Ready Player One

> The film takes place in 2045, the world is plunged into chaos and is on the verge of collapse. People are looking for salvation in the OASIS game - a huge universe of virtual reality. Its creator, genius and eccentric James Holliday, leaves a unique testament. All his colossal fortune will be given to the player who first discovered the digital "Easter egg" that the billionaire hid somewhere in the OASIS space. The quest that he launches covers the whole world. A completely non-heroic guy named Wade Watts decides to take part in the competition, headlong into the dizzying, reality-distorting pursuit of treasure through a fantasy universe full of mysteries, discoveries and dangers.

Tell me, anonymus: what is the power? Why are people already ready to chew and swallow another cocoa?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4goUd22HeE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>another cocoa

Sounds like shit. Needs Snow Crash virus.

he controls the internet and turns it off in the end

there saved you $15

Oh. It's googletration from Sosach.

doubt Steven S played WoW. if he did he would have put gold farming in this movie and the end would be welfare epics.

Who said they're ready to swallow? If anything they vomit just at the site of it

This'll be one of the biggest bombs of the year

>he controls the internet and turns it off in the end
But he did not!

this is the kid from The Tree of Life

fucking wasted on soywars

The baby's foot baby?

>This'll be one of the biggest bombs of the year
Like Black Panther? The film itself will be piece of shit, but stupid people will eat it anyway?

The CGI in the trailer looks like trash.

Just as planned.

Just ass planned.

Nice Blogpost

>murrica version of SAO

Wjat is SAO?

it's all about the pop culture references. who cares about the plot

I do.

No like King Arthur and Geostorm

This is WB not based Disney

... I think that quality will be the same as Panther's. Shitty and timewastely, I mean.

If this was a colourful, lighthearted fanservice flick I might actually be down for it but for some reason it's a bleak, miserable looking film that takes a ridiculous premise way too seriously. Everything I've seen of it so far is cringeworthy.

Do you like all these baby-actions like Hunger Games?

>Book: world is in ruins because people invest all their time on video games. Government tries to save the world
>Movie: people spend too much on virtual reality because the governemnt destroyed the world. Now the governemnt wants to take fun away too because they are evil

This is a baby action though, it's just an ugly, desaturated one.

But in the book were these "powerfull" dumbasses as villains,

>literally deus ex machina: the story
I don't get what the collective boner over this book is, god knows the movie's gonna be average at best.

Just remember Beautiful Creatures

>If this was a colourful, lighthearted fanservice flick I might actually be down for it
no you wouldn't
youtube.com/watch?v=u4goUd22HeE

Sword Art Online, an almost universally hated anime that somehow has inspired billions of knockoffs.

Basically Spy Kids 3 except it’s a generic fantasy world

>Seeing the RX Gundam in the trailer made my blood boil

Normalfags will not care about the cameo to appreciate it.

>tfw I’m actually legit curious and a little excited

Dammit, the book was fun as a kid.

>takes itself too seriously

Did people call Roger rabbit nostalgia wank when Betty boop showed up?

It does. Every ad I've seen makes it look like generic dark YA hero versus evil government action film.

This honestly looks better than anything else I've seen of it.

LOOK AT HIS LEG

>tfw I see more marketing using the word “Gunters”
If there was ONE THING Spielbiel could have cut...

This movie is everything wrong with cinema since Jaws came out.

Yea a movie with wacky retro references is super serious