Horror movies get the shaft from the academy and never get nominated for oscars

>horror movies get the shaft from the academy and never get nominated for oscars
>suddenly a horror movie comes out with an anti-white plot and suddenly it's nominated for an oscar

makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Hp2sBV-G5H0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, but did you think it was a good movie? I found it hit the comedy notes pretty strong, as well as the horror notes. Once you realize what's up, you can't help but be horrified.

really spices my vindaloo

>anti-white plot

Reddit wants their village retard back

Honestly the plot wasnt antiwhite it was anti black fetishism

>>black rehash of The Stepford Wives gets an Oscar.

yep, I'm horrified alright.

>anti-white
Imagine being this dumb

I don't like saying this but this year was pretty much the first time Science-Fiction and Horror got fellated by the Academy and it was purely for political shit. Get Out was a 6/10 retread of the 'The Innocents' or 'Mask of the Devil' type plot where the weird sinister people turn out to be evil and Shape of Fishfucking was just a freak supremacist piece.

At least BR2049 (which I wasn't even huge on) got recognition for what felt like valid merits. Visual awards are nothing new for SF but at least it got them.

>I didnt watch the movie and I'm angry.

not an argument

Well, what other horror movies deserve a Best Picture or Best Screenplay nom in recent memory?
The VVitch?

I was really pulling for the movie where the white girl is in love with the hideous monster, but then The Shape of Water won

AMERICAN PSYCHO!!!FACT!!!

We really should be happy for Peele. He loves movies, tv, comedy, and horror. He's a great actor comedian, and clearly a talented director.

>Get Out
>Anti-White
I don't think you understood the film.
It makes you think because you're retarded, so I guess at least something's doing it for you

Caucasoids always be getting mad at #blackexelence

It's a comedy, I laughed my fucking ass off at the police scene.

Get Out was fantastic. Best horror film in years.

Yikes. That shit was so obvious, you're that easy to please?

JEJ

Go away Jordan.

>anti-white
if anything the film is a satire of rich white liberals who patronise black people by treating them like children / pets while thinking that they're the progressive equality advocates.
the family are even openly Democrats.

So it’s like real life when white people give out oscars based on politics over merit? Sounds like a scathing criticism of Hollywood in general, and the old white idiots at the oscars fell for it.

>it hit the comedy notes pretty strong
Why does everyone pretend this is a comedy film? There's absolutely nothing funny about it. Even the "comic relief" character is useful, competent, and quite savvy.
Calling Get Out a comedy is like calling A Clockwork Orange a musical.

but i think the film actually does have merit.
but yes, that sort of mentality is exactly what the film was satirising.
liberals treat black people as children that can do no wrong, and are to be pitied and helped along as much as possible.
in a way, what they're doing is equally as damaging to black people. they don't genuinely care about them, they just pander to them to get votes, and keep them in poverty to be used as a reliable source of votes.

>i would have voted for Obama a third time if i could

these people aren't conventional redneck / republican racists.
the film is actually way more perceptive than Sup Forums children such as OP seem to think.

Get Out is pro alt-right

What I’m really wondering is why he didn’t give Key a shoutout when he won his award. His career would have been over after mad tv if it wasn’t for key and peele. What a shitty friend.

youtu.be/Hp2sBV-G5H0

literally the token nigger movie, they also had a token faggot movie, it's hollywood they have to complete their checklist

at least it had a few descent movies like blade runner, dunkirk and that gary oldman movie

darkest hour fucking sucks, they just wanted to give oldman an oscar

>fags make up less than 1% of Americans
>every year a movie about fags gets a best picture nomination

Talk about over representation...

I am. Black women are often hilarious to me.

he deserved it though, literally best performance from all the nominated

yeah, nogs are over represented too but at least they're like over 20% of the population, not under 1%, i dont know why they're pushing them so hard in the media

>anti-white plot

Imagine being this clueless. The film shines a light on the hypocrisy of the white American leftist. The movie is redpilled, you goons.

>anti-white plot

You have to be some kind of a racist if you think it's anti-white, given that it's fucking SATIRE.

so it's "all wyppo bad: the movie"

Wait, you said it's so obvious, so I wasn't suppose to laugh? what was I suppose to do again, mr. enlightened man?

i though it was more about (((them))) than whites
wasnt the family jewish?

this.

I remember watching the film reluctantly on a date due to the Sup Forums hyperbole but found it a refreshing criticism of "modern racism" where being totally 100% not raycis you guys is the new racist. Most of the people shitposting this have almost 100% not seen it, especially when most of the criticisms are
>but it has niggers!
>white guilt
>but it has niggers
>only praised cause it had blacks
>Did I mention it had niggers!

really pathetic.
People are retarded and most of the people on Sup Forums these days are false flagging LARPers. It's sad but true

Um. "No."

who are you quoting?

it really shows how much the_donald and gamergate have ruined Sup Forums.
i know people have always shitposted, but this is on another level.
Sup Forums should actually like Get Out, but instead of watching it and discussing it, they just see that it stars a black guy and automatically assume its message.

you're a fucking idiot

His fat friend was the only likable person in the movie
It's an average horror movie (sub-Wan)
And the comedy is it maybe only a few times and only gets a chuckle
Doesn't even work as a satire because we don't learn the twist toward the end
And peele chickened out by not having the cops show up and kill the dude after he murdered the white family
Probably give it a B- ....Annabelle creation was better

>>horror movies get the shaft from the academy and never get nominated for oscars
>>suddenly a horror movie comes out with an anti-white plot and suddenly it's nominated for an oscar
>makes you think

The movie isn't nearly as clever as you think it is.

Holy shit. Only one of those man-babies is even doing the "OK" correctly.

finally someone else who's not a retard.
the "comedy" arguement it's just an excuse for the bizarre constantly shifting tone of of the film which stems from bad filmmaking.

You're wrong. The guy you responded to is correct. If you can't see that, you have serious perceptive issues.

Because people love labels.

>Once you realize what's up, you can't help but be horrified

Uh what?

You realize what is up like 15 min or so into the movie and it kills all tension for the next hour until the movie catches up to that.

Greasy Strangler for best screenplay.

>you're a fucking idiot
right back at you

>You realize what is up like 15 min or so into the movie
you realised 15 minutes into the film exactly what was going on?

wahhh wahhh wahhh
>thread hidden

You could tell from the fucking trailers, this is not some new concept in horror or sci-fi, fucking retards.

>Write good original screenplay
>Win Best Original Screenplay
It didn't win anything else desu, and the nominations were more pity and cultural phenomena than merit-based validation. I'm fine with this.

it's not anti-white. it literally makes fun of Obama supporters and shows them in bad light