Goddamn, this fucking sucked

Goddamn, this fucking sucked.

no shit u dumb retard. just watch the original. stop giving james franco money

1- I already did watch the original. There's no fucking point in watching this otherwise.
2- I also read the book which is probably the best room-related media in existence.
3- Implying I paid to watch it.
4- Go fuck yourself.

It was okay. Wasted a lot of potential though. Tommy's a lot weirder than he's portrayed in this.

everything before the making of the movie was great but when they started making the movie it kind of didn't know what it wanted to be

I think the problem is that a lot of the really funny shit that comes from the room is in really minor details that can't be laid out in a 2 hour movie to someone who has no idea what the room is.

I think he did a completely wrong take on Tommy. He's 100% a weirdo, but not a spastic as he's depicted in the movie.
And his brother was absolutely miscast as Greg.

i dont really understand why greg didnt play himself... the dude hasnt aged a day

yeah. Greg was way off. it portrayed him as beta little wimp who did whatever Tommy wanted, where as in reality he's a chilled out Chad who just did what he had to to further his career.

He was basically using Tommy but grew really fond of him.

do you hafve to watch anything beforehand in order to understand this

Tommy and Greg's relationship was actually a lot more sophisticated than just the former "using him".

On a side note, where did that Cranston thing come from? I'm sure it wasn't in the book. Did they get it from the actual persons or did they made it up to make Tommy look like an unapologetic piece of shit? I mean in the book he's often a jerk, but in the movie he reaches some new lows.

I thought it was good. Reminded me of PTA's "The Master."

BECAUSE I'M IN TOO DEEP

Because it was a retarded ego picture by Jews

As I said, if you haven't watched The Room there's absolutely no point in watching this, considering it's a movie that, deep down, has been done just for the memes.

I'd recommend reading the book too because it's very good, but it's probably better doing it after watching the movie, you might enjoy it more.

from what i get the room is so bad to the point that its hilarious and disaster artist is just memeing off that?

this would have worked better as a miniseries

there's just way too much to pack in 2 hours. I can't imagine how confused I would have been if I knew nothing about the room.

also the thing about instantly getting why the room is hilarious as soon as you watch it is wrong. anybody I've shown the room to doesn't even laugh and is just confused in general.

Exactly.

wiseu is acutally a pretty nice guy met him once in LA

It's completely fabricated. Greg didn't want to shave since he thought of his beard as a disguise, I think Tommy sensed this and forced him to shave.

It absolutely fucking sucked.
Only reason they cast that other Franco brother is because he's the brother of James Franco.
He looks like shit. Greg Sestero is a good-looking bloke. You're not supposed to cast an ugly fuck to play someone who was attractive in real life!
Also his acting was fucking shit.

Did he ask you about your sex life?

nice

>no exploration of Tommy's past
>Greg is braindead with no motivation
>ignores crucial moments of the book while inserting fictional scenes for no reason
>uproarious laughter at the premiere
>5 minute jerk off sesh during credits

Glossing over Greg's cynicism was a huge mistake. Could have been an amazing black comedy if they focused on the characters instead of the novelty of the movie itself.

>Franco wasn't nominated so Tommy didn't even get to go to the Oscars out of this shitshow.

>this would have worked better as a miniseries
I could see this. While the stuff with Tommy's life was really interesting kn the book, I don't see how you'd be able to put it into the movie. Aside from fucking up Greg, I think the movie fucked up Tommy by not having his gradual breakdown. He still throws tantrums during production of his movie without the movie itself feeling as important to him.

Pretty sure Tommy got a cut out of this movie as well, so its not all Franco money

Do you think making The Room put Greg off of acting forever? I don't think he really did anything after.

did it have the pen scene from the book?

I don't normally care for audiobooks but in the case of The Disaster Artist, it's highly recommended rather than just reading it yourself. Greg does a great narration and his Tommy impression is spot on.

Greg was never really that good of an actor to begin with. His biggest role outside of The Room was a Puppet Master prequel.

yes, but not nearly as meaningful

Damn. I'd say that's arguably the best scene in the book. I'd read it a long time ago and don't remember a lot about the book now but that part always stood out to me. It really gives you a look into Tommy's mind.

None of the Franco's are good. They are members of the (((tribe))) that's how they got into this business.
This. The entire movie was just an elaborate joke with Tommy at the center. They just wanted to make fun of a goy who dared threaten their livelihood

He never really got a good chance to shine. I'd imagine starring in something like The Room, before it hit cult status, was pretty embarrassing and he never truly embraced his meme status like that Troll 2 dad did. He always seem a bit ashamed that people liked The Room ironically.

That's basically the big problem with the movie. I would have really wanted the thing with Tommy freaking out over Greg saying his line during the party and Greg having difficulty with leave your stupid comments

Dammit Tommy. He looked better with the beard

Whats with the bad wigs in this movie?

This is just pathetic. One is a happy chad ready to fuck his friend's girl (look that that grin), and the other is a beta-faggot that looks sad and uncomfortable.

The movie could work just focusing on Tommy and Greg. It's a story about sheer willpower and the reasons why people create, framed in a complicated relationship that is part circumstantial, financial, and genuine. Hell, the book ends before the premiere -- it was never really about how funny the movie is or its cult status, so why waste time focusing on those aspects if you only have 2 hours?

I'm sure Franco and co. didn't feel threatened, they just wanted to make a meme movie and get their paycheck/oscar

Because then it wouldn't just be a circle jerk for Franco and co

Formerly "Goddamn, this feeding seeded"

Seth Rogen fucking pissed me off in this film. His character was just exposition to point out the ridiculous things Tommy did.
>"Dude, we already have a toilet."
>"Why build a set if there is an alley exactly like this right outside?"
>"Two opening logos - nice."
etc.

YAR HAR

WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A PIRATE?

Don't you bully Tommy