Cold Skin was objectively superior fish people movie...

Cold Skin was objectively superior fish people movie. It wasn't some gay shit like "The Shape of Water" where a woman fucks a fishman (obviously disgusting) but about how Titus Pullo fucks a fishwoman (hot). What did Sup Forums think of Cold Skin?

Post fish tits.

*Blocks your path*

The Shape of Water - The girl fucking a fishman was an allegory for AIDS and bestiality, for all things unnatural and disgusting.

Cold Skin - Titus Pullo fucking a fishwoman was an allegory of man conquering over the unknown, over fear, for all things that are terrifying and beyond our reach, and yet man succeeds.

Well put.

They fucked it up though. Protagonist should have had an obvious sexual relationship with her too. In the book it goes like that: He's disgusted but also fascinated by her and her pussy feels great, he then tries to love her which results in him seeing the other creatures as more human and relatable, then finally realizes she will never really care about him, making him hatefuck her constantly and also waging war against the creatures again.

I don't get why Eliza still couldn't get a husband. She was just mute
She was nice
She was smart
She was attractive
Like a 1950d dude wouldn't take her to a malt shopppee and marry her? Very stupidl movie

Well they heavily imply that protagonist banged her at least once (whilst Titus Pullo was watched them behind the rocks, implying that his resentment for both the fishgirl and the protagonist grows stronger). Was there a significant difference between the ending of the film and the book?

Sad!

It basically lacked the punch. I think the main character's depression came largely from her not answering his affection. The whole island dehumanized him and he also kind of enjoyed fucking her, that's why he stayed. Again, her rejection of him as anything more than a sexual partner had a huge part in him becoming the new Gruner

It was boring and retarded.
Fucking waste of blackbeard really.

Also why did the British dude have a Mosin nagant?

On the plus side, maybe they'll adapt this fairly soon; neglected engineer's wife has affair with mythical seal-human, but he's only interested in repopulating his race.

aw shit, Titus Pullo is in it?

Looks more liked pulled pork in this lol

Yes, and he looks the part of the deranged lighthouse keeper.
But still glad to see that Titus Pullo is still getting work, he instantly makes things better.

You know, I didn't hate it but I did sit there and wonder what the purpose of the film was. I mean I get what happened and the implications of it but at the end of the movie, I really just wanted to see more dudes slam that fish girl. Maybe interbreed. It just felt like a weird softcore VN that just leaves you wanting more.

Still better than shape of shit tho

I didn't see that one, I like Del Toro but lately the movie industry has been creating movies that are trying to 'make people think.' And while those type movies are fine, it seems to me like they are choosing scripts / stories which fetishize things like immigrants, inbreeding and other taboo subjects which are being pushed politically. Even capeshit is getting it's heavy dose of race mixing and fringe acceptance. I'm not even a Sup Forums tard but this shit is getting pushed so hard that normal people are looking at it and going, 'Are we really trying to normalize this crazy shit?'

Like what is with all these movies with people fucking aliens? Is this what counts as deep? It just feels like 'modern art' on film.

Well at least this movie didn't pretend to be more than it was.

Agree. It's not really about making people think but rather making them think a certain way. Therefore these movies aren't deep but actually shallow. Everyone is supposed to understand the message. The assumption of these movies being intelligent or deep does result from the idiotic idea that conveying progressive highly mainstream values, though treated as if they were somewhat underdog, was any intelligent or deep to begin with. Having the 'right' opinion makes you seem intelligent in the current year.

I didn't dislike it but it didn't click with me.

You're right, this is one of those movies my girlfriend looks at me over and goes, 'What did you think about that movie?' I'd just say, 'Well it had a beginning and an end and there was plot in between, so it qualifies as the academic definition of a motion picture.' What she really wants me to say is, 'Dude shouldn't have fucked that fish girl and they should've just built a wall and said fuck it.' Incoming 2 weeks of butthurt whining about walls and politics. I stopped telling my girl anything political and she asked me about it one day and I just said, I'm not talking politics with you for the same reason I'm not talking politics with a 4 year old. I feel like society is just filling up right now with people who are essentially socially retarded and all our entertainment mediums are set up in such a way to spurn unwanted discussion of political issues to wear people down. This movie is so formulaic in it's attempt to spark debate on politics that I just didn't enjoy it. Reddit virtue signaling, the movie.

Still, I guess when he fucked the fish girl I was a little curious if we talking real here.

Also just FYI, I agree with OP, it's a great fish person movie, there's not many of those.

All in all Titus Pullo > Paddington lady tbqh

>objectively superior fish people movie
Upon writing this phrase, I think you need to step back and look at the decisions that lead you to this point in your Life.

the sex scenes were kinda disturbing. Overall the movie was quite decent if you you turn off your brain a little bit.

>I don't like monster flick
>All I like is movies about gay people
Straight out of reddit