Solo - poster design stolen from CD covers

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/06/disney-challenges-uk-film-company-misleading-releases
cartoonbrew.com/bad-ideas/disney-files-trademark-lawsuit-over-frozen-land-93389.html
youtube.com/watch?v=G3I8n_cLgDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

welcome to the world of design

Haha I read that on reddit too, my fellow redditor friend. Us redditors am I right? Hehe.

Embarrassing

Obvious rip off but won't hold up in court for anything. You can't copyright a style, we still have blue/orange movie posters, person with back to camera poster, etc.

>won't hold up in court for anything
but it's literally 100% the same wtf

>identical color scheme and everything
OH NO NO NO NO

damn imagine that low tier/hobby "designer" reddit fag who watches rick&morty religiously actually type that out.
and then some reddit crossboarder scum parrot his opinion like he knows shit.

meant to quote him

different characters, backgrounds are similar yes, but they did create their own burn marks and whatnot. You can't copyright colors either. The idea of putting images inside the font isn't new either.

hes a complete idiot if that is some kind of copyright case, the works do not infringe on each other what so ever however similarly they maybe designed

it just makes Disney look bad. I miss the old Lucas posters. Those were classic

BRAVO DISNEY

imagine going to the effort to draw those arts then some dick only allows parts of it to be seen through the text

imagine creating beautiful concept art only for kathy and JJ to remake tattooine

By this logic, blatant copycat movies aren't copyright infringement. Unfortunately, they are
theguardian.com/money/2012/sep/06/disney-challenges-uk-film-company-misleading-releases
cartoonbrew.com/bad-ideas/disney-files-trademark-lawsuit-over-frozen-land-93389.html
Now shoo, disney shills.

They literally copied you retard

Graphic Designers, Photographers, and people who make music are all so full of themselves in regards to "stealing".

He didn't create a concept, he created album covers. He shouldn't own the "right" to that "look" from here on out, especially when it's across industry and not the main product, just promotional material.

All art and culture is evolved. Dude didn't create "image inside words".

Nope. Font is totally different and doesn't bend inwards like the original. Logo design on the right is also not nearly as detailed as the left. Nothing is directly copied, so this isn't copyright infringement according to you. How did Disney get away with it?

>faggot actually thinks he invented cut-out text This is fucking hilarious.

Better tell that idiot to sue this guy too:
youtube.com/watch?v=G3I8n_cLgDA

groundhog's day story was stolen from somebody else, they threatened to prolong the lawsuit until the small guy would go bankrupt, that guy didn't file a lawsuit, because he knew he couldn't win, even though they stole his idea.

If you're gonna steal a design at least steal a good one ffs.

In comparison to the Solo ones? You're delusional. The O is far more similar. Also Disney didn't. They filed, they didn't win.

Just because something is copied poorly doesn't mean that it is copied. It is specifically a trademark argument, of which Disney holds the trademark for the Frozen logo.

They just have to prove that the logo creates confusion in the marketplace. Not only that, but the are obligated to go after any companies that steal their trademarked material, or risk losing the ability to.

That's not even considering that Disney can outspend the hell out of the other company with their lawyers. I wouldn't be surprised if it was. apply to drain Phase 4 upon legal victory, considering they want them to pay all legal fees.

Basically, an obviously copied trademarked logo on a competing animated movie is a lot different to a similar style on promotional materials in a different industry.

There's a saying in graphic design: "the creativity of your design is proportional to the obscurity of your source."

Nothing is new.

Whedon is the master of that. See Firefly/Starhunter and Angel/Forever Knight.