem on edge with TLJ making quite a bit less than they expected ($1.9 billion prediction - $1.3 bill actual), the live action Disney shit is either a huge miss or a huge hit, Wrinkle in Time will definitely set them back quite a bit

Idk, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass and it's been this way since the start of cinema and it'll never end, you just have to find your movies elsewhere other than the mainstream

WHERE THE FUCK IS BLUNT'S CHIN DIMPLE?