Has there been any true SPACE sci-fi kino on tv since this show ended?

has there been any true SPACE sci-fi kino on tv since this show ended?

The Expanse

Wasn't it cancelled?
Hate when that happens to good shows.

Never heard of it before, but sounds interesting.

Wikipedia says a new season is airing in april

Fucking this.

Remember the motherfucking Cant.

The Expanse is based on a book series, which I was told was pretty great.

I need to start watching it, but fuck, bsg was so good.
>tfw someone murdered your smelly cally gf

>the Adama manuver

Will women ever understand it?

>that drunk rant about her
Was kinda surprised how much vitriol it had in it

Fuck no.
Admiral Caine never would've done that, and she was hard as balls.

haha I wish admiral Caine would be hard on my balls haha

Ascension (mini-series)
Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams (anthology series. 2 out of 10 episodes are about space and other planets)
There's a lot of sci-fi series out there, but most are not set in space and if they are they're mostly capshit or very pulpy (Dark Matter, for example).

The books suck
The setting is interesting but the writers suck

I watched one episode of Electric Dreams and it was incoherent trash

Yeah same, but it was a nice reminder that not everyone in that setting (as expected) is together solely out of attraction or love. TV show romances are usually expected so you don't always think about them too closely, but that's just one thing I loved about BSG. The characters are well written humans with both good parts and flaws, not just Mary Sues or big bad evil people for the most part.

I also kinda reverse-spoilered myself regarding Cally's fate. While watching the early episodes of season 1, I googled Galen's name because I was confused how he and Boomer related to each other regarding their military ranks. Well, first thing that came up in the search was "Galen kills Cally". So when he knocked her out while hallucinating/sleepwalking that one time, I thought for sure she was dead. When it turned out that she was alive I assumed it would happen later. So when you-know-what happened to her, I was surprised.

Not sure when it came out but the mini series adaption of Arthur C. Clarkes' 'Childhoods End' is pure kino.

idk, I've seen it on tv, in movies, heard it on many different old time radio shows. I'm kinda tired of it. It may be great, but it's been adapted too much for me to care anymore

nope

First time I saw it. Shrugs.

>dude all along the watchtower by jimi hendrix is universal and controls evolution!

deep

Who is bold enough to go full-nihilistic

The song content has nothing to do with it though, it could have been any song. It was just the signal for the final 5. Don't be a retard.

Could have been absolutely KINO but that ending ruined it

>dude lets reduce the entire show on one musical contribution

get the frakk outta here

you ever notice how they're kinda positioned in that graphic like The Last Supper? was jesus a cylon?

Season 1 and 2 were absolute goat.

Season 3 and 4 were absolute trash.

Never bothered with the finale. I hope they all died.

The expanse is absolutely great!

A sci fi series with great characters , excellent world building and a broader scope.

isn't that bob dylans song?

Technically yes, but Dylan himself has said it basically belongs to Hendrix cuz he did it way better

>implying BSG was a true space sci-fi

yes and no, the expanse seems more space kino and bsg is scifi kino

Can't help but wonder what would have happened had he not (understandably) snapped and choked that bitch out

fuuuuck I hated her so much.

No, BSG is one of the best shows ever made. The Expanse is worth a watch, but be warned the first season is pretty awful - however the second season is almost kino.

Personally I liked the ending. The backstory of the Twelve Colonies was that Kobol had turned into a shithole because of their over dependance on technology, so they left Kobol behind and fled to the Colonies and pledged to destroy all their technology once they arrived. Obviously in the long-term that didn't work and the cycle repeated itself - hence "all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again."

which one? Tory or Cally?
I hated Cally with a passion.
Tory was a bitch too, though.

If you guys were colonial citizens, would you rather have died in the initial holocaust of the Colonies, or would you have like to be on one of the ships of the survivor fleet?

space dandy
yamato 2199

>that episode where galactica gets boarded by centurions

kino

Galactica getting boarded/mutinee-episodes are some of the best. That 2 or 3 episode mutinee-arc was intense was fuck.