It's still the only Marvel movie with an Oscar

It's still the only Marvel movie with an Oscar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpHkJMJVZa0
youtube.com/watch?v=KkNxh5RDfv4
youtube.com/watch?v=PeX8TkHN6mE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope it stays this way.

'Member when capeshit was GOOD, but was also unapologetic about comic book hokeyness instead of hiding behind grounded realism? Will Raimi ever be topped?

>Will Raimi ever be topped?
No

Notice how no one clings to the fact that it won an oscar as the sole argument for why its a good movie or franchise.

i didn't even know it won an oscar

Same

Mmm I love cherry picking and ignoring characterzations etc. Holland is the best Spider-Man, Keaton is the best Spider-Man villain, Robert Downey Jr gives an amazing performance too. Marisa Tomei is hot. Peter actually has funny friends instead of being an autistic crying loner.

Go away disney shill

>tfw can hear the music playing in my head

After all the raimi memes lately I finished all his spiderman movies yesterday and they are actually kino. Easily the best superhero trilogy ever produced (way more consistent than Nolan's). It's less formulaic and less outlandish compared to the current output of Marvel bullshit.

its kinda funny how this never caught on

Spiderman-4 generals keep popping up from time to time.

I'd say its low key alive

Even Sony isn't against the idea

It was for visual effects I think and no one really cares about the technical oscars unless >MUH MAKEUP

Notice how diney shills capeshit here?

CALL.THEM.OUT

I think that's because of way tighter deadlines and not actually a lack of budget.

RDJ takes 50mil from the budget. They cut corners in vfx.

Tugboat Maguire characterization:
>learned a hard lesson about using his powers responsibly when his attempt at a quick payday didn't pan out and his wrathful instincts resulted in spiteful inaction against someone who slighted him which ended up getting a loved one hurt
>frustrated underachiever who's constantly told how brilliant and capable he is but can never seem to catch a break and put himself to good use
>despite being a spectacular superhuman, struggles to keep his own troubled personal life from falling apart because he can't just web it all together
>every time a would-be paternal figure to replace his dear Uncle Ben gives him guidance and inspiration, he has to watch as the world turns them into the kind of monster that let the robber go who ultimately took Uncle Ben from him in the first place, testing his resolve to hold fast and remain true to himself in the face of adversity as Uncle Ben's dying words advised him to
>a generation-defining series of films that touches upon themes and anxities that are relatable to any young adult trying to make their way in the world
Tom Holland characterization:
>"Ah jeez, gotta make it to the DJed party at the mansion!"
>"Isn't 'Penis Parker' a little redundant when 'peter' is slang for penis to begin with?"
>PETER WANTS TO BE HARDCORE, BUT TONY STARK WON'T LET HIM
>villain would've been caught by an FBI sting if characters could've communicated like human beings, wouldn't have ever been a villain to begin with if Tony Stark was more responsible at a period where he was already supposed to have gone through development where he would've been

Watching Marvel movies now is like watching really bad CG cartoons. The entirety of Guardians 2 could have just been a movie with the amount of CG in it.

Raimi Spiderman was honestly the last time Marvel had a great film.

Logan deserved one.

I enjoyed Homecoming, but damn the spiderman scenes looked awful at points. This is a clip from a Raimi film, yes ? It looks Infinitely better and it makes no sense.

Spider-Man 2 is the pinnacle of capeshit desu. Was oozing with soul and Raimi’s trilogy in general left you wanting more but in a good way.

Spidey 2 and Dark Knight are the only ones that will age well and be remembered.

Every other capeshit is mindless fodder.

Was Doc Ock the greatest villain in all capeshit?

Technical awards don't count. All that matters in film is how well an actor can overact.

Black Mask
The Shadow

damn the cgi still looks pretty good.

fuck off, what a shit taste

Lol look at this bitter nostalgic thread. Anyway, I love the new power couple of the Spider-Man franchise.

RDJ showing up is not giving a good performance

All the Spider-Man actors end up dating their love interests. It's like a virus.

Nope. Black Panther is heading for the Oscars next year.

what are these?

>All the Spider-Man actors end up dating their love interests. It's like a virus.
no, it's marketing. just like that twilight dating bullshit.

The most wrong post in Sup Forums history

45 posts, 27 nostalgic bitter posters

We all know Black Panther is going to win something next year and get a best picture nomination.

>Sinister Six potential to break 2 billion mark

Sheeeeet

But do they smash?

Because it's the last good Marvel movie.

this is true

>he didn't watch Iron Man 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, GOTG 1, Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther.

shoes

Shill Shill go away

Come back never again

Get out Disney shill.

>he is sad bc his parents never showed him a disney film when he was a kid

I owned a cupboard full of Disney and Looney Tunes VHSes as a kid. Then something happened.

I grew up.

I was on reddit the other day and I was surprised with the big amount of fans Zendaya has. They are many guys there who love her and ship her with Tom, they were actually talking about how these two are dating and pretend to be friends. I thought it was only tumblr but it looks like this happens everywhere (except for Sup Forums).

Side note: Danny Elfman's score for the first two Raimi movies is fucking iconic. I can't think of a single memorable musical motif from the MCU, it's all just bland as fuck.

that's because Sup Forums is a place for all these outsiders in life who love to hate even if there is not always a reason and mostly jealousy

60's Spider-Man memes were the best, I miss 2011 so much.

>I was on reddit the other day
There's your problem. Reddit is the new facebook. By next year you will see everyone's moms and uncles on it. The platform is waiting to die and its cancerous userbase is accelerating the process. They want reddit to be a left wing safe space, devoid of any conflicting view points.

2011 was a great year, wasn't it :)

Zendaya's fanboys are shameless. There is a video from the Oscars after party and the guys who are filming it are screaming at her "have my children" and other embarassing things. Tom is also there next to her as always btw so yep it looks like they are dating.
youtube.com/watch?v=GpHkJMJVZa0

I dont even need to see what these guys look like, I already got cancer.

I hope for their own sake they were paid to do this by Zendaya's PR agency to make her look popular in the tabloids. If not, God help their sorry asses.

>isn't it about time somebody saved YOUR life?
youtube.com/watch?v=KkNxh5RDfv4

Literally the best piece of music out of the entire MCU is a rendition of an old cartoon theme song, it's kinda sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=PeX8TkHN6mE

Guardians Inferno is also good I guess. The recurring Avengers theme is alright. There's very little else of note.

wtf i don't remember this at all, is this an alternate ending ?

Believe it or not, she is really popular. The fans always spot her and take pics of her. She's more recognisable than Tom for sure. It's funny because the pair were spotted in places together and the fans would only take pics with her because they didn't care about Tom or they didn't even know who he is (even in London, his own country). Zendaya has many followers on IG too.

What did they mean by this

You're trying way too hard, the avengers theme is already a classic

is she talking about The Amazing SpiderMan movies?

homecumming

>mfw a children's manga/anime about high school kids with powers is better than anything Marvel and DC have ever done

Based

The original spiderman movies will NEVER be beat especially not by a couple of souless cashgrabs from marvel

And the best comic book movie in the history of comic book movies.

This 25 second clip is probably better than anything in the entire MCU

thats his beard