What the hell does that even mean?

what the hell does that even mean?

you can't let go of your things so they might as well be owning you

Consumerism.

stop doing things because of things, idiot

didnt you pay attention in church?

It's meant to sound hollow and stupid.

having a lot of things can trap you

It was the late 90s, everyone in America was bored because there weren't any real problems. So we got silly shit like Fight Club.

>this is too complicated for the average millennial/gen z

nice.

If you need to have it explained, it's already too late, junior.

Look up golden handcuffs you trying to be above it all faggot

it's like having less stuff (or not too much) makes you happier

He meant that he who questions training only trains himself in asking questions.

>what is Sup Forums

In English, doc!

>can't even understand the basic criticism about consumerism

Is this the current state of American intelligence?

>there weren't any real problems
unironically take a swan dive into concrete, today

It's speaking of the moral decay of society due to materialism
remember user:
You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.

It speaks of the dangers of waifus and eventually sexbots.
Instead of living for yourself, you devote all your time to worshipping some fake icon or fucking a lifeless doll.

Think about it, man, like, we invented money because it's easier to carry and store than like a herd of pigs or whatever, we made it up just for our convenience, but if you look at now we're completely its bitch, most of the things we do are because of it, we kill and die for money. We don't control the money the money controls us.

WOT IF DOG OWNED YOU

fight club is millennial core

he is referring to how whites used to own blacks, but now whites worship black culture and the bbc. DUH!

For the record, kill yourself.

how many times have you listened to "Where is my mind"?

You become a slave to consumerism.

Only when I watch the film. Three times now, since I saw it in the cinema in 1999. Again, KILL yourself.

Its true. When you have alot of stuff, it weighs you down. You feel less free, I highly recommend anyone living on their own for the first time (uni, work, whatever) bring as little with them as possible. You will not be defined by what you own, but by what you do.

no it's not, why do people keep falling for this shit,
Tyler is supposed to be sympathetic in the first half and antagonistic in the second it's a pretty clear relationship between the two of them

Getting rid of excess bullshit you own is liberating as fuck desu.

So you want to do what you like but can't because you have to pay the mortgage and car loan and you have to dust you action figures and fix that leaky pipe and all your time is wasted maintaining and looking after things that you might not need.

Is your IQ in the 80s?

MO MONEY
MO PROBLEMS

ist self explanatory. You need your stuff you cant live without them, you need more and more, you only live to have more stuff.