Given spotlight debut at huge relaunch of company's line

>Given spotlight debut at huge relaunch of company's line.
>Cameo appearance in every title
>Hyped for first big crossover in New 52 (only to fuck off during Forever Evil)
>Reappears only to be killed.

Has there ever been a more useless character? She seemed to have such a presence in the DCnU for like the first year or so and seemingly abandoned whatever plans they originally had for her.

Did she do anything of importance?

Yeah she exploded. Shit was soo cash!

go ahead..

>>Got the Quasar Bands in Standoff
>>Promoted as the next Quasar in ads.
>>Appears now and then in Cap's run
>>Comatose at start of Secret Empire
>>Wakes up to break shield around earth
>>Dies from this
>>This is only mentioned in Captain Marvel, and she was so unimportant, nobody even fucking mentions or cares that she dies.
>>She also had a lesbian girlfriend who doesn't show up again.

Great going Marvel.

I think she was supposed to be the failsafe to bring everything back to before the reboot if the New52 failed, except it didn't (at the time) and so they didn't need her.

>I think

At least this issue was cool.

I mean, it makes sense.

>Brand new character brought in at a time of great change.
>Having her constantly make references to a great threat using vague pronouns.
>Have her on some vague mission that is as big or little in terms of importance as needed.

I just don't understand why she pissed straight off after Forever Evil. Her and Magical Hitler Question are just some baffling things that stand out during this period of time at DC.

What a waste of a pretty cool design.

I'm pretty sure she'll come back in Doomsday Clock, if only in a flashback. They'll have to explain how she ties into Manhattan's story and why she was killed.

You know how many plot threads Johns has left hanging over the years?

Sure, but they were always left for other writers to pick up or he was assigned to a different book before he could resolve it. People were saying that Darkseid War was full of things that would never be followed up but we're getting more of Baby Darkseid and Diana's twin brother as we speak.

I miss her.

>>>Dies from this
>>>This is only mentioned in Captain Marvel, and she was so unimportant, nobody even fucking mentions or cares that she dies.
Wait she's dead?
Fuck.

She seems like she was meant to be Phyla Vel but adorkable and human or something. There's nothing original to her.

I miss Phyla.

That precog inhuman from civil war 2

OP said character, not plot device.

Cool design tho.

This sort of thing is the worst. Creating a character with potential just to off them for much shock value before they really have time to do anything. It's a hallmark of bad writing and shows that the creators care more about shock value than good storytelling.

People didn't like when they tried to tie her into the greater history of the multiverse and they also didn't react well to her new powers.

>that is as big or little in terms of importance as needed.
That's a good point.

Did basically the same thing with Wally and Rebirth. Who gives a shit about characters who aren't the core Justice League?

this is the fate of all cosmic marvel characters

What gets to me is how ready, hell, eager writers are to kill off new potential characters so we'll always be stuck with the same guard. And I'm not talking just comics, TV shows suffer from this too.

They didn't kill Pandora off for shock value. They did it because she was a mistake. She had a chance to prove herself and she failed