Katherine Waterston's Sexy Space Adventure

I liked it. It's not perfect and it was predictable. And I can see some people finding it boring because so little seemed to happen and the scenario is nothing different that any previous film in the series, but I found it to be exciting nonetheless. Also I don't mind Ridley pontificating when he still brings the tense man vs ??? conflict and beautiful exterior shots of planets and ships in space. I really don't want a Alien from Blomkaomfp with neato video game guns and action scenes built around fancy alternate firing modes, and I don't want Disney approved PG13 reboot. This shit sucks, third time might have been a charm.

I kinda liked it too for how weird it was. Some of the choices made during it's production were baffling and it intrigues me.

Such as? I didn't follow it's production.

Kill Noomi offscreen is the main one imho

>I really don't want a Alien from Blomkaomfp
Then you have shit taste. He's exactly who's needed to save the series.

they should have had long takes of waterston's feet desu, thats the one thing that would have made it redeemable.
and , or literally any other director, ridley scott got too full of himself to make anything interesting anymore.

I preferred Promethius.

I bet you want del Toro to make Mountains of Madness as well

Yeah, I did see something after I finished watching it about "Rapace, Fass and Waterson begin filming[..]" and thought "lol what?"

I disagree. You're not saving the series if you're not retaining it's horror and I'm not convinced Blofeld can. Please don't suggest Oats viewing

ew

I liked it because they introduced a new type of alien; they introduced an alien that was finally rational and you could calm it down like a horse, which was Weyland-Yutanis absolute goal. Their goal in the xenomorph issue is to be able to control the species and use it for whatever they want. Power, dominance, etc. How many companies could say "if you dont do what I say I'll dump a bunch of fucking facehuggers on your planet and kill you all"? I think a rational alien that you can control is the scariest fucking thing.

It was scary and gone too soon. The special xenos have been the payoff in a bunch of Alien movies after the original. It was weird that it appeared early and nothing topped it this time. I wasn't really disappointed though because the ending suggest that there will been loads of new Xenomorph types aboard David's ship.

>Wanting an Aliens rehash featuring washed up, aging actors

gib more android

sexy katherine space pics?

So, what makes a neomorph less "perfect" than a normal xeno? It seemed much more dangerous.

No acid blood
That's it

bum?

She looks like her face has melted

Also tummy

Well, at least it's better than Sigourney's

and cunny !

She's wife material with long hair

>it was predictable
You say that, but this is the only Alien movie in existence with a 'bad end'. And I don't think people predicted any homosexual flute innuendos.

Nah it reeks of trying to apologise for Prometheus with more Alien(tm) stuff. We've all seen the original, we don't need more. Shame, because all the stuff that didn't involve the Xenomoprh (or whataver the fuck) could actually be interesting as its own movie, which I imagine is how it was originally conceived until Scott realised it wouldn't get bankrolled without an exisiting franchise behind it.

I preferred Alien: Resurrection

>identical characters
>cut away during end of fight
>lingering questions of what happened

Fass did a good job of convincing me he wasn't David while manning the cameras and doors but you're still waiting for the other shoe to drop after a relatively easy take down of the final obstacle. Plus the cutting of hair. I'm not complaining, I liked the ending. And David's Fantastic Science Voyage is something I'd really like to see.

David showing up to the Engineer planet was gangster as fuck.

Plebs defend shit from the hack Ridley Scott.

Filing charges against the whole thread

agreed

It had issues - one of the biggest being too many charicters that you don't know so you don't give a flip when they die.

Amy was cute as hell as the pilot who blows up her own ship. Katherine was great, even if she really needs longer hair. its not a bad movie that everyone makes it out to be.

Also, would love to see another david movie, even if I know it never happening.

That guy made one good movie.

I hated Prometheus but I really enjoyed Evil David doing his treachery this time around. Plus that scene when shit first starts hitting the fan was excellent.

By far the worse part of the film (alien on the ship) reeked of the studio insisting it needed to be done.

No, it was Ridley's idea. He wanted to hark back to the original Alien with the "extra" ending.

>I really don't want a Alien from Blomkaomfp with neato video game guns and action scenes built around fancy alternate firing modes
to be honest this is the only thing left to do with the franchise, along with bringing back the original characters for one last ride before they die.

Ridley's over-fascination with the fundamentally uninteresting character of David is what has knee-capped this 'series'. Even if there was a third... Prometheus(?) movie, all it would amount to is Ridley's camera ogling David and David winking at the audience saying "Aren't a I naaaughty boy?" That's the whole sum of the series. B-O-R-I-N-G.

This series should be a textbook example of why focusing on explaining the "lore" of your movie or franchise is always the worst possible idea you could ever conceive.

Katherine Waterson in Inherent Vice (2014):
>thin youthful, beautiful

Katherine Waterson in Alien: Covenant (2017):
>skinnyfat, looks middle-aged, puffy face, saggy skin on neck

Did she hit the wall hard during those 3 years or did she just spend it drinking beer and smoking to get into character?

It's called makeup and lighting, you fucking mong.

Dennis Villeneuve's Alien: Revelation

>starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone

yummy

dated a girl with tiny tits but had nipples like this, which almost completely made up for it

Same.

I think Ridley is suffering from early-onset dementia desu. He's struggling to keep a straight, common-sense timeline and his near obsession with David is, will be ruining his Alien body of work.

All the conections to the franchise were the weakest parts of this movie (same for prometheus) and it would have worked better as its own thing.
David being a mad scientist that has gone mad due to isolation and his own conflicts about the creator/created relationship is interesting enough to hinge a movie on without making the xenomorph life cycle even more retarded.

>too many charicters that you don't know so you don't give a flip when they die.
Don't forget that all the characterization for the crew was cut from the movie and turned into a teaser for the movie.
I was really confused watching the movie because I remembered watching the scene before they went into cryo, and the finished product starts with them waking up.
James Franco isn't even in the movie except his face in a picture.
Just fucking weird.

>bringing back the original characters for one last ride before they die.
Go watch Indy 4 and star wars VII and VIII again if you need to be reminded how well that usually turns out.

The one thing I really hate about this new series of Alien movies is that fucking black goo. As a weapon its a million times better than facehuggers as you only need to breath it in, and the Neomorphs it spawns are seemingly faster, stronger, and faster growing than the Xenomorph. Why even go through the trouble of weaponizing Xenomorphs when you can just drop a couple of black goo bombs on a target?

The neomorphs come from the infected space mushrooms growing on the engineer's planet.
If the goo was dropped on earth, it wouldn't necessarily produce the same creatures, so I guess xenomorphs make for a more reliable weapon.

In universe no one knows about the black goo being the origin of the xenos except david.
As far as they know Weyland's expedition failed, and an unrelated colony ship goes missing a decade later, some time after that the crew of the nostromo picks up another seemingly unrelated distress beacon.
Only the audience is aware of the connections.