Wow he's so creative

>wow he's so creative
>copies a mike mignola character that was a copy of a 1950s movie monster
What an original and creative genius

Give that beaner an Oscar!

He's great. Creativity=/=Le New Idea!!
These days people think good=original/new/subverting expectations.
Being original is overated. TLJ was original and when it wasn't it was subverting expectations. It was also shit.
Del Taco creates believable cinematic worlds and characters that look good and feel fleshed out.

>feel fleshed out.

Every character in TSOW was a bland stereotype. The guy who's cat got eaten barely cares about what happens and goes back to drawing the retarded girl fucking the fish.

I thought this was his Creature of the Black Lagoon story pitch that got dropped because Universal is putting the brakes of their Cinematic Monsterverse

when is jeunet going to put a hit on him ffs

Why would he care about a cat? The cat didn't give a fuck about him (no cat is able to care about humans, it's not in their psycho DNA).
Cats are like serial killers without opposable thumbs. That's the only thing keeping us alive.

It was. I'm glad they did it anyway and it's better if it's not connected to Dracula Unfold and The Mommy.

Oscar winning director Guillermo del Toro, the Person of Pallor who made a speech about art erasing “lines in the sand,” personally lives in, I believe, the idyllic suburban hills west of the San Fernando Valley. And/or he may have moved to Toronto in Canada recently. Guys at his level often have multiple homes.

But one place Guillermo del Toro definitely doesn’t live is in his native country of Mexico. Del Toro did not even visit his home country from 1998 until 2015.

When he wants to make a Spanish language movie he goes to Spain rather than home to his native Mexico.

Why does del Toro take full advantage of the line in the sand between America and Mexico?
His father, Federico del Toro, was kidnapped off of the streets of his Mexican hometown, Guadalajara, and held for ransom. del Toro had sunk all of his money into Mimic, and had no idea how he would get his father back home.

del Toro and his two brothers began receiving ransom notes. The three brothers would take turns speaking with the kidnappers, with del Toro taking control over the last leg of the negotiations.

“We would get ransom notes with many syntax and spelling errors. It effects you.”

“Unfortunately I have to leave Mexico after the kidnapping of my father. Creatively I would be back, but as a parent I find it very difficult to return with the assurance that it will not be a problem …”

As del Toro’s decision demonstrates, it’s actually nice to have “a line in the sand” between America and Mexico …

>I am incapable of forming emotional connections with pets
>so nobody else is able to

damn
great post

He makes JJ Abrams look like Jack Kirby

I can. Dogs. Birds. Snakes.
Cats and ferrets are evil tough.
Ferrets are even worst than cats. In winter they find a hole a gerbil made, go in and kill the little guy and take his fur off a tuff at a time to make themselves a fucking blanket. That's so fucking fucked up why whould I care about something that does that?

t.zodiackiller

I genuinely believe the accusations about how he stole this shit from the playwright

Isn't all his stuff just a copy of someone else's work?
>wants to do lovecraft
>can't even do hellboy right

It's Hollywood. Are you expecting them to greenlight an original idea? Del Toro goes as far as he can from the source, but they still pay for the movie and they want what they want. Good thing most of them don't know the source material of what they are asking to get (like Hellboy and Creature from the Black Lagoon).

Japan made a film recently about a woman and a Kappa. It's just Hollywood being embarrassingly behind Asia and Europe while insisting it is hip and cool. Modern Jewish-led America really is retarded.

Have you actually seen the tv version of the play? They use basically an inflatable pool toy as the dolphin

Cuts through all the bullshit, well done.

You got him, you've exposed he believes kidnappers should have lines in the sand, well done.

name? moar?

Hellboy is objectively a better lovecraft than lovecraft

The comic is good
DelToro totally missed the point and makes it an urban fantasy action flick

Good artists copy; great artists steal.

Wrll, this is copying done right unlike fags like JJ Abrams do. Del Toro copied old amateur films that nobody has seen and give them a fresh take and a big budget, why would you complain since you aren't gonna see the orginals? It's not like it's a reboot of a classic. Now I think this movie was fucked up and could have been fixed by making it kid friendly, remove the sex scenes and make it a love story only, cast a beautiful woman and don't make the old man a homo. The only thing I like about Del Toro are his sets and visuals, I like the creatures but he always goes into fucked up themes, incest, homosexuality etc...Can't he just make a fairy tale for once?

>woman fucks animal with as much demonstrated emotional and intellectual ability as a dog
>it's ok because he's a svelte humanoid

Fuck everyone who didn't like TSoW

>DUDE WHAT IF THE MONSTER IS THE GOOD GUY AND ITS THE NORMIES WHO ARE BAD LMAO

>can't do hellboy right

Literally go fuck yourself

>Thinking hellboy is lovecraftian

It has lovecraftian elements but its absolutely an occult detective story doofus

Man its almost as if they were like that on purpose

>Characters are poorly written ON PURPOSE!

Holy shit can you imagine being this much of a fucking brainlet

The characters are representative of different types of people and their lifestyles/moral codes.

They're essentially caricatures of these stereotypes, especially the main villain.

>Everyone forgetting the best taco-core

>All of the characters are SUPPOSED to be underwritten stereotypes

Holy shit, you delusional faggot.

The movie is literally about the different kinds of people who exist outside the mainstream lifestyle and under a different moral code, they literally are representatives of their steriotypical character types you absolute fucking retard holy fucking shit

There was nothing that felt original with The Shape of Water for me. The ascetic of the sets were ripping off Jeunet and the movie Amelie. The music was bland, the monster looked like Abe Sapien + Creature of the Black Lagoon.

Fuck TSOF, it was an awful lefty propaganda flick

If Del Taco can only write characters as stereotypes, then he's a shit writer.

>The ascetic
>Hurr the movie was well lit and it had french music its ripping off this other movie with those things
>HURRR MUH LEFTY PROPOGANDA

>this won best direction
lmfao

you made me kek. good job bro, but the points still stand

>I've never seen any of his other movies - The Comment

>You got him, you've exposed he believes kidnappers should have lines in the sand, well done.
Yeah, those lines being around his neighbourhood and the parties he attends.

You mean his parade of glorified capeshit and watered-down shounen anime?

>Hellboy
>Capeshit

Holy shit this triggers me beyond belief

Also how the fuck is Crimson Peak, Cronos, or Pans Labyrinth, (His only films in the same style as TSoW) in any way like anime

>HEHEHE, movie from 1969 had bad practical effect so it's noting like my 2017 CGI clownfiesta.

Great reasoning faggot

>Holy shit this triggers me beyond belief

It shows, faggot. It shows.

wait, this wasn't a Hellboy prequel?

HELLBOY ISN'T A FUCKING SUPER HERO HE'S A PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You've literally never read lovecraft you enormous pleb

Abe had actual characterization though