RIP TMNT?

RIP TMNT?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lHyrrfeu794
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wow, people really are angered by the ending.

> This ain’t Mirage or IDW or Mad Max. It’s Nicke-frikkin-lodeon. We need happy endings.

More like missing a massive chunk of story just to have a last story line that cant be followed up

It's not the first bad ending in TMNT franchise, yet it feels uncompleted.

so does this mean that they'll lose the license of this eventually?

i usually stop watching turtles shows when they end up in space. What happened that got people mad?

>teenage mutant ninja turtles
>about actual teenagers

I could never get into this iteration. Maybe that's why I liked the Road Warrior elseworlds finale.

The finale of the series is called Mutant Apocalypse where all humans were killed by a gigantic mutagen bomb leaving only mutants alive. The world is basically mutant Mad Max now. There is a lot of confusion about if this is just a what if story or the actual ending of the series.

>just kills off the entire human population

So I'm assuming April and Karai survive, but does that mean Casey is fucking dead?

Literally all humans died. Ralph and Donny kept some mementos of them in the vehicle like how Casey's skull was a self destruct bomb.

why is that making people mad? that sounds like an amazingly risky and intriguing ending. I actually want to go back and watch this last season now. Reminds me of the first season of LoK when they showed murder suicide

Ok. But April and Karai were both mutants too right? So they should have been able to survive.

Unless like Splinter, something else killed them before it happened. It just seems weird that in the flashback "We're home" photo that April wouldn't be there with them at least.

We kinda knew they were done with happy endings when Splinter died forever.

And the four turtles flew into space to never return. And the Honeycutt with them decided not to use his time machine.

I just assumed they did go back in time to create a stable time loop. The only issue is that the turtles we were following witnessed their Earth being destroyed, whereas those turtles saw it saved and thus don't have that same sense of urgency to stop the Triceratons.

Honestly let's not pretend this TMNT series is good. It was shit.

And this finale sucked. So much obnoxious focus on the random little girl who is the hope and salvation of all intelligent life while also worshiping Raphael the most overrated turtle and this whole Last of Us parody mixed with Road Hogs was just garbage. I'm so glad this series is dead. Also the next series TMNT GO is another dud.

Man TMNT sucks and even IDW TMNT is sucking lately.

only if someone else buys it from Nick

Casey's skull was used as a bomb

Still officially not canon.

Welp, that was a dark/bittersweet note to end on.

Felt just weird, considering how this show was more "wacky" in parts when not focused on the Shredder. At least the crossover with the 80s incarnations was okay.

As for this finale, the biggest issue I had was more the generic execution of it.
I have nothign against Fallout like stories, but this one was kinda dull.

It depend on who you believe. Ciro wants to kill them all. Nickelodeon says it's just a story. Brandon Auman says most of season 5 can be considered non canon and the Kavaxas arc was the last real story.

>Brandon Auman says most of season 5 can be considered non canon and the Kavaxas arc was the last real story.
which is stupid as it literally means season 5 is a waste of time.

You think making everything the turtles have done completely futile is a fitting ending for a kid's show?

Yeah. That's why it was called Tales of TMNT. If thatending was canon, tthen the entire series was a waste of time. I'll take what I can get.

well, it's what happened on NGE...

Sure, why not?

Welp. Considering that the apocalypse directly contradicts what Renet's future I'll take it as non canon. Renet was in a season that actually mattered anyway.

Raph used caseys skull for a bomb, this is just dark man and no mention of april just her fan blade that blew up with the vehicle and donny didnt even mention it.

I've been out of the loop since season 3. Is it over now?

Did Apritello happen?

I liked it even though it was grim.
Gotta say season 5 was top notch. Now that they could basically do whatever since the story was wrapped up and they knew the series would end, that was a cool season.
Or maybe I'm still not over how good the Usagi episodes were.

The first 5 episodes are basically a mini-follow up to the last season after Shredder died
So without an overaching story they've made four 3-episode stories (Usagi, Halloween, 80s crossover and the finale), one 2 episode story (Dregg invading Earth) and an episode about Splinter and baby turtles.
Also the opening is damn cool
youtube.com/watch?v=lHyrrfeu794

Getting some serious Cowboy Bebop vibes

Yes you fucking crybaby, that's a great ending.

Does anyone have a picture of Casey's skull as bomb?

April wasn't a mutant. She just had weird powers that never really got explained.

An unexplained bomb goes off, kills all humans, leaves half the cast unmentioned and the rest suffering making all former actions moot is a great ending? And it contradicts what we were already told about the future. This was just a cheap shot by a guy who wanted to break his toys before he left.

She is half mutant. I think it was confirmed in the 2nd season or in the end of the 1st season.

She was a mutant. Brandon says she might be alive somewhere in that reality.

That's rather morbid for a Nick show, and this is the same channel that did the Murder-Suicide in Korra Season 1.

I'm sad that all the badgers and lizards got wiped out and Leo wasn't punished for it.

Don't forget the brand new character that was made up to eat screen time.

Why did Ralph need that breathing mask?

Its one of those things that wasn't explained

Don't watch the show, how did it end?

see

He was an old fuck, and the air in the apocalypses can't be good for him. So assume it was just fresh air to keep him going whenever his age hits him

Are Mike and Leo dead? I only hear Raphael and Don currently alive.

Mike became an insane hermit and Leo was mutated in to some big mad max motherfucker with Hulk tier anger issues.

I fucking loved the "finally". PostaPUNKalypse shit is always lovely.

I thought it was like an inhaler and/or oxygen mask that he has to savor.

>There is a lot of confusion about if this is just a what if story or the actual ending of the series.
given how theres already a treatment for the next series that been released publicly and shown off at cons i doubt this one will continue in any meaningful context
i mean IDW might continue with the TV story line with its Adventures sub series, in which case ill pick it up. but otherwise Viacom is moving on with the TV market

What's the chance this final episode might set up movie where future turtles time-travels back to past and work together with their younger selves to stop the bomb?

I think I remember seeing plot like this in previous series.

that sounds like a reference to the OLD Palladium pen and paper TMNT game
one of the last expansions was a Post Apocalyptic setting where humans were a minority and Mutants ruled and roamed the land.
they eventually re branded it without the TMNT license and moved forward from there thought the pack in comic that explained the setting and rule contained a pretty direct reference to the Turtles acknowledging the old connection

Oh how I would love that. Come on Nick. Just an hour special would be fine.

Why wasn't there a time-traveling character to help them? Usually someone like Fugitoid would pop in to save them from the world ending.

>Is it over now?
Technically there's still 7 episodes left to air, three of which are already on DVD in the US (and the other four are on DVD in the UK). But, between all the episodes being available now in some capacity and the final episodes quietly being burned off on Nicktoons, it's essentially over.

>Did Apritello happen?
In the series, no. They did kiss at the end of an official music video that was put out recently though.

~~Discarded~~

oh i saw the intro before. it was legit. and i agree with user. cowboy beebop feel

I think the most tragic thing (assuming Timothy was never cured) is that his family doesn't even know where he went. I doubt the turtles ever bothered to have April or Casey notify Timothy's parents, so they probably think their son is dead.

He actually showed up in the finale.

Am I the only one bothered by how ugly and strange looking mutated Leonardo was?

So Donatello is really dead and that thing was just a robot mimicking him right?

Because he's gonna wreck it.

April's mom slept around with Krang.

It's a Nickelodeon show, they'll re-write the entire show's canon and even throw in a couple of poochies if ratings drop.

Casey would have wanted it that way.

ok i went and watched it. It's very Logan mixed with Mad Max and maybe samurai jack (and i think donnie was chappie)

i felt it was kino but i could definitely see if the people watched this show was disappointed this was the ending

I feel they should have had Donnie use an emergency vial of antimutagen on Leo instead of having him calm down and regain his mind while still staying a freak.

Oh that's right.
I must have forgotten, somehow.

donnie should of done anything. as with every turtle show Donnie is shoved to the back

>kino
I wouldn't go that far. It felt like Mad Max/Samurai Jack but with most of the filler scenes (walking/driving with no dialogue, stuff like that) removed. There wasn't enough downtime between things happening, but I guess they had to fit in into 3 episodes, so it's understandable.

2012 was the fucking donatello & april show, man. Feels like he had more screen time than any other character for the first 4 seasons.

>all the humans died

Wouldn't they have been mutated?

thats because he did. Almost every episode opened with a gadget he created that would be important for the episode. Not to mention the great animeish blowups he had.

I can't recall exactly but season 2 after casey became part of the group was when pretty much every other line of Donnie was APRIL! and he just slowly got less and less to do unless it was a quick hack of something

It was a mutagen bomb, but a bomb nonetheless. Survivors were mutated, but millions died from the blast.

Isn't the original comic book story about how non-mutated enclavesque human survivors eventually return and wage war against the mutants?

i cant believe poochies is something we have to say casully now, why are we in the worst timeline

Ok but did all the reptilicus straight up die?

It just seems kinda fucked they all followed ralph just to die right before reaching paradise.

no not at all
both the Mirage and Archie though had far flung futures where global warming comes to a head and turns earth into a flooded swampland
in Mirage its apocalyptic but Archie had Humanity at least surviving well. at least well enough that Mike becomes a writer and Leo runs a Dojo